German/european Food In Cei?

Dr. Locker

Hi there,

I am looking for german or European food.

For example bread, saussages or cheese.

The things from BigC are not what I am really looking for. :D

And the northern farms variety is mostly too expensive.

Does anybody have a hint for me??? :o

Perhaps there is a shop or spot I dont know yet...

Hi there,

I am looking for german or European food.

For example bread, saussages or cheese.

The things from BigC are not what I am really looking for. :D

And the northern farms variety is mostly too expensive.

Does anybody have a hint for me??? :o

Perhaps there is a shop or spot I dont know yet...

I,m surprised that no one has decided to answer you yet Doctor. I generally eat Thai food myself and western food when my wife( who cooks some excellent western dishes) wants something in return.

Apparently the Tourist Inn guest house at the far end of Wat Jetyod make their own bread. Very tasty too, by all accounts. As for cheese and sausages and the like. Friends who go to Chiang mai are you best chance of obtaining these items if you ask them nicely.

Come on guys. Help the Doctor out if you know where he can get some tasty grub. :D

Dear Doctor Locker,

May I suggest you to go to page two of this forum and check the topic about exotic delicacies as Gouda, Pumpernickel and Rolmops.

Are you the kind of European who still thinks that hamburgers come from the German town Hamburg?

Doesn't matter, as long as there are Americans who think that the town is named after their national dish.

I know a very friendly American here in Chiangrai who apparently is a vegetarian. He makes one exception: The German Bockwurst, which you can buy at the place in Ban Du, so conveniently called 'Hamburger No. 1'.

And yes Chang35Baht, these come (of course :o ) from Chiang Mai!

The bread of the Tourist Inn (next to Yedyod Temple direction hospital) is indeed in the race for being the best in town. Many times you have to order first, they hardly have anything in stock.

For fresh bread and meeting rather fresh fellow expats the Sunday afternoon is the best day to go to Ban Du.

The Chiang Rai 'veterans' are meeting eachother also on Sunday afternoons in Bo's Place. Mainly Australians, Americans and Brits. They have an open attitude towards newcomers. So feel welcome there as well.

Limbo.

@chang35baht & Limbo

thanx for your hints...

of course the biggest variety is to get in chiang mai. but I am a lazy guy, I would like to have a place here in cei...

but anyway, when I am on a trip to cnx, I will also have a look over there.

si I will try the place at bandu at sunday.

perhaps see you tomorrow at noon over there...

Thanks for the question.

In reply to Limbo i can tell you that not only Bo,s place is a good and cheap place, Next to the Red Rose hotel, or opposite if you like, there is a new Brewery opened.

Chiang Rai Micro Brewery.

They not only sell good and fresh German draft beer, at very resonable prices, they also do a lot of german food, i tried the German sausages (4) with mashed potatoes and saurkraut.and i must say, that altough my favour goes to Bo,s place.....it was very very good.

Packed with Thais in the evening, and a nice atmosphere in the garden.