Airport Transfers

aussie dollar

If you prefer the taxi (maybe after a long flight?), go to the taxi desk as you leave the arrivals hall. Tell them the name of the hotel and they'll quote the price (probably as Lamphun says), write you a docket; you just go outside with that and you'll get taken to the next taxi; pay the driver what's on the docket when you arrive at the hotel - plus maybe 10% tip if you feel like it.

Reference the new meter taxi's, I have never taken them from the airport here, [Chiang Mai] but in other cities there is usually permitted a surcharge added to the meter, which I believes covers the taxi waiting in quene time..... but now it seems that the ingenious drivers are adding a surcharge on the way to the airport....

Does anyone know about this....

Also I have now come across 6 - 7 people who having been enamoured with the meter taxi's, now are not so pleased with them... slow pick ups; not knowing where places and address are; trying the old "take em to the place I get commission routine"

Any comment on the Metre Taxi's ?

I only took meter taxis FROM the airport.. They're fine. A bit expensive perhaps compared to Bangkok, but of course BKK meter taxi prices are bordering the redioculous in how cheap they are.

Then I never use them in town.. I don't see the point really.. calling, waiting for pickup.. In that time just any red-bus songthaew will have got me to the destination and back. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao