A Question About Mbk

cooL_guY_corY

OK .. i am coming back tO the Kingdom in October and i dont want to hang out in BKK at all, not even 1 night, So when i arrive at the airport i just want to make a run in and get a modded Playstation 2 ( iam going to phuket after and the ps2's are way more bahtZ there) And i heard MBK is the place to go for those so :

1. How do i get to mbk (never been there before) Just tell taxi driver mbk ? or Siam square? or should i speak some thai ?

2. Is there a specific store that is good for buying a ps2? Its imperative that its chipped so i can play all those games off the street/ watch movies.. also any idea on cost ? last i heard was 7000 bahts i think?

3. I am gonna have my big back pack, carry on and a couple hockey sticks (street hockey time in phuket ! ) And i dont feel like running around bkk with all this shit any advice what to do with this? i doubt i can check them for my flight to phuket because doemestic flights dont board that early, or is there a safe place to store it at the airport? maybe just bring mr taxi man shopping with us and leave everything in the taxi? any advice would be great.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me !

corY

You have never been to MBK? Wow, I thought everyone had gone there. Well, the easiest way to get there would be to hop in a taxi and tell him to take you to Mah Boon Krong. Once you get inside though, see all the people and how big it is, you won't know where to go! The PS2's are sold on the floor with all the electronics I think. It should be the same floor that all the cell phones are being sold and if you keep going up the escalators, you cant miss it. Good luck.

I'm pretty sure there must be a left luggage at the airport. Best to leave it all there.

Think the electronics are on the 5th floor, alternatively you could go to Pantip plaza which is the epitome of all things electronic

OK .. i am coming back tO the Kingdom in October and i dont want to hang out in BKK at  all, not even 1 night, So when i arrive at the airport i just want to make a run in and get a modded Playstation 2 ( iam going to phuket after and the ps2's are way more bahtZ there)  And i heard MBK is the place to go for those so :

1. How do i get to mbk (never been there before)  Just tell taxi driver mbk ? or Siam square? or should i speak some thai  ?  

2. Is there a specific store that is good for buying a ps2?  Its imperative that its chipped so i can play all those games off the street/ watch movies..  also any idea on cost ?  last i heard was 7000 bahts i think?

3.  I am gonna have my big back pack, carry on and a couple hockey sticks (street hockey time in phuket ! )  And i dont feel like running around bkk with all this shit any advice what to do with this? i doubt i can check them for my flight to phuket because doemestic flights dont board that early, or is there a safe place to store it at the airport? maybe just bring mr taxi man shopping with us and leave everything in the taxi?  any advice would be great.

corY

1. How do i get to mbk (never been there before) Just tell taxi driver mbk ? or Siam square? or should i speak some thai ?

well if you can, it will be great atleast the cab wont charge u much as a tourist ... anyhow this it the trick

just go to the 2 froor (departure) for catch a taxi , u wont be charge 50 BHT and waste your time with que .. and tell the driver " phom ja pai Ma Boon Krong" so u have to paid for toll way fee .. and keep your eyes on the meter

2. Is there a specific store that is good for buying a ps2? Its imperative that its chipped so i can play all those games off the street/ watch movies.. also any idea on cost ? last i heard was 7000 bahts i think?

well i dont know much for ps2 ... so ol for it..but u'd better go to MBK and observe around , ask them about the price... just jai yen

3. I am gonna have my big back pack, carry on and a couple hockey sticks (street hockey time in phuket ! ) And i dont feel like running around bkk with all this shit any advice what to do with this? i doubt i can check them for my flight to phuket because doemestic flights dont board that early, or is there a safe place to store it at the airport? maybe just bring mr taxi man shopping with us and leave everything in the taxi? any advice would be great.

obviously u have to take a flight to Phuket again ..so in the airport it has service locker , and paid per hour ..so its good idea for u to pick your stuff there

enjoy

Bambi

Edited by BambinA

Me thinks once he encounters all the stunning Uni girls in uniform walking round perhaps he will forget what he went for in the first place and end up staying many nights :D

The MBK Haze I call it..........never fails to entertain me.. :o

Edited by dekka007

OK .. i am coming back tO the Kingdom in October and i dont want to hang out in BKK at all, not even 1 night, So when i arrive at the airport i just want to make a run in and get a modded Playstation 2 ( iam going to phuket after and the ps2's are way more bahtZ there) And i heard MBK is the place to go for those so :

corY

I will attempt to help you on you luggage, this MIGHT not work!

1) Go to the transfer desk 1, have your luggage transfered from the incoming flight to the outgoing flight. (You will need to check your luggage, not carry on!) You had better explain your intentions at this point since they would normally issue you a boarding pass that has Transfer stamped all over it. They might just advise you to just leave the luggage, and handle the transfer when you check in at the Domestic Terminal (See #4). In Dubai, I have had baggage sitting for 2-3 days before actually being transfered with no problem.

2) Go to immigration and officially arrive in-country.

3) Go to MBK or Panthip Plaza.

4) Return to airport, go to the domestic terminal and fly down to Phuket, handle your baggage transfer at this time.

5) Pick up your luggage. (Important step if you have been drinking copious quantities of alcohal while in Bangkok.

Have a nice flight.......

:o

Me thinks once he encounters all the stunning Uni girls in uniform walking round perhaps he will forget what he went for in the first place and end up staying many nights :D

The MBK Haze I call it..........never fails to entertain me..  :o

good shout!!..... lol

my thai g/f finished uni few months back, dont know what it is but they look stunning in them uniforms! marriage could be on the cards soon.........

think i might need a collection to pay the dowry though! :D

it looks like its all worked out pretty nice, comin in 19th at 8:30 so i am gonna grab a hotel ( tk palace, thx Bambina) near the aiport and ill just hit MBK during the day time and then fly out..looks like i am gonna grab some tix on NOK air online, 2900 baht for 2 people to phuket, seems pretty good

Electronics (especially mobile mobile mobile) is floor 4.

floor 5 is furniture.

floor 6 is the huge food court.

floor 7 is the cinemas, bowling and various restaturants.

MBK opens 10am. There is a hotel just adjacent to MBK, princess something.

Sounds like you have no interest in BKK at all. I wouldn't even bother with all the hassle of storing your crap and hotel. It aint worth it for the money you save. Your beloved Phuket awaits you and time is money. Buy the POS2 down there and live happily ever after.