Using Tefl Certs In Other Countries

sanook2me

I have 3 TEFL certificates all from the same company but at different levels. TEFL, TEYL and TESP all are accredited by Chicester College UK and the company I went through in the LoS is @ www.TEFL1.com.

These certificates have just got me through and onto a degree course in the UK. I have seen many times on here and other web sites and have heard many people ask the worth of these certificates outside of Asia.

Well they worked for me :o

Have they worked for you outside of Asia?

I have 3 TEFL certificates all from the same company but at different levels. TEFL, TEYL and TESP all are accredited by Chicester College UK and the company I went through in the LoS is @ www.TEFL1.com.

These certificates have just got me through and onto a degree course in the UK. I have seen many times on here and other web sites and have heard many people ask the worth of these certificates outside of Asia. 

Well they worked for me :o

Have they worked for you outside of Asia?

As long as they have an accredited underwriter it shouldn't matter the route to get them was taken. I have a TEFL/TESOL certificate that is RSA certified and recognized world wide. However have only used it in Thailand at CMU for a brief period before getting work in my chosen profession. The other people in my TEFL/TESOL course all got positions world wide with no problems.

That was RSA certified :o Now UCLES.

Most countries think of a TEFL as a post graduate qualification. So the majority of them wil hire you on the strength of your degree.

I've not heard of people having problems abroad with pretty much most TEFL certs as long as they comply to the thought of international standard (100 plus hours class time, 6 plus hours of OTP). And obviously as long as you can teach.

I usually think of it like your degree and possibly TEFL will get you the interview....then it's down to you.

So Sanook IME and IMO you'll be fine, fine, fine!

NO credits against the degree :o .

Because I had taken these courses recently I didn't have to take an access course before starting my new degree even though Teaching English has no relevance within my new course in computing.

TEFL certs can be useful in various ways not just teaching English or obtaining a teaching job.

I thought it would be interesting to see how people have used there TEFL qualifications in various ways away from teaching.......

or how people have used there TEFL certs... ie. an emergency roach :D