Shakin'

kandahar

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much more severe than the one 4 or so years ago and of much longer duration. Was upstairs did not want to take a chance and go down. No aftershock here yet!!!

Public announcement, unverified, second shock expected bewteen 1100 pm and 1 a.m (2300 - 0100 hours). request for all people in 2 storey houses to

move down or out.

Sh_it, I was just about to put the Kids to bed. was thinking it was all over. !?

Not wishing to cause alarm, but worth being cautious regarding the kids in the coming hours, days and weeks. Lots of supposed after shocks off the Honshu coast, including a 7.0 quake they believed was the main event 2 days before the 9.0 quake hit on 11 March.

Christchurch in N.Z. should also be a lesson to many about how these things work out. The destruction there happened months after the initial quake which was stronger and yet caused little damage by comparison.

Fingers crossed that was the worst of it earlier this evening.

Just hit again, 5 mins early.

not as big I don't think

Edited by jubby

just spoke to Ms Tastic in Chiang Saen, they got woken up by the 1st one and everyone ran out of the house. No damage, no injuries. About 3 or 4 smaller after-shocks. Hope that's the end of it!

I hope so too. the earth still seems to be moving to me although gently .

just spoke to Ms Tastic in Chiang Saen, they got woken up by the 1st one and everyone ran out of the house. No damage, no injuries. About 3 or 4 smaller after-shocks. Hope that's the end of it!

I hope so too. the earth still seems to be moving to me although gently .

Yes, gentle rolling now, not the vibration feeling that came with the first one. Almost a subtle, constant rolling and it just keeps rolling.

I'm worried too, tough being far away at the best of times!

Nothing too violent here, Biff, and the further south, the better off, until you get to the jello foundation under BKK. I saw the buildings in Anchorage after the '64 quake. Some sat on the same type of ground as BKK and they just vibrated whole, into the ground, some completely out of sight, others with only the roofs visible. I wouldn't want to be in a high-rise in BKK during a violent one. But I understand your worry.

Edited by kandahar

Nothing too violent here, Biff, and the further south, the better off, until you get to the jello foundation under BKK. I saw the buildings in Anchorage after the '64 quake. Some sat on the same type of ground as BKK and they just vibrated whole, into the ground, some completely out of sight, others with only the roofs visible. I wouldn't want to be in a high-rise in BKK during a violent one. But I understand your worry.

Thanks man, my family are further north! :lol: But they were ok when I spoke to them, dogs were a bit freaked out but Ms Tastic was fine, said everyone was calling her (they can feel it all over the country),and everything was ok. I doubt they'll get much sleep tonight though with all these after-shocks. It's a comfort reading these posts, thanks everyone.

If the 'phones and the internet are still functioning, it can't be that bad.

I'll try and 'not think too much' as they say :)

Just hope my friends in the 'City of Jello' are ok too!

Thanks man, my family are further north! :lol: But they were ok when I spoke to them, dogs were a bit freaked out but Ms Tastic was fine, said everyone was calling her (they can feel it all over the country),and everything was ok. I doubt they'll get much sleep tonight though with all these after-shocks. It's a comfort reading these posts, thanks everyone.

Let me know if the wife and I can help.

Let me know if the wife and I can help.

Will do Kd, thanks man. You've got your own family to look out for though, up in Chiang Saen they'll be fine, there's lots of family and friends around them. I really appreciate the offer :wai:

Will do Kd, thanks man. You've got your own family to look out for though, up in Chiang Saen they'll be fine, there's lots of family and friends around them. I really appreciate the offer :wai:

I do think it would be a nice guesture if Kd. was to start distributing that Pot of Chilli. We're particularly desperate in the Phayamengrai Area

We have been out side for the last couple of hours but everybody's getting tired so we all came into the house.

Now , nobody wants to sleep upstairs so it's blankets and rugs downstairs for everyone.

Hope everybody is safe and we all can have a good nights sleep.

Edited by dindong

anyone got any figures on the last one ? my internets far too slow to keep up with it.

Was the last one officially smaller ?

The whole thing's been downgraded to a 6.8

Reports from Mae Sai are of violent shaking

Well I've just been out to gbet the Car out the Garage and park it in a clear area, but the rest of the Village seem to be asleep. :) ....... I bet your the only guy worrying in 'Sob Kham' Too :)

Hi!

Hope every one is ok.?

My first-quit an experience-all people in Sinthanee is on the street whit the children and so-but no one hurt here.

My friend in Chiang Mai, told me that the road is cracked and a house missing a corner-alot of broken windows.

Fire in Platinium in Bangkok-dont kow if there is any connection.

Friends and family in Mae Sai,say very windy and they are of course afraid, there is more comming.

anyone got any figures on the last one ? my internets far too slow to keep up with it.

Was the last one officially smaller ?

The whole thing's been downgraded to a 6.8

Reports from Mae Sai are of violent shaking

Well I've just been out to gbet the Car out the Garage and park it in a clear area, but the rest of the Village seem to be asleep. :) ....... I bet your the only guy worrying in 'Sob Kham' Too :)

Thanks m8 :)

I reckon they're all asleep now too