Anglo-thai Society

Rinrada

Not strickly an "Expat Club " as such but may be of interest to anyone in the UK who would wish to develope their interests in Thai-UK understanding.

Please find as follows a welcome statement from our new chairman :o

The Anglo-Thai Society

Christmas and New Year Message

December 2003

From the new Chair: Professor Emeritus Philip Stott

Sawasdee Khrap - As your new Chair, I am delighted that my first act is to send all our members the warmest good wishes for Christmas and the New Year. I believe that 2004 will be an exciting one for the Society, with our usual events, such as the Summer Reception at the House of Lords, but also a range of new events to suit all tastes.

Your Committee will be holding a Special Meeting in the dark English days of February to plan for the year, and, in the near future, I shall be writing to you to seek your ideas for the society's future so that we can consider your suggestions at this meeting.

I am delighted to be able to announce a small rise in the membership of the Society. This reflects enormous credit on the work of my predecessor, Bernard Coe, to whom, on behalf of everyone, I extend most genuine thanks for his dedicated leadership spanning some ten years.

Above all, however, I hope that 2004 will see the most cordial of relations continuing between our two great countries and monarchies, and I extend my particular good wishes to all Thai people currently living, working, and studying in the UK.

Philip Stott, Chairman

http://www.anglothaisociety.org/index.html

• 4 months later...

FYI...

Annual Meeting

