Steves Deli Ban Chang

bluesmith

• 2 weeks later...

Bad timing on Steve's part as there will soon be one in the little shop in front of the Camel. No, they are not copying as this was due to be opened many months ago, but because of Quinny's sad demised (RIP) was delayed somewhat. Been looking forward to this for ages, I know the meat and pies etc will be from Western Wholesale Meat on Chaiyapreuk 2, plus they will have all the Branstons, OXOs etc etc.

For years BC has been bereft of any farang goodies, now we will have 2 shops across the road from each other, wayhey!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes we do

We are just getting started at The Camel Shop as was mentioned earlier, we were delayed with the sad demise of Quinny but are now finally open and selling your favourite foodstuffs, so, please pop in and see what we have got and perhaps tell us what is missing

Cheers

Yes we do

We are just getting started at The Camel Shop as was mentioned earlier, we were delayed with the sad demise of Quinny but are now finally open and selling your favourite foodstuffs, so, please pop in and see what we have got and perhaps tell us what is missing

Cheers

OK apologies if you have any of these already, but I have been at work and not had a chance to visit the village shop....if you do have them (IRN BRU would be a miracle) then i will be seeing you soon!

IRN BRU

RIBENA

DANISH BLUE CHEESE

WALKERS SALT AND VINEGAR CRISPS

:rolleyes:

I will be doing a lot of shopping there when I arrive in August for 3 weeks....The place looks great....we need a few more "Farlang" stores in Ban Chang.....Now if I could only find a decent pizza in Ban Chang...:)

Edited by robkey69

I think Steve's is just so, so at this point. Maybe like wine it will get better with age. Around the block at Kitch Best they carry some farang goodies and are willing to order if you ask. Kitch is not very pretty though.

I think Steve's is just so, so at this point. Maybe like wine it will get better with age. Around the block at Kitch Best they carry some farang goodies and are willing to order if you ask. Kitch is not very pretty though.

Is Steve any better looking????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I met Steve last night when I bought blueberry cheesecake for my dessert after eating a good dinner across the street at the Camel. He is a big old boy, nice guy but his wife is a whole lot better looking. I also bought some cream cheese and herb spread for crackers - late night snack. The place is really clean and all the equipment new and holds proper temperatures. The salami's are sliced thin and kept at just above freezing, perfect. His wife and staff speak English and are really nice people.

He seems to have a plan. Pre slicing and holding the meats at close to freezing will maximize shelf life with little waste. I didn't talk to him that long but the sanitation and general business plan suggest to me he has significant experience in the food/retail business, a refreshing change. Prices are reasonable. A nice clean safe place to buy food.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I go here and I am impressed. (Saturday) Everything about salami and wurst I agree 2000%. For this quality it is cheap and not expensive for good quality. I say, go, go ! This is too good a shop to not go on and on.

Good job!

Edited by bornhofen79

Its amazing how things have developed down thier i used to live about 18 ks from Bang Chaing,

when me and my mate used to go theres was only 1 strip of bars but they were very good and cheap :rolleyes:

But thats progress i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Again this week my Banchang friend has delivered me some gifts from Steve Deli. So delicious. This guy he knows how to keep food in a good mode. Now, all pizza shops please learn and buy this sausage! Please!

Good store.

Edited by bornhofen79

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...