Apartment In Sukumvit Rd Or Next To Bts

Hi!

I am quite new in here in Bangkok and I am looking for a room or apartment for 5 months in sukumvit rd or next to a BTS station (preferably around/between on nut and/or thong lo)

shouldn't be as expensive, max. 6000 Baht/month and should have air con and TV.

Does anybody knows some good and nice places of which you have heard or which you can recommend?

would appreciate any help, thanks a lot in advance!!!

Sarah

Hi!

I am quite new in here in Bangkok and I am looking for a room or apartment for 5 months in sukumvit rd or next to a BTS station (preferably around/between on nut and/or thong lo)

shouldn't be as expensive, max. 6000 Baht/month and should have air con and  TV. 

Does anybody knows some good and nice places of which you have heard or which you can recommend?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

AA House seems quite popular although I’m not qualified to give a personal recommendation. http://www.mrroomfinder.com/detail.php?id=461

I believe there's also a place in Sukhumvit Soi 40 (BTS Ekamai) at around 5,000 THB/Mo. but I have no details on that one I'm afraid.

There's also a couple of places right next to Thonglor BTS (even numbers) One is a spit from Soi 38, and another is a brand new construction (should be open now) that you can almost touch from the platform. Both of these places look as though they have small studios available.

Maybe some other members can pass on a few recommendations.

Good luck.

Aitch

Hi!

shouldn't be as expensive, max. 6000 Baht/month and should have air con and  TV. 

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

AA House seems quite popular although I’m not qualified to give a personal recommendation. http://www.mrroomfinder.com/detail.php?id=461

I believe there's also a place in Sukhumvit Soi 40 (BTS Ekamai) at around 5,000 THB/Mo. but I have no details on that one I'm afraid.

There's also a couple of places right next to Thonglor BTS (even numbers) One is a spit from Soi 38, and another is a brand new construction (should be open now) that you can almost touch from the platform. Both of these places look as though they have small studios available.

Maybe some other members can pass on a few recommendations.

Good luck.

Aitch

Hey, thanks a lot for your help Aitch!

Will go to AA House tomorrow and have a look, sounds good, as well as C-One Mansion and River Place which I found in Mr. Roomfinder, thanks for you recommandations!

Will go to AA House tomorrow and have a look, sounds good, as well as C-One Mansion and River Place which I found in Mr. Roomfinder, thanks for you recommandations!

River Place Just letting you know (& Aitch too...):

Went to look at this last week with tgf, as 4500 near Phrom Pong with swimming pool seemed too good to be true. And alas, it was - they said that the price quoted on mrroomfinder.com, which I showed to them as I had my laptop, was wrong. Their rooms start at 7000baht. :D:o

The lesson being: it's always best to ring in advance of any visits.

Good luck!

Edited by Serendipitist

Went to look at this last week with tgf, as 4500 near Phrom Pong with swimming pool seemed too good to be true. And alas, it was - they said that the price quoted on mrroomfinder.com, which I showed to them as I had my laptop, was wrong. Their rooms start at 7000baht. :D:o

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback Serendipitist.

Rentals are generally slow to increase around Greater Bkk and it's certainly unusual for them to go up by such large percentages as the one mentioned unless there have been some serious renovations carried out to the building.

Every single place in Roomfinder's database was contacted prior to launching the site and current prices and facilities were verified as correct as of April/May 2005

Anyway, I'll contact them when I return to Bkk at the end of this week and get the exact price and any other changes updated on the site.

As for your other point, it's always wise to call before visiting any place, as it apart from the price check, you could have a wasted visit if they have no vacancies available at that time.

Thanks once again for highlighting the discrepancy.

Aitch

simple supply and demand.

not trying to be negative. but I've seen it time and time again. when a great apartment gets a lot of attention, the prices jump up drastically. in fact, usually what happens is that the prices jump up so much, it forces a lot of long term local thais out on the streets.

at one time, the grand president hotel went for 19k baht a month for their topaz room. I know because I stayed there before. ...then, I naively mentioned to people on the internet that it was a great place.

as a result, the place received so much attention their vacancy rate disappeared to the point where you can't a room by walking up to their hotel counter.

people tell me that it now costs about 1800 baht a day to rent a topaz room there now.

Good luck!

Rentals are generally slow to increase around Greater Bkk and it's certainly unusual for them to go up by such large percentages as the one mentioned unless there have been some serious renovations carried out to the building.

Every single place in Roomfinder's database was contacted prior to launching the site and current prices and facilities were verified as correct as of April/May 2005

Anyway, I'll contact them when I return to Bkk at the end of this week and get the exact price and any other changes updated on the site.

As for your other point, it's always wise to call before visiting any place, as it apart from the price check, you could have a wasted visit if they have no vacancies available at that time.

Aitch

& thank you! Aitch - your site is an excellent resource :D

Good luck!

Aitch

& thank you! Aitch - your site is an excellent resource :D

Okay Folks I've just called the River Place apartment mentioned above and there were actually a number of discrepancies on the site regarding this particular place.

Maybe a guard or domestic answered the initial call and just said something rather than nothing to questions they didn't know the answers to. Either that or we completely cocked up this end somehow.

Anyway, their page has been updated on the site including the correct rental charge (Thanks again Serendipitist) and other changes saw the mention of a Japanese style restaurant, plus amendments to the fixed water charges.

http://www.mrroomfinder.com/detail.php?id=81

Apologies for the errors within the initial form.

Best regards

Aitch

simple supply and demand.

not trying to be negative.  but I've seen it time and time again.  when a great apartment gets a lot of attention, the prices jump up drastically.  in fact, usually what happens is that the prices jump up so much, it forces a lot of long term local thais out on the streets.

at one time, the grand president hotel went for 19k baht a month for their topaz room.  I know because I stayed there before.  ...then, I naively mentioned to people on the internet that it was a great place.

as a result, the place received so much attention their vacancy rate disappeared to the point where you can't a room by walking up to their hotel counter.

people tell me that it now costs about 1800 baht a day to rent a topaz room there now.

Amen to that there haha, I could not have said it any better myself. I have seen the ruinization of so many great deals in the same manner. No chance of me publicizing my current rental situation. ######, I loved that Topaz room at the prez too