3500 Baht Electric Bill.. Wtf Is This Correct?.

toffo9

3500 is not outrageous. Mine runs about 2800 on a hot month when I use the 18,000 BTU a/c about 18 hours a day. My neighbor has a/c in every room of his house and runs at least one unit all day and his bill is around 5000 baht. Also one thing to think about is what temp you have the unit set on. I run mine at 29 during the day with a fan on me and at night when we sleep I turn it down to 27 and still run the fan on me as I like to sleep under a blanket.

Edited by Rdrokit

My electric bill is only 250bhat, I'm charged 7bhat per unit. I'm very pleased with that bill. I only use my laptop and the TV. I haven't felt hot enough to use the fan.

At 7 baht a unit you must live in a rented apartment (one room?) and how long have you lived in Thailand? You have been on the forum a little over a month. Just wait till it gets hot.

My electric bill is only 250bhat, I'm charged 7bhat per unit. I'm very pleased with that bill. I only use my laptop and the TV. I haven't felt hot enough to use the fan.

At 7 baht a unit you must live in a rented apartment (one room?) and how long have you lived in Thailand? You have been on the forum a little over a month. Just wait till it gets hot.

Guest house.

People warned me that march would be boiling hot, but it was fine. If it does get unbearable I'll put the electric fan on, no need for air con.

Guest house.

People warned me that march would be boiling hot, but it was fine. If it does get unbearable I'll put the electric fan on, no need for air con.

Yes it has benn unually cool in Issan this year. April is uaually the hottest month and gets up to 40 in many areas.

Edited by Rdrokit

in our third year, and third long-term location; had aircon in on e place in Phuket for a year but used very rarely, stand-alone one bedroom bungalow, never topped 700 for a month; 11mths in Sa Kaeo, no aircon three bedroom 2 level house never exceeded 500; now Chanthaburi, got our first bill yesterday but only for three weeks and nil to pay as under the usage threshold. This is a brand new 2-level 2bdr house, again no aircon.

In SK we had times of 40+, think I was born for a hot climate.

It really all comes down to how one wishes to live, doesn't it?

correct! interesting in the various topics which deal with electricity consumption are the postings which "condemn" the use of airconditioning with the smart advice "get used to the heat and/or sweat". nobody in his right mind would render advice in "cold" countries "don't use heating, just shiver".

:lol:

I'm afraid I missed those topics :D

Would it be correct in your opinion to try to have a house at the north pole heated to 35C?

Possible of course, but common sense says it's a waste of energy, like having 6 aircons in LOS on 20C and the windows/doors open, right? Some rules are the same in cold countries, like close the windows and doors when the heating is on, keep the house warm.

Everybody to his own of course, but why spill money on energy instead of buying beer or other pleasant things for that money?

I'm happy with max. 1500 B/month for electricity and I'm not sweating, the house is nicely cool and if necessary the one aircon in the bedroom works for some time.

I'm sure you could save at least 25% on your electricity bills, by following some rules and common sense. The list you produce doesn't give reason for such high bills.

I'm not a freak on energy saving and I'm not telling you how to live your life, I just give my thoughts and that is a good thing of a forum :jap:

Everybody to his own of course, but why spill money on energy instead of buying beer or other pleasant things for that money?

why spill money on something ugly like beer instead of spending it to have a pleasant environment in your home? :lol:

Possible of course, but common sense says it's a waste of energy, like having 6 aircons in LOS on 20C and the windows/doors open, right?

a remark as irrelevant as a home at the north pole heated to 35ºC. but then... i admit that brain-amputated persons might exist who act as you describe.

when i'm unbearable hungry i eat some boiled potatoes. no need for a grilled juicy steak. :whistling:

Edited by Naam

I use aircon in my bedroom about 8-10 hours at night. I don't know what the specific el bill is for my house, since we have a restaurant and several other buildings, but it all totals to between 3000 - 5000 baht a month.

My aircon is set to 20 degrees, since I like to breathe cold air from under a blanket when at sleep. :D

• 2 months later...

**UPDATE** Changed the old Aircon for a new one and the bill has went from 3500 to 2100 so looks like it was the old unit that was the problem.. Had the new unit on everynight for one month and it was 2100 so happy now..

man, i would love to have that bill...........

what yours is more than that?

10-12,000 every month

its not a boast, i want to make either.......

Christ I would have a heart attack if that bill came through the door...