Which Guesthouse

STEALTH K3

Not many www.s in that price range. You could try Lai Thai , maybe a bit above that price they have a website, just google it. Or Top North, I believe they have 2 places around Monnmuang Soi 2. Or Ban Jongcome in Tapae Soi 4 is 450Bt. I don't think the last 2 on the web.

Lai Thai is ok, although a tad out the way, but the 'If you stain the sheets you have to pay 50 baht' sign stuck to the counter doesn't make one feel at home, not saying that you stain your sheets at home of course. Top North Hotel is a good deal but watch out for algae in the pool and the doctor that then conveniently rips you off. Top North Guesthouse is just around the corner and cheaper again...400??

Roon Ruang Hotel, near Thapae Gate, is ok, with nice courtyard and better rooms upstairs, if a little small and dingy. Rooms were still under 400 baht, without air-con, last time I was there, but it's the location you're paying for.

Gaps House, just off Rachadamnoen, is an atmospheric place with some nicely-decked-out wooden rooms, plenty of greenery and figurines everywhere. No tv mind, but I think the 400-odd-baht price includes breakfast. This place is about the same distance from Thapae Gate as Roon Ruang but within the old city.

Not sure if these are wwwing yet but shouldn't be too hard to get a number.

Have a look at this site for a good guesthouse overview in CM.

Not many www.s in that price range. You could try Lai Thai , maybe a bit above that price they have a website, just google it. Or Top North, I believe they have 2 places around Monnmuang Soi 2. Or Ban Jongcome in Tapae Soi 4 is 450Bt. I don't think the last 2 on the web.

You might try to contact Khun Kan (pronounced more like gun) at Northern Trek and Travel. She probably knows many of the places that are not on the internet.

+66 53 903849, + 66 53 207023, +66 1 9515331

info @ northerntrek.com

http://www.northerntrek.com

Tell her all that you want regarding your stay and she will get the best deal for you. Her rates may not be cheaper than the cheapest internet rates, but she can advise you on which place to get the most bang for your buck on the kind of place you want. Even she does not list the really inexpensive places on her site, but she recently told me that for October she could easily get me a nice aircon room near Thapae for 250 if I wanted. Of course, November is more.

Lai Thai is ok, although a tad out the way, but the 'If you stain the sheets you have to pay 50 baht' sign stuck to the counter doesn't make one feel at home, not saying that you stain your sheets at home of course.

Never had any problems at Lai Thai. All the staff are very friendly but that is because I now know them - they are like friends to me.

www.laithai.com is the website - It is not too far from the bars on Loi Kroh and only a 15 minute ride in a tuk tuk from the airport.