Techy Stuff

Nat

Hey

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but seeings this only occurs when I visit this site will just assume it goes here. Quite a few times when I go into the forum, or am already inside and move around, I get a server down message and to contact the "thiavisa web something" - I'm hopeless when it comes to this sort of stuff, along with cars, electrical stuff :oB) etc. Am curious whether the problem's from my end - is it just me :D

Guest IT Manager

3 occasions we have had database down messages that have lasted just a few minutes, once for several hours.

From where you are Nat, I think a fish bit the wire, but it salted up and then worked again.

I had the problem several times last week, next time it happens I will save the details and forward it on to George and IT.

From where you are Nat, I think a fish bit the wire, but it salted up and then worked again.

IT do you think my problem may be getting the wire past Colonel Gaddaffi or perhaps one of the spot checks the IAEA are now allowed to carry out in his backyard? :o

Guest IT Manager

Not sure. I will ask my man in Libya. He knows all and seems prepared to adopt a good attitude for IT sakes.

The fish/wire theory feels good though. Mrentoul I am surprised by your forwardossity re Nat. The Doc has dibs I thought. I lined up but my wife put paid to that idea. No beer. :o

• 2 months later...

I finally remebered to save the error message this time.

It happened yesterday at about 10am.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.thaivisa.com Port 80

Does it mean anything to you guys?

It worked again after a 5 minutes smoke break.

I am presuming this is the same message Nat was originally asking about?

Does it mean anything to you guys?

It worked again after a 5 minutes smoke break.

I am presuming this is the same message Nat was originally asking about?

This happens sometimes when the load at the server is very high (high traffic). We are aware of the problem, and the tech guys are working on it.