Bangkok Bank Branches Jomtien/Pattaya Suitable For Visa Purposes?

Looking to open a Bangkok Bank account.

I want a branch that would support English speaking and be used to doing the letters for immigration (retirement extensions).

In general I think the biggest branches are best for this.

So, to me the obvious suspect is the large BB branch on 2nd road north of Pattaya Klang.

However, I would prefer a suitable branch closer to Jomtien.

There is a branch on Beach Road Pattaya near Pan Pan Pizza. Anyone tried that one and if so suitable for my purposes?

How about Jomtien? The only branch I know is a very new one on Jomtien 2nd Road and that seems to be a tiny branch so doesn't inspire confidence, but it is close to immigration, so the same question about that branch.

Is there are large BB branch in Jomtien I don't know about?

(The reason I care about location is that I may be using TWO banks for visa qualification purposes and will try to get the letters from BOTH banks on the same day.)

Thanks for any info. Put this in visa section but could have been in finance or Pattaya forums as well ...

Edited by Jingthing

You may have a special reason for wanting to use BB (who apparently are not the easiest to open an account with). If so, and if there is a branch of BB in the group of banks in Central Festival (I think there is), then I suspect it may be easier in that branch than in some others, simply due to the huge number of farangs using the building. I suspect that bank branches there may be faster at producing bank letters also, for the same reason.

If you arent especially tied to BB then I would recommend a branch of K-Bank as most farangs find they are the easiest to open an account with. I opened mine very easily in Central Festival (which must have the world's best banking hours) but there is a big branch on Jomtien Beach Rd also, not far from Soi Immigration, and one in the Avenue that is pretty efficient.

You may have a special reason for wanting to use BB (who apparently are not the easiest to open an account with). If so, and if there is a branch of BB in the group of banks in Central Festival (I think there is), then I suspect it may be easier in that branch than in some others, simply due to the huge number of farangs using the building. I suspect that bank branches there may be faster at producing bank letters also, for the same reason.

If you arent especially tied to BB then I would recommend a branch of K-Bank as most farangs find they are the easiest to open an account with. I opened mine very easily in Central Festival (which must have the world's best banking hours) but there is a big branch on Jomtien Beach Rd also, not far from Soi Immigration, and one in the Avenue that is pretty efficient.

I am specifically seeking a BB account because I want to try out their system of transferring money from a US bank account to a Thai bank account without using a SWIFT transfer. A number of posters have reported success with this, so I want to try it for myself. So it's got to be a BB account. I don't know of a Central Mall BB branch. I was just there yesterday and didn't notice one (though they do have SCB and K-bank). A casual look at BB website didn't show me branch addresses. I will check it out, (does anyone know?) but not really a big difference in location, Central Mall vs. 2nd Road up from Tops.

Believe you must be thinking of US domestic ACH transfer as SWIFT can be used for any bank.

Perhaps I phrased that badly. Of course SWIFT can be used for any bank including BB. I use SWIFT for another Thai bank account. But BB has a scheme for transferring from the US or UK without using SWIFT; yes ACH transfer that goes through BB in US or UK. To my knowledge no other Thai bank supports that kind of transfer that avoids SWIFT.

Edited by Jingthing