Anyone Stayed At The Ambassador?

I stayed there about 18 months ago with the wife, it was ok after I sorted the security guard and porter out. As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht, This is the only time i've done this but i forced him aside and got in the lift with my wife, went to the room and called the reception to speak to the manager. :o

That evening he was very polite. :D

Huge old relic from the late seventies....long queues for checkin checkout and service due to the volume of rooms and guests.

Due for a renovation but the family who own it are fighting and bleeding it dry.

Seen better days,all depends what you want to pay.

I stayed there about 18 months ago with the wife, it was ok after I sorted the security guard and porter out. As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht, This is the only time i've done this but i forced him aside and got in the lift with my wife, went to the room and called the reception to speak to the manager. :o

Another downside to the hotel Jockstar (and also the Grand President just next door) is that downstairs outside the hotel they have a large aviary stocked with quite a number or macaws... you know... those big birds with the loud voices that like to screech to each other in the early hours of the morning... can you imagine the noise echoing off all the concrete buildings for the surrounding square 500 yards or so... :o

Not pleasant if you're trying to recover after a big night out... :D

Good on you. A very similar thing happened to me. The only difference was that the wife was the one who got physical :D

It's a sex tourist hotel. If you are in that, then good.

Competes with the Nana Hotel.

:o:D

You don't remeber what you said?

"As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht"

Roll your eyes again.

The place is a tired shithole. I am disappointed that you, a resident, even condsidered staying there, you shoud have known better.

The place is a tired shithole. I am disappointed that you, a resident, even condsidered staying there, you shoud have known better.

its a perfectly adequate mid range hotel , bang slap in the middle of sukhumvit.

its just what most out of bangkok thai residents would want.

its not the ritz , granted , but its a regular sort of hotel that doesn't try and intimidate its guests with grandeur.

its a decent gaff with no airs or graces. just what a hotel should be.

It's a sex tourist hotel. If you are in that, then good.

Competes with the Nana Hotel.

:D:D

You don't remeber what you said?

"As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht"

Roll your eyes again.

Ooh excuse me :o:D

I don't really like BKK and I also don't really know BKK but we stayed there as a one off as we could'nt get in anywhere else (i'm not paying 3-4000bht a bloody night) there were 8 of us and we booked over the phone.

I also stay at the Park hotel on soi 7, me and the wife, Is that a sex tourist hotel also?

For one night as long as theres a bed and the basics I m not really bothered where I stay.

:D

Edited by davethailand

its a perfectly adequate mid range hotel , bang slap in the middle of sukhumvit.

its not the ritz , granted , but its a regular sort of hotel that doesn't try and intimidate its guests with grandeur.

Mate, have you ever been in a hotel?

Obviously not to your high standard :o

I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything.

After my problem was sorted I enjoyed the Ambassador, For the cost it was good value.

Obviously not to your high standard :o

I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything.

After my problem was sorted I enjoyed the Ambassador, For the cost it was good value.

There we are - a man who has been to good hotels and it was worth nothing.

Then, no wonder you have good words about that shithole. At any price, even for free it's not a hotel I would look at sideways.

Enjoy and look through the bare thread towels and tell that guy who pulled your wife that his place of employment is as good as any other.

I would remember your words "I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything." when I land to the Marriott on the river next week.

Would I miss the Amabassador? Would I ######.

yes i have. mate.

from five star luxury in the worlds capitals to vermin infested shitholes in india and china and nepal where the only hotel in town was a shithole.

thats why when you called the ambassador a shithole i suspected you had no idea what you were talking about and you were just having a rant.

i can certainly recommend you many genuine shitholes , should you ever decide to visit say , kashmir or ladakh and want to see what a real shithole has to offer.

i am most comfortable in a clean room in a mid range hotel in the middle of a town , where i can get a reasonable meal in my room 24 hrs a day and with facilities to wash my clothes and have a swim. i dont mind if the dresser is scratched , or if the wardrobe door squeaks , it means someone else has made themselves at home in the place , and that makes me relax and feel easy.

i find five star luxury intimidating and i dont relax. the service can be a bit too intrusive. bowing and scraping makes me cringe. its all to fussy and false.

but i would take that anytime over a real shithole.

but the ambassador is certainly not a shithole.

Edited by taxexile

Obviously not to your high standard :D

There we are - a man who has been to good hotels and it was worth nothing.

Then, no wonder you have good words about that shithole. At any price, even for free it's not a hotel I would look at sideways.

Enjoy and look through the bare thread towels and tell that guy who pulled your wife that his place of employment is as good as any other.

I would remember your words "I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything." when I land to the Marriott on the river next week.

Would I miss the Amabassador? Would I ######.

Marriott, Mandarin etc etc :o How long do you stay there for?

I stay in a hotel for 1 night every time I go to the embassy or on a night out, I'm not going to waste 4-5k a night to have other guests who think they're more important look down their noses at us, its BS.

I could stay there if I wanted but I don't, its pointless for the time i'm going to spend there.

On holiday..well thats different.

The other thing you seem to be forgetting is that not all people have a wide choice of wear to stay, especially if they don't have the budget or know the city.

Edited by davethailand

:o

Marriott, Mandarin

:D

i think i would prefer my kashmiri shithole to one of those plasticky look alike macdonalds type hotel chains.

no character.

at least the ambassador has got some character that lifts it above the boring blandness of those awful chain hotels. its like receiving an anaesthetic as soon as you enter one of those places.

i was right

you no nothing about hotels.

Edited by taxexile

yes i have. mate.

from five star luxury in the worlds capitals to vermin infested shitholes in india and china and nepal where the only hotel in town was a shithole.

thats why when you called the ambassador a shithole i suspected you had no idea what you were talking about and you were just having a rant.

i can certainly recommend you many genuine shitholes , should you ever decide to visit say , kashmir or ladakh and want to see what a real shithole has to offer.

i am most comfortable in a clean room in a mid range hotel in the middle of a town , where i can get a reasonable meal in my room 24 hrs a day and with facilities to wash my clothes and have a swim. i dont mind if the dresser is scratched , or if the wardrobe door squeaks , it means someone else has made themselves at home in the place , and that makes me relax and feel easy.

i find five star luxury intimidating and i dont relax. the service can be a bit too intrusive. bowing and scraping makes me cringe. its all to fussy and false.

Have I stayed there? Certainly not and never will.

Then, how can I talk about it?

A gf's friend from her village had a shop in that cluster of shops next door that got flooded or burned down 3 years ago, can' remember. There is a construction site now.

She was staying at the Ambassador with another 2 shop owners, 30m from their work. Went there, what a sad place the "hotel" was.

Have they renovated in last 3 years? No? Than it's a dump as it was then.

They have a tower too, don't know what it is like but the core is on the ground, can't be that much different, at least their service and biz practices.

I would say something about 5* hotels but it can't be on the same page where the Ambassador is being talked about.

A sex tourist cheap hotel, that's what it was probably built to do serve for , like the Nana hotel.

Come from Khao Sarn road dormitories, it may look like a palace.

yes i have. mate.

A gf's friend from her village had a shop in that cluster of shops next door that got flooded or burned down 3 years ago, can' remember. There is a construction site now.

She was staying at the Ambassador with another 2 shop owners, 30m from their work. Went there, what a sad place the "hotel" was.

They have a tower too, don't know what it is like but the core is on the ground, can't be that much different, at least their service and biz practices.

I would say something about 5* hotels but it can't be on the same page where the Ambassador is being talked about.

A sex tourist cheap hotel, that's what it was probably built to do serve for , like the Nana hotel.

So its basically your own opinion then although a bit narrow minded.

Just to fill you in on sex tourist hotels, my mates from Iraq come here every 2 months for 3 weeks so as they can shag their <deleted> off, Where do they stay?

Marriott, Plaza Athenee, Landmark etc :o

Does that mean that YOU stay in sex tourist hotels?

Ps I've stayed in the Marriott Resort BKK and the Siam intercontinental before it was flattened and they are all guilty.

Just to fill you in on sex tourist hotels, my mates from Iraq come here every 2 months for 3 weeks so as they can shag their <deleted> off, Where do they stay?

Marriott, Plaza Athenee, Landmark etc :D

Ps I've stayed in the Marriott Resort BKK and the Siam intercontinental before it was flattened and they are all guilty.

Good point Dave.

Think to mut, I think you think too mut already but here's a thought:

With all your ranting about sex tourists, you've perhaps overlooked a key point with distinguishes The Ambassador from The two Marriott hotels and the Landmark. :o

The Ambassador wanted to charge our friend Dave a joiner fee of 500 baht, whereas you could march half a dozen of NEP's finest into the reception of any of the luxury hotels in this thread and the reception won't bat an eyelid. Very friendly to your average sex tourist, ler?

If you are going to play the comparison game, try a different angle because the sex tourist line is flawed. Didn't think too mut there eh?

Comparisons aren't the point anyway. Noone could deny that the Marriott is better than the Ambassador. I'm sure the General Manager of the Ambassador agrees with you. But that doesn't make The Ambassador a s***hole.

Edited by Stacking Zeds

http://www.r24.org/res24.com/bangkok/ambassador/reviews/

Marriott, Plaza Athenee, Landmark etc :D

Good point Dave.

Think to mut, I think you think too mut already but here's a thought:

With all your ranting about sex tourists, you've perhaps overlooked a key point with distinguishes The Ambassador from The two Marriott hotels and the Landmark. :o

The Ambassador wanted to charge our friend Dave a joiner fee of 500 baht, whereas you could march half a dozen of NEP's finest into the reception of any of the luxury hotels in this thread and the reception won't bat an eyelid. Very friendly to your average sex tourist, ler?

If you are going to play the comparison game, try a different angle because the sex tourist line is flawed. Didn't think too mut there eh?

Comparisons aren't the point anyway. Noone could deny that the Marriott is better than the Ambassador. I'm sure the General Manager of the Ambassador agrees with you. But that doesn't make The Ambassador a s***hole.

Never been the same since they got rid of the birds. :o

Some friends stayed there last year for a couple of days and were not impressed.

Eventually we got them moved back into the Manhatten (from earlier trip) which they said was much better.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Booked the folks in there but my mate stayed there last night and said it was <deleted>. The pest control came in today. :D The pool is now closed for 2 months. :D So it looks like its back to finding another hotel. ######ing <deleted>. :o Anymore suggestions around that area. Again . it MUST have pool and 2000 baht max. ######ing well pissed off. My family arrive in 3 days. :D HELP!

have a look ...its just next door.....

The Hotel Manhattan Bangkok

13 Soi 15, Sukhumvit Road,

Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ban...hattan/details/

and a few coms...

Comment on the hotel The reservation service

John Emmett

2005-08-31 until 2005-09-03

The Hotel Manhattan Bangkok, Sukhumvit Road, Soi 15

great value for the price they even let us have the 3 rooms until 2pm on our last day inroom safe and very good buffet breakfast.very close to skytrain which is a must when in bangkok very good to deal with have used on previous occasions and will again

Steinbrecher

2005-07-29 until 2005-07-31

very good location, spacious and clean rooms, nice pool, staff was very friendly, with exception the hostess, who made the account for the mini bar, she was unpolite. nevertheless next time we would return to this hotel. no problems, perfect

Mr.Derek Goh Eng Leong

2005-05-22 until 2005-05-24

The hotel is nice and clean. Just 5-10mins walk to BTS station(Asok). Pool is stuck away behind hotel - only mid day sun. Abt 15 mins to airport using motorway (w/ no traffic jam). Staffs are helpful and a 24hrs cafeteria.

Gym is basic.

Booking was straight forward and they were able to arrange for us transfer from Pattaya to Manhattan Hotel and late check out to suit.....

have a look ...its just next door.....

The Hotel Manhattan Bangkok

13 Soi 15, Sukhumvit Road,

Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ban...hattan/details/

and a few coms...

Comment on the hotel The reservation service

John Emmett

2005-08-31 until 2005-09-03 

great value for the price they even let us have the 3 rooms until 2pm on our last day inroom safe and very good buffet breakfast.very close to skytrain which is a must when in bangkok  very good to deal with have used on previous occasions and will again 

Steinbrecher

2005-07-29 until 2005-07-31 

very good location, spacious and clean rooms, nice pool, staff was very friendly, with exception the hostess, who made the account for the mini bar, she was unpolite. nevertheless next time we would return to this hotel.  no problems, perfect 

Mr.Derek Goh Eng Leong

2005-05-22 until 2005-05-24 

The hotel is nice and clean. Just 5-10mins walk to BTS station(Asok). Pool is stuck away behind hotel - only mid day sun. Abt 15 mins to airport using motorway (w/ no traffic jam). Staffs are helpful and a 24hrs cafeteria.

Gym is basic. 

Booking was straight forward and they were able to arrange for us transfer from Pattaya to Manhattan Hotel and late check out to suit..... 

Cheers will look tomorrow. Anymore guys?

Beats me why anybody pays the high rates of these hotels. Never tried the Ambassador, probably never will judging by the comments.

Try the Federal Hotel further up Soi 11 (27 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 11, 10110 Bangkok) on the left. I always stay there when in Bangkok. A very nice "family run" hotel with small swimming pool and guest friendly. About 900 baht air-con room. and make sure you ask for the best ones. Tel: 2530175-6 2525143, 2534768-9 6510422-6 fax: 662 2535332 email: [email protected]

Just my opinion.............

Over the last 30 years I've stayed at many hotels in Bangkok; everything from the old Thai Song Greet to the Sheraton Grand.

I now stay at the Ambassador. The location is great. The public areas just fine. The buffet breakfast is excellent. There are a number of nice restaurants around. The Sky Train is just a few steps away. Granted, the rooms are a little run down and the amenities slim.

But, for the money it is just fine.

The idea that it is a "sex tourist" hotel is just plain ignorant.