Central Opening 30Th March

dindong

Some pics of todays opening. There still was a lot of cleaning and tidying going on just before the door opening at the auspicious time of 10.49am. (How did they work that one out, a monk told them of course)

You will see that Lman found treasure there in TOPS. ---

KIPPERS _ A BIT PRICY THOUGH.

Yum Kippers :)

Tops Market was a pleasant surprise. :D

Almost like a real falong market worldwide.

Hope they can and do keep the consistancy.

Nice to see compared to the local mom and pop style of groceries offered by other local Tops , Big C or so may other disapointing markets :)

Surely a cultural shock for CR, will take a little time for locals to adjust.

But in the end will be well worth it for Tops and others to stay the course :jap:

For sure need to have current top rated Falong Movies with Thai Subtitiles, otherwise the Cineplex will fail !

Actually less expensive for mos items then found elsewhere or even in the wetern world.

If you need the item, it is there :D

Edited by TacoBoy

Some pics of todays opening. There still was a lot of cleaning and tidying going on just before the door opening at the auspicious time of 10.49am. (How did they work that one out, a monk told them of course)

You will see that Lman found treasure there in TOPS. ---

KIPPERS _ A BIT PRICY THOUGH.

Yum Kippers :)

Isn't that a Jewish holiday?

Tops Market was a pleasant surprise. :D

Almost like a real falong market worldwide.

Hope they can and do keep the consistancy.

Nice to see compared to the local mom and pop style of groceries offered by other local Tops , Big C or so may other disapointing markets :)

Surely a cultural shock for CR, will take a little time for locals to adjust.

But in the end will be well worth it for Tops and others to stay the course :jap:

For sure need to have current top rated Falong Movies with Thai Subtitiles, otherwise the Cineplex will fail !

Actually less expensive for mos items then found elsewhere or even in the wetern world.

If you need the item, it is there :D

Competion is where it is at. Let's hope new business there brings in a larger market for ex-pats living in the area. Japan learned that many years ago as they could not buy American goods because they wanted the locals to buy Japanese stuff to filter in there own economy/government official's making the decisions. Hell, Japan even has Walmart there now. Hope I live long enough to see a Walmart in Thailand, but doubt it.

Central in C.Mai used to have some somewhat decent farang movies. Now they don't. Methinks it's because Thai managers didn't want to pay the prices for rights to recent movies. So, C.Mai winds up getting 3rd rate farang movies and some Thai stuff. The exception is, a few times a year, a blockbuster comes along, and the movie theater is obliged to get it - but even that exception is getting rarer.

Another factor is the the Thai palate. There are many types of movies that farang might like, but Thais don't appreciate. And, because there are not enough farang to make it worthwhile, the movie house obviously has to cater to the what the locals enjoy (mostly horror, gore, and fantasy themes).

Well a big thumbs down from me.

First visit, looking forward to a Mcdonalds Breakfast. Wasn't on the menu but the Mcdonald's radio was advetising sausage Mcmuffins with egg, whilst I tucked into my first big mac in ages.

Whats with the 10am opening time, most thais are up at 5am !?

Kids browsed a few shops for items of clothing, all 2000 baht plus when they usually get by with 100-200 baht.

Don't think Big C is threatened with closure just yet :D

Did have a laugh when a farang Guy tried to order a quarter pounder which clearly wasn't on the menu. Poor Girl was confused, but he ordered instead a 'Double Cheeseburger without Cheese' just to make things easier for her :(

Opening and closing times are hillarious. McDonalds closes at 21:00 :rolleyes: Forgot what time they open, but later opening and closing than anywhere else in Thailand. Even a few of the movies start at or about 22:00. So go figure.

Heard the McDonalds there will have a breakfast on the menu next week.

Funny if they start breakfast at their 10:00 am opening and stop at 11:00 am :whistling:

But then again, this is Chiang Rai. what else do we expect !

I thought the new mall was nice but like others have said , expensive.

McD's was also a disappointment, no breakfasts and I was told they never will do it either.

Opening times agreed, madness.

As for the women working in the Mall , YeeeeeeeeeeeeeHa, I will go just to ogle. :D

Satisfied my Big Mac attack tonight. All in all quite good.. IMO a great cup of hot coffee for 26 Bt. Broccoli pie not too bad either considering this is fast food. Bummer on the no breakfast.:o

Good for once or twice a month.B)