Garden Sheds...

Thai Chi

Has anyone seen Aluminium / Steel Garden Sheds for sale anywhere in the Buriram, Surin Korat area. If you have ever been to Australia, you will know the ones I mean. Normally used for keeping the lawn mower, tools and workbench in. Most will have a good hiding place for a couple of bottles of grog you don't want the missus to see :o Size normally about 3 mtrs X 4 mtrs. Cheers

Has anyone seen Aluminium / Steel Garden Sheds for sale anywhere in the Buriram, Surin Korat area. If you have ever been to Australia, you will know the ones I mean. Normally used for keeping the lawn mower, tools and workbench in. Most will have a good hiding place for a couple of bottles of grog you don't want the missus to see  :o Size normally about 3 mtrs X 4 mtrs. Cheers

The Word is Colorbond Thailand,They will make sheds and Avairies to your specs!! even extra wide doors to allow space for aussie heads :D nignoy

Has anyone seen Aluminium / Steel Garden Sheds for sale anywhere in the Buriram, Surin Korat area. If you have ever been to Australia, you will know the ones I mean. Normally used for keeping the lawn mower, tools and workbench in. Most will have a good hiding place for a couple of bottles of grog you don't want the missus to see  :o Size normally about 3 mtrs X 4 mtrs. Cheers

The Word is Colorbond Thailand,They will make sheds and Avairies to your specs!! even extra wide doors to allow space for aussie heads :D nignoy

You might want to try this site for Thai distributors

www.smarthomes-thailand.com/Paradise_Homes.html

How very unfriendly of you. Wanting to keep all these things to yourself and not share them with all your friends and neighbours. :D

You may want to put it on stilts as the local cobras love a dark shed. :o

It would have to be some really high stilts to keep cobras out as they can rise up pretty high and can climb also. The best is to have a shed that has very small access holes in it to keep the nasties out.

Why not build a shed out of concrete blocks and render it, i have a large shed, got all the garden stuff in, it is built of blocks and rendered to match the house, i should think a lot cheaper. and also cooler than tin.

I agree with Thaicoon on this and should last longer and take more abuse than any kind of tin or plastic shed that you could buy. Cost might be higher depending on what size you want though.

Well that was a wealth of information guys :D I went out to look at the house site again today and have decided to take Thaicoons' advice. For three reasons mainly. First it will be keeping in with the general buildings already in place (not a colorbond shed in the whole estate) secondly, the old man (pappa) today tells me he can knock one up for about 20000 bht as long as I help him (and 15000 if I dont) :D And thirdly, I beleive my hidden leos will have a longer shelf life due to the cooler internal temps :o

If you are going ahead and building a concrete one, take my advise and do not have any air bricks in it, as you will get problems with bee's and also other insects and maybe the odd snake, i have air bricks on the 2nd course down and have had these problems, i have now covered them up inside with mossie netting. you could put a window in with the little panels that open. or if you want to keep your leo's really cool, air con :o