Where Has Power/Electric, And Where Does Not?

So, as Im sat here with over 32 hours without electricity, I'm bored bored bored.

When I wake up tomorrow and I want a beer, or some food, or just some civilisation, to save me trekking around on my bike, how about we all share where we are, and if we have power?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for this post this post explains why my sister cannot open her phone. she obviously cannot charge it in banrak.

just out of interest i yr electric is down then how did u make this post ?

Thanks for this post this post explains why my sister cannot open her phone. she obviously cannot charge it in banrak.

Using faithful and reliable old CAT CDMA and my friend has a generator to charge up the laptop B)

I have just been told that there are 3 power poles down on Soi Thongsai here at Plai Laem (7/11)

Using faithful and reliable old CAT CDMA and my friend has a generator to charge up the laptop B)

I have just been told that there are 3 power poles down on Soi Thongsai here at Plai Laem (7/11)

Given how quiet it is on here I'd assume most of the island is without power. Spoke to carmine yesterday and he said was having trouble filling up his bike.

No electric phone internet or transport.....a grim picture. Hope the weather starts to improve for you all soon.

Today i have been in Big-C and most of the common things are taken already, the shelfs are empty and they had power cut too..

Yesterday tried to get some gasoline for the car and the new chaweng gas station was off due electric outages.

Most 7/11s are going to be empty soon because the new stuff cannot come inland...

I guess if this going like this for a couple of days it will be more grim, lets hope for the weather to come back, send some navy and bring food, gasoline and beer.

ATMs was down also earlier in big-c, yesterday was funny many ppl tried to charge their mobiles around the food court...

Well Im just off the Ghost Road near Maya Buri, no power here at all. Im able to post as luckily I bought a generator on Sunday, and use CAT CDMA, as Tropicalevo said above. Almost out of gasoline now though, need a refill.

Anyone know if any of the gasoline stations in Chaweng are open at the moment? Either the Caltex on the main road, or the new one on the way to the beach road?

Same situation here near laem din. Internet via cat cdma and backup via ais edge mobile. Running generator for à few hours a day. Running out of gas. Heard that gas at all major stations is finished as the hotels all bought it to run generators. caltex and ptt in chaweng south dont have electricity either.

I have upgraded à little dinghy with wheels under it. So will soon head of through the floods in search for food and gasoline (botled).

Oh no !!! Power went out on my Soi for nearly half an hour at about 10 am in Maenam :( first time! My one & only candle is about the end of it's wick too, <_< so should make a run into town.... next slight let up in rain... when might that be?

Yes this is certainly getting tediously boring... can only watch Telly for so long... at least that is coming in most of the time, except for really heavy down pours....

I bet gas in bottles will take a hike in price, if gas stations sold out... won't be long before bottled stuff runs out too... then....:o

I suspect stores are going to be running very low on "essentials" too, that will take a while to get them restocked when the ferries are able to run again....

One has to feel for those people who work out side on construction etc...or even the shops & restaurant workers unable to get to work, not there would be much open now, if they are flooded ...... no work equals no money, I'm sure those who work on low wages have nothing saved for rainy days... No unemployment insurance here....

Taling Ngam has had power most of the time (knock wood). Saw about 10 of the big concrete power poles down on one side of the road between the power plant in Pang Ka and the Elephant Gate. Repair crews arrived between my going by at 8am and returning at 10:30am. There are power poles on both sides of the road on that section.

Lamai looked totally without power and mobile (AIS) showed network busy when I tried to call someone in Lamai, but my friends received a call while I was there. Tesco Lotus closed and blocked off. Saw several sam laws full of gas bottles, don't know if they were just hoping or if they knew there was a supply to refill them.

Just came back from 'shopping'. Main road around caltex south chaweng still à bit flooded but passable with 4x4. And the good news is that caltex sells gasoline!!!

Sadly not diesel though! Nor does PTT or whatever it's called. Mot! (run out)

Just went out to get gasoline. My friendly bike repair guy told me that the gas stations are not selling retail - just to the small suppliers and hotels.

Fill up when you can - for sure prices will go up!

AND - having to drink warm beer now :o

Edited by Tropicalevo

No power since Monday morning & no road . Catch 22. Have to fix road to re erect electric poles. About 11 down. No electric for 2-3 weeks.

Ouch - good luck Rooo. that make my problems look insignificant (and sorry - we finally got electricity tonight)

Amazing. Eighth day with no power, but the electric company turned up today, got held up by rain, but till 10 minutes ago, managed to re erect all but the 11 power poles. Thank God the lines were not ripped out & only small repair required, should have power back in the morning.

What seemed like a mammoth task, they managed to get stuck into it. Thank you to the crew, hats off.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::partytime2::clap2:

• 1 month later...