British serial rapist 'Night Stalker' sentenced to life

News_Editor

British serial rapist 'Night Stalker' sentenced to life

2011-03-26 07:46:43 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- British serial rapist Delroy Grant, who has been dubbed as the 'Night Stalker,' on Friday was sentenced to life in prison, prosecutors said.

Grant, 53, and former minicab driver, attacked at least 203 elderly people in his 17-year run as a sex attacker. However, authorities believe the number of offenses could range from 400 to 500, the Guardian reported.

Grant would target elderly people living alone, as none of the victims were younger than 68 years old, and the eldest being 93. On occasions, he would stalk his victims for hours before cutting their residences' phone lines and electricity, forcefully enter, shine a torch in their faces, and carry out violent assaults.

In 1999, police linked a license plate number related to a burglary to a Delroy Grant who was living in east London, but after confusion by police investigators, he was ruled out as a suspect. Later in the year, he carried out at least three rapes. Since then, he would assault at least 143 more victims until 2009.

Grant, convicted of 29 burglary-related charges, rapes, and indecent assaults, received four life sentences for three rapes and one attempted rape of elderly women. He was also given concurrent eight-year sentences for seven indecent assaults, and concurrent six-year sentences for 18 burglaries and attempted burglaries.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-26

I have never seen this term " indecent assaults". One would be lead believe there is a "decent assaults"

I also realized that apparently the UK does not have the death penalty. I did not realize that. I mean realise.

Edited by MichaelMulligan