Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew that the Thai politicians are stupid but that they are so stupid I never imagined........

I always imagined they were this stupid. Their ignorance and stupidity is on display every day in this backward country. First, to all the Thia numb nuts in Parliament, if you are really concerned about the retirement amount, just raise it for men who marry Thai nationals you idiots! It's a pitence to us anyway! The fact is, it just bugs the heck out of you that your women prefer farang of any age over your little shrink-wrapped package! You want to remain free to treat your women like crap and have them do all the work you are all to lazy or stupid (likely both) to do so you have time to play with little boys and ladyboys in your local brothels, drink your days away and gamble away what little baht you do have from whatever scam you were running . As far as the little fatherless bastards that might be created by an old farang who keels over before it's grown, I suspect the geezer will have provided for the wife and child much better than any Thai man is capable of doing. Also here is a heads up for you brain dead little MP droids, just because you all believe 400,000 or 800,000 is alot of money, to most farang of retirement age it is absolutely nothing, and I seriously doubt any farang ever married a Thai girl of any age with this thought in mind. So I guess it will still be perfectly ok for these impotent little lilliputions to cheat on their wives with these young girls or marry them themselves and abuse them. Thailand is a country on the decline in a big way and this will be another huge step towards its demise. Other than your women, you have little else to offer us and you will learn this lesson the hard way.

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

I have seen some farangs with young wives who could be their grand daughters!.

Laos and Cambodia have enacted these law: why not Thailand.

I agree. I was out walking this morning with a young girl, 39 years younger than me. She'd spent the night in my bed last night and she woke me up for 'attention' several times in th night and I was able to satisfy her desires every time.

I felt no shame in parading her around. A few people even stopped me in the street to tell me how pretty she was.

Who's to tell me how to live my life?

Edited by pedro01

I knew that the Thai politicians are stupid but that they are so stupid I never imagined........

they are not stupid ............... Selfish is what we should say...

clearly the law is for themselves....

doesn't reflect the voices of the majority ...

I always imagined they were this stupid. Their ignorance and stupidity is on display every day in this backward country. First, to all the Thia numb nuts in Parliament, if you are really concerned about the retirement amount, just raise it for men who marry Thai nationals you idiots! It's a pitence to us anyway! The fact is, it just bugs the heck out of you that your women prefer farang of any age over your little shrink-wrapped package! You want to remain free to treat your women like crap and have them do all the work you are all to lazy or stupid (likely both) to do so you have time to play with little boys and ladyboys in your local brothels, drink your days away and gamble away what little baht you do have from whatever scam you were running . As far as the little fatherless bastards that might be created by an old farang who keels over before it's grown, I suspect the geezer will have provided for the wife and child much better than any Thai man is capable of doing. Also here is a heads up for you brain dead little MP droids, just because you all believe 400,000 or 800,000 is alot of money, to most farang of retirement age it is absolutely nothing, and I seriously doubt any farang ever married a Thai girl of any age with this thought in mind. So I guess it will still be perfectly ok for these impotent little lilliputions to cheat on their wives with these young girls or marry them themselves and abuse them. Thailand is a country on the decline in a big way and this will be another huge step towards its demise. Other than your women, you have little else to offer us and you will learn this lesson the hard way.

I'd like to hear more of your thoughts. Bring them on. A valuable contribution to this debate...

So how is this NOT discrimination, when Thai men over 50 are allowed to marry younger Thai women, but Farang men over 50 are not!

The main loosers will be the Thai ladies and The Kingdom of Thailand. The Thai ladies will not get the financial safety and stability a marriage to a farang normally would bring to her and her family, and The Kingdom of Thailand would be missing the loads of money, these older Farangs spend here.

Personally I am over 50 and already married to a 45 year old Thai woman. It makes me feel bad to know, that our marriage seems to be a problem for The Kingdom. If my wife should die before me (not unlikely), I would have to keep THB 800,000 in the bank (no problem), if I would like to stay in Thailand, and try not to fall in love again, as I would have to say: "Sorry Tirak, I love you mak mak - but I am not allowed to marry you"! Luckily I would still be able to move to Pattaya and rent a girlfriend by the hour, or more likely, I would probably choose to move to a more Farang over 50 friendly country!!!

