Where To Buy A Big Sofa In Bangkok?

Tornado

Habitat in Siam Discovery Centre? Bit pricey but quality, or you could pop over to Ikea in Malaysia

I don't think Habitat makes any quality product. Obviously they don't have any quality-control for their Chinese made products they sell for outrageous prices.

I second Chainat1 and the Skipper for MBK and Home Pro Future Park Rangsit, that is if you don't mind particle board furitures for mass market.

Soi 61 (Soi Ekkamai), about 1km up the soi from Sukhumvit. A shop with a distinctive blue and yellow logo. The parking is on the left hand side, one shop there and another one accross the road.

Sorry, can't remember the name.

Sofas were 12-22K baht (mine was 18K), robust and of a reasonable quality. 2 years on, still standing, enduring abuse from children and somebody sleeps on it every night. L-shaped (detachable parts), comes with a coffee table.

Delivery to an upcountry place 220km away was 600B. Credit cards accepted.

Frang size.

If you want top class quality at a price, MBK has severals furniture shops as someone suggested.

anyone got any info on custom made rattan furniture with cushions (sofas, chairs, coffee tables, etc)?

(tornado, I don't mean to hijack the thread...related subject?)

Have a look at the Bang Sai Cultural Centre, north of Pathum Thani............not sure if can do custom made, but some very nice, extremely solid rattan furniture there...........can't do any harm to ask

:o

Real wood furniture can be found and custom made in an area in Bang Po.

Get out in the area and ask for Soi furniture. All wood shops along the Soi.

Quite a few furniture shows at the convention centers. Last one at Queen Sirikit Center had some very good stuff at factory prices.

Edited by The Skipper

Off to Bangkok tomorrow to buy some furniture.

Where would I find big sofa's (modern, over 6 foot long, big and comfy) , coffee tables, 6 ft lamps, rugs etc.

5th Floor MBK is probably best option. There are at least a dozen furniture stores, all with some rather sexy gear in them. Seems very affordable also.

I agree MBK the best place, big sofas etc, and not bad prices, saw a cracking dark grey leather 3 seater there about 8 foot long reduced to 20,000 baht, bargain i thought, if i was not returning to the uk the day after i would of bought it, maybe it will still be there next month.

I agree MBK the best place, big sofas etc, and not bad prices, saw a cracking dark grey leather 3 seater there about  8 foot long reduced to 20,000 baht, bargain i thought, if i was not returning to the uk the day after i would of bought it, maybe it will still be there next month.

That would indeed be a great price, but only if it really is genuine leather. A lot of fake leather (plastic) is passed off as the real thing. The other thing with sofa's is they sometimes do 50% leather where the seating part is real leather and the back is fake. I would think those would not look so nice in time as they would fade at different rates. Nice sofas tend to be imported from Europe and when I was in the market 100% leather ones ran 60,000 - 120,000 baht. Incidentally, is there a way to verify something is genuine leather or not?

DJ Pat - Habitat in Siam Discovery Centre.

Thanks Pat, I went and bought loads of stuff. including a "Bar Butler" :D

bendix + Thaicoon - 5th Floor MBK is probably best option.

Right on!, I bought a 15 foot long sofa, with a bed area at one end and another piece for 80k delivered to Phuket. :D As I like to call it "the best ######ing sofa Ive ever seen" :D

Ive only been here two days and spent over 200k :o 3 days left to go :D

Tonado,

How many Thai Girls can you get on that.

MBK has some super stuff, if you are interested in nice Grandfather clocks with mother of pearl inlays, they are superb, i bought one in Chinatown for 16,000 Baht, they would be a gran in the UK, they are about 7 foot tall. all done the oriental theme, dragons etc, i think if you could get them down to Phuket you woud make a nice profit on one, as they do wholesale as well.

Edited by Thaicoon

• 1 month later...