Have You Bought A Pick Up Truck In Chiang Mai?

up-country_sinclair

Oh well, chang35baht has confirmed to me that he was joking, not realizing that it is possible to do just what he said. Quite a few people have started doing this in other parts of the world. I guess I'll have to be the pioneer in Thailand. It is all a matter of setting up the infrastructure to make it cost effective.

I will make a new topic as soon as I find out if it is possible in CM or not.

Seeker

:o

Buying second hand cars can be a nightmare, if you don't know who is the first owner, and whether the car had any accidents. Surely everyone would like to be the first owner, if they can afford.

True, and this should be a concern. I read a story where a Thai owner had a major accident and the car was a wreck. But what a marvel the body shop did, he sold the car for a little less than what he paid for!

In reply to Up Country Sincere: No I,ve never bought a pick up in Chang Mai.

And Sinkorswim is right. I`ve been running my pick up on olive oil for some years now without any additives and I`ve had great fuel efficiency to boot.

A few points:

Second, actually P1P, chang35baht may not be blowing smoke on this. Though the olive oil does make me wonder (it being considerably more expensive than diesel fuel). I am waiting for a reply to a PM to see if this was tongue-in-cheek or not.

check these websites out! there is a lot of good info.

www.tdiclub.com (TDI Turbo Direct Injection Diesel)

http://www.biodieselwarehouse.com/biprkit.html

http://www.rpi.edu/%7Emorriw/mixer.htm