BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sinbin

90 Day Report Korat.

There was news a while back that 90 day report could now be done at the Korat office. In the last few days it has also been verified on another forum, but the process took about 24-28 days. So yesterday I phoned the Korat office and they say categorically that 90 day report is not available by post. Report in person only. Has anyone else been told this ?

Sorry I should have said 'There was news a while back that 90 day report could now be done by post at the Korat office'.

Last time I asked.....NO POST.....'why you not want to come see me every 90 days'....she said with a wink and a nudge.

I sent my TM47 last Saurday to the Nakhonratchasima Immigration office in a pottery village by registered mail and today six days later the New stamped extension was in my post office box. So 100% they will accept and process TM47 90 day reporting by mail and in my case in a very timely manner.

I sent my TM47 last Saurday to the Nakhonratchasima Immigration office in a pottery village by registered mail and today six days later the New stamped extension was in my post office box. So 100% they will accept and process TM47 90 day reporting by mail and in my case in a very timely manner.

Hi

I was just in Thai Immigration Office at Nakhon Rachasima (at the pottery village) on March 23, 2011, last week, and they said you CANNOT do by post, must be personal appearance but can be personal appearance in ANY Thai Immigration office. They are concerned with cheating, hence the reason for personal appearance, but the reason for my question was to save myself the 150 kilometer drive from Prasat. This means I can go to Chong Chom, 25 kilometers away...much closer!

So kamalabob2, if they are letting you do it by post, keep it going, maybe you just get the odd success story, can you tell me if you also play the lottery and what are your numbers?:lol:

Seriously, if it's working, keep working it, but they absolutely said absolutely no to me when I asked last week.

mario299 :rolleyes:

Here is a recent report of someone made the 90 days report by post and it seems he suceed doing it even though it took him a long time until he got a reply from them (or was it the local mail boy?)

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,1745.60.html

the immigration are also coming to Buriram and Surin on a monthly basis and this plan will continue until the end of this year.

see here: http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,4092.0.html

I hope the information is helpful for you and good luck with your visa. :)

Here is a recent report of someone made the 90 days report by post and it seems he suceed doing it even though it took him a long time until he got a reply from them (or was it the local mail boy?)

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,1745.60.html

the immigration are also coming to Buriram and Surin on a monthly basis and this plan will continue until the end of this year.

see here: http://www.buriramex...pic,4092.0.html

I hope the information is helpful for you and good luck with your visa. :)

Those of us that reside in Surin and Buriram will be welcoming this "new" service as a godsend. Rumours have it, that this extension will be an experimental fixture......I guess we will see how it goes.

For people that live in Surin, and Buriram, I would think a trip to Korat would be a pleasure. Can go shopping in the Mall, which has an excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigners.

Barry

Expensive bloody supermarket that....especially the fruit n veg section.....outragious

For people that live in Surin, and Buriram, I would think a trip to Korat would be a pleasure. Can go shopping in the Mall, which has an excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigners.

Barry

Yet, what if you don't find "foreign" goods desirable?:jap:

Barry

I surmise that Barry has stock or a kickback from the "excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigner".

Barry

I surmise that Barry has stock or a kickback from the "excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigner".

...or he's just easily stimulated.:rolleyes:

Hi

I was just in Thai Immigration Office at Nakhon Rachasima (at the pottery village) on March 23, 2011, last week, and they said you CANNOT do by post, must be personal appearance but can be personal appearance in ANY Thai Immigration office. They are concerned with cheating, hence the reason for personal appearance, but the reason for my question was to save myself the 150 kilometer drive from Prasat. This means I can go to Chong Chom, 25 kilometers away...much closer!

With a view to moving to Surin Province in the near future, I've been researching all things (visa related stuff included) and I was under the impression that you could always do the 90 day report at Chong Chom, it was just extensions you couldn't do there and therefore had to go to Korat. Is this a relatively new development then?

Hi

With a view to moving to Surin Province in the near future, I've been researching all things (visa related stuff included) and I was under the impression that you could always do the 90 day report at Chong Chom, it was just extensions you couldn't do there and therefore had to go to Korat. Is this a relatively new development then?

I believe one can still do both - 90 day or extension - at Chong Chom. Caution, as it changes as some change their underwear. Even better news, there will be a new mobile service {experimental} preparing most visa/immigration needs in Surin and Buriram sometime this month I believe. Not sure of the exact date......a few here on the Isaan forum would be tune with the exact dates though. The location for this "mobile" visa service will be located in front of the main post office. All this nonsense aside, it's just less of a headache to run off to Korat.

Hi

I believe one can still do both - 90 day or extension - at Chong Chom. Caution, as it changes as some change their underwear. Even better news, there will be a new mobile service {experimental} preparing most visa/immigration needs in Surin and Buriram sometime this month I believe. Not sure of the exact date......a few here on the Isaan forum would be tune with the exact dates though. The location for this "mobile" visa service will be located in front of the main post office. All this nonsense aside, it's just less of a headache to run off to Korat.

Chong Chom - 90 day check-in yes but the yearly extension no. For extensions you must go to the pottery village.