Edited by Xonax

"If these people don't have enough money to retire then they shouldn't be here and become a burden to Thailand,"

Ha! What with all the government provided accommodation, weekly allowances....:lol:

Edited by Scott
remark edited out

So does that mean that a foreigner over 50 cannot marry any Thai national regardless of age?

e.g Foreigner 51 and Thai woman 45 cannot get married?

That would seem ridiculous!

My oh My! what will that do to all the thai prostitues and marriage brokers who constantly look for "old folks" so that they can cash in? Thailand is turning into a racist society more and more. there has always been an underlaying resentment of foreigners with money, especially from thai men but they have controlled it due to the profit margin. now the truth comes out!

:blink:How good does this get,I am 50 now planning on moving to Thialand at the end of April (retirement visa) sorry I can't get marry I am to old.LOL Oh I know a man in central america got marry at 50 to a lady 28 he is now 75 his son is 24, yes I guess not fair to his children,Oh and yes he has two grandkids. If it doesn't come out in the wash,it wll in the rinse.Govt. needs to pass some worthwhile laws just for fun

Those marriages often take away or prevent young girls from entering the sex market. The true motivation of this law is probably that the government is afraid of limited choices or increasing prices. Young Thai girls only for Thai old men!

HOT TOPIC, HUH?? I find it interesting that the article speaks as if this already is the law. (pardon me for not having the right word; any others i use would show contempt for very poor journalism-- not that I expect to find good journalism here!) OR, maybe I am just naive about Thailand? Can we assume a proposal to be a law already?

I agree with those who think this would be an economic blow to Thailand. For sure. Farangs over 50 generally are the ones that have the money and the time to be here, and make an investment in family, from my observations.

I also wonder about the "magic number" of fifty years old. I've heard a proposal that foreign teachers not be over fifty years age.

In my opinion this would certainly be very lame-brained law, and of more negative consequence that positive. I also echo the sentiments of those who ridicule the lawmakers for mimicking Cambodia.

Its good if its an initiative that is collectively done by all Asean Countries and also other Asian Nations. But along with that, as Nations get more protective, Asian Immigration should also start to match those of the West , where its tougher to migrate and even to get simply a tourist visa these days or being treated like a criminal upon arrival in airports in the US.

Asian countries should also accord the same treatments to citizens of these countries.

Another issue that the Thai government should also control is foreign ownership of properties in Thailand especially condominiums. At the moment, condominium prices are beginning to be out of reach of middle class working thais as lots of local greedy developers are only targetting foreigners. Many of these foreigners especially not only Westerners but Singaporean Chinese, Taiwanese, Middle Easterns and Indians buy them as investments and then rent them out without paying taxes. (maybe another source for the local taxation department). A lot of foreign real estate companies are also to be blamed for the increase in rices as their greed is causing problems for local thais. Look at some of the interesting fthai acebook pages and this is what Thais now want as agendas for the politicians to address in their coming election campaigns.

Its not an issue of zenophobia but rather , the local sshould be accorded priviliges first. Unlik the West, where migartaion standards are high, here in Thailand, you get bums from the Britain and US, without even a tertairy education coming here to teach English or start up some illegal web-based operations from their home.

It's no accident the standards for Thais immigrating to the US are high. We have no respect for your terrible education system or your shoddy work ethic and most of you will in fact become a true burden in our country as statistics have shown unless it's a Thai woman with a farang husband who will take care of her in a way you are not capable of doing!..

So does that mean that a foreigner over 50 cannot marry any Thai national regardless of age?

e.g Foreigner 51 and Thai woman 45 cannot get married?

That would seem ridiculous!

Yes it is ridiculous and doesn't this law also go against basic human rights?

Not only that but plain logic.That is hard to come by from THE BOYS in BKK :lol:

"The new law is in line with similar laws in Cambodia and Laos..."

So Thailand has sunk to the level of aping those paragons of human and civil rights Cambodia and Laos. Pretty sad when you think about it when Thailand was once considered an up and coming young democracy on the road to economic and social development ala Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore. As pointed out in a newspaper column recently, it's really a shame to see where Thailand is at the moment...wallowing in fear and xenophobia of their fellow Thais and anything "foreign."

In any case, both the Cambodian law and any similar Thai law would be vulnerable to both the Thai constitution and international treaties protecting people's social and political rights (which includes the right to marry the partner of one's choice).

Edited by FarangBuddha