BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Jockstar

Anyone Stayed At The Ambassador?

As above. Anyone stayed there. Any good? Just booked it for my folks. Seems ok. But thought i'd ask for first hand experience. So what were your thoughts?

I've stayed there Jock....its an Ok mid range Hotel, nothing wrong with it but nothing special either....good location though

RC

I stayed there about 18 months ago with the wife, it was ok after I sorted the security guard and porter out. As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht, This is the only time i've done this but i forced him aside and got in the lift with my wife, went to the room and called the reception to speak to the manager. :o

That evening he was very polite. :D

Huge old relic from the late seventies....long queues for checkin checkout and service due to the volume of rooms and guests.

Due for a renovation but the family who own it are fighting and bleeding it dry.

Seen better days,all depends what you want to pay.

I stayed there about 18 months ago with the wife, it was ok after I sorted the security guard and porter out. As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht, This is the only time i've done this but i forced him aside and got in the lift with my wife, went to the room and called the reception to speak to the manager. :o

i predict that you will be accosted by fortune tellers , both turbanned and persistent , in the foyer many times during your stay.

Another downside to the hotel Jockstar (and also the Grand President just next door) is that downstairs outside the hotel they have a large aviary stocked with quite a number or macaws... you know... those big birds with the loud voices that like to screech to each other in the early hours of the morning... can you imagine the noise echoing off all the concrete buildings for the surrounding square 500 yards or so... :o

Not pleasant if you're trying to recover after a big night out... :D

Good on you. A very similar thing happened to me. The only difference was that the wife was the one who got physical :D

It's a sex tourist hotel. If you are in that, then good.

Competes with the Nana Hotel.

:o:D

You don't remeber what you said?

"As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht"

Roll your eyes again.

The place is a tired shithole. I am disappointed that you, a resident, even condsidered staying there, you shoud have known better.

The place is a tired shithole. I am disappointed that you, a resident, even condsidered staying there, you shoud have known better.

its a perfectly adequate mid range hotel , bang slap in the middle of sukhumvit.

its just what most out of bangkok thai residents would want.

its not the ritz , granted , but its a regular sort of hotel that doesn't try and intimidate its guests with grandeur.

its a decent gaff with no airs or graces. just what a hotel should be.

It's a sex tourist hotel. If you are in that, then good.

Competes with the Nana Hotel.

:D:D

You don't remeber what you said?

"As we got into the lift he stopped and grabbed my wife very rudely and demanded money, she and I explained that we were married and he said that he did'nt care and wanted 500bht"

Roll your eyes again.

Ooh excuse me :o:D

I don't really like BKK and I also don't really know BKK but we stayed there as a one off as we could'nt get in anywhere else (i'm not paying 3-4000bht a bloody night) there were 8 of us and we booked over the phone.

I also stay at the Park hotel on soi 7, me and the wife, Is that a sex tourist hotel also?

For one night as long as theres a bed and the basics I m not really bothered where I stay.

:D

Edited by davethailand

its a perfectly adequate mid range hotel , bang slap in the middle of sukhumvit.

its not the ritz , granted , but its a regular sort of hotel that doesn't try and intimidate its guests with grandeur.

Mate, have you ever been in a hotel?

Obviously not to your high standard :o

I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything.

After my problem was sorted I enjoyed the Ambassador, For the cost it was good value.

Obviously not to your high standard :o

I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything.

After my problem was sorted I enjoyed the Ambassador, For the cost it was good value.

There we are - a man who has been to good hotels and it was worth nothing.

Then, no wonder you have good words about that shithole. At any price, even for free it's not a hotel I would look at sideways.

Enjoy and look through the bare thread towels and tell that guy who pulled your wife that his place of employment is as good as any other.

I would remember your words "I've stayed, eaten, drank in and visited some of the finest hotels and although nice it does'nt mean anything." when I land to the Marriott on the river next week.

Would I miss the Amabassador? Would I ######.