Baiyoke Sky Hotel

STEALTH K3

Booked into this hotel has any one else used it I dont know why I can not wait to get there its only a hotel with a view.

Its a great place if you like food poisoning , lousy service and rude staff,A lot better off at the Indra Regent round the corner, or if you want 5 star treatment24/7 try the Amari Watergate, maybe we are biased,we stayed there in may, we thought we would give it a try, and it was a nightmare!! we lasted 2 days and then moved back to the Indra. :o Nignoy

Dont Do it!

I arrived in Bangkok on Thirstyday and was booked into the Baiyoke - My wife and I went in a taxi from the airport and was so disgusted with the area we jumped in a taxi and ended up in The Royal Princess next to MBK.

the area reminded me of Rwanda.

Dont Do it!

I arrived in Bangkok on Thirstyday and was booked into the Baiyoke - My wife and I went in a taxi from the airport and was so disgusted with the area we jumped in a taxi and ended up in The Royal Princess next to MBK.

There is (was) a slight difference. No dead bodies on the streets :o

Another hotel in the same Pratunam neighborhood to add to the don't do it list: the Baiyoke Suites. Horrible location to get in/out of during the day. Rude/indifferent service. You are forevever waiting for a lift as there are only four lifts to cover forty-three floors, two for the odd-numbered floors and two for the even-numbered floors. The Baiyoke Suites have even had a couple small fires in the past few years.

The only thing positive I can say about the Baiyoke Suites is that the rooms are positively enormous (they are all suites). I was told that the hotel was originally designed to be condos. I don't know whether that is true, but the rooms are large enough that I can easily believe that was their intended purpose.

• 1 month later...
Dont Do it!

The Indra Regent just down the street is a great hotel. Terrific free breakfast too. I like the area for the shopping - Pantip Plaza is right down the street.

We don't all have your money, Gent! :o

Edited by Boon Mee

I have to disagree completely on Baiyoke. Our room was very nice both times we stayed there with incredible views I know you can't get at any other hotel. A review of the skyline reveals that. I thought the location was very convenient to the World Trade Center area (BTS, canal shuttles). Just hop on any bus and you're down there in 5 minutes or walk it in 10-15minutes.