Anyone Stayed At The Ambassador?

The Grand President (next door to the Ambassador) is also OK Jockstar.

3 buildings in total, each with a swimming pool.

Tower 3 is best, then Tower 1, the walls are very thin in Tower 2.

I have also stayed at the Federal, as mentioned by mickybigears... it's not quite as up market as the Grand President, but it's clean and friendly. The "Coffee Shop" downstairs provides some very good food at cheap prices.

A load of nonsense here about the Ambassador, not from everyone, I might add. I've stayed there lots of times over the past few years and always had a pleasant stay. Now I drive from Pattaya it's so easy to get to and the truck as always been safe. I admitt check-in can sometimes be a little busy, but so can any hotel. The building may be a little old, but the foyer never fails to impress without overpowering. We always stay in the Tower wing now, rooms a bit bigger than main wing and many have good views. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated, but they have always been clean and more than adequate. Service as always been good, never had any problems. There are birds in aviarys but you don't hear them in the rooms. Great swim/pool. One of the best things about this hotel apart from the price is the location. 5 mins. from Skytrain. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the area. Expressway approx. 1 mile. Price - $39 per night inc.ABF. This is booked through Presision Reservations. I'm in BKK in 2 weeks time for 4 nights so where do you think I'll be staying? - Correct, the Ambassador. :o:D

Another option for you Jockstar is Nanatai Mansion in Sukhumvit Soi 4.

See also this thread.

I've stayed there several times and I'll be staying there again the next time I visit BKK. If you present yourself in person for the booking, you might get the room rate down to 1,000 baht.

:o

Ive stayed in the Taipan on Suk 23 quite a few times, allright, close to BTS and Subway, got a pool; and a fitness place, breakfast aint to bad, in fact meals full stop arnt to bad, about 1800 baht a night if memory serves me correct

edit* Missed the l off Pool...got a poo is not quite the same

Edited by Prudent_rabbit

The Ambassador holds many fond memories for me, It's a sex hotel only that it's a hotel in Sukhumvit. It's tired and old but as has been previously said, it's a great location. Also quite a boon if you like foot massages.

Not sure it's the place for my parents, but they're dead so no worries.

I'd reccomend The Zennith hotel, same side of sukhumvit, a few roads towards Nanna, newer and nicer for 1,000 baht a night.

I've stayed in the Ambassador - OK but wouldn't rush back.

Good points: Central, good car park, cheap mini bar, my wife's family had half a dozen in a room with no problem.

Bad points: My room was close to an aviary with very noisy birds, a bit grubby and tired looking, large and impersonal.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to go on the sawadee website and read the reviews of BKK Hotels? I've used this successfully when booking from abroad, because, as is apparent from the comments on this thread, Hotels change over the years.

I stayed at the Ambassadors for one night 2 years ago and really didn't care for it, but it was only for one night, so no big deal - certainly didn't perceive as a sex hotel, just big and without character.

I used to like the Amari Boulevard on Soi5, stayed there a few times over the years, but on a visit in May - well I thought it had got very shabby.

A few years ago I stayed at the Bel-Aire Princess, also in Soi5 and didn't think much of that!!! But then in August, struggling to find a place for 4 nights, I booked in again and this time I thought it was excellent value. Apparently, the franchise had been brought out and it had been renovated.

So I think its worth checking the Sawadee site and reading the reviews of those who have stayed there for the latest opinions. :o

The clientele at The Ambass now is about 75% indian/middle eastern. They have huge bus tours of them coming in daily. they seem to really enjoy the place. one detractment from the ambass is the now mandated "guest charge" of 650 baht/night; They never had this in the past but you can trust the dude that there is no way around it now. another is the foul stench that passes thru the nasal passages upon entering the facility. A good point is the bird sanctuary. They have a cool bird who says hello to you and speaks thai but he bit off some skin from the tip of my finger when I taunted him once,,,," bad bird, no good, you hurt da dude, youre bad". try the Business Inn on 11. No idea what the rates are but the place is brand spanking new. Give the dude a call when you get in, He's always hovering round the vicinity. Can you dig? if needed I can bring a shovel to you so you can dig the biz inn and all of the great advices that the dude provides for you

They have a cool bird who says hello to you and speaks thai but he bit off some skin from the tip of my finger when I taunted him once,,,,"

I think I know him]]]error/]//toomanyjokes*<seq.error>It was wolfies girlfriend<.err560003*++Youmean the coctaeel?//{Katoey}.ref:Run sequence f:08//software failiure%#<The Big fella> reboot|\>never######[withthe]ladyboy:;Mywifeissofat<>:failure.Run*P///hold these two donkeys while I count themrrrrtT::??url?.>alwaysbetontheblack<FATALerror

P\:_

I think I know him]]]error/]//toomanyjokes*<seq.error>It was wolfies girlfriend<.err560003*++Youmean the coctaeel?//{Katoey}.ref:Run sequence f:08//software failiure%#<The Big fella> reboot|\>never######[withthe]ladyboy:;Mywifeissofat<>:failure.Run*P///hold these two donkeys while I count themrrrrtT::??url?.>alwaysbetontheblack<FATALerror

P\:_

Having problems FTH? :o

Can you dig? if needed I can bring a shovel to you so you can dig the biz inn and all of the great advices that the dude provides for you

The OvenMan wonders when the dude will be needing another tuk-tuk load of shovels from HomePro if the dude keeps handing them out at the current rate...

Stay well clear of the Ambassador. It's a shit hotel that is highly overpriced. The rooms aren't very good at all, and the staff are quite frankly rude!

I stayed there about 1 year ago when a friend from Sweden was visiting. We both registered properly with our girlfriends registering as well (mine Thai, his Swedish). When we came back at night the guard next to the elevator wouldn't let us in before paying a "guest fee" (even for my friend's Swedish girlfriend). We both went What the Fuxx and proceeded to verbally abuse the guard. He simply wouldn't let us in until we called a manager over that assured the guard that we had already registered properly.

I've never experienced anything similar anywhere in the world. I would avoid this hotel like the plague!

Tompa

Avoid it like the plague.....  nothing good about it.  You can do far better...

This is pretty amazing. We have two hotel threads going, this one and the one here:

Your Preferred Bangkok Hotel

Both of which demonstrate an amazing variety in taste and preference.

Some of the posts, such as the one to which I am replying, are inexplicable to me. Why bother to post if you don't offer specifics or alternatives?

Others have been enormously helpful and interesting, offering the kind of information and detail that a traveler needs to make an informed decision.

Thanks to all those who took the time to make a considered reply to both of these threads.

Avoid it like the plague.....  nothing good about it.  You can do far better...

This is pretty amazing. We have two hotel threads going, this one and the one here:

Your Preferred Bangkok Hotel

Both of which demonstrate an amazing variety in taste and preference.

Some of the posts, such as the one to which I am replying, are inexplicable to me. Why bother to post if you don't offer specifics or alternatives?

Others have been enormously helpful and interesting, offering the kind of information and detail that a traveler needs to make an informed decision.

Thanks to all those who took the time to make a considered reply to both of these threads.

Thanks to you buathai for the help. Booked the folks into the Zennith on Soi 3. Nice hotel. Folks impressed and the misssus got a discount through her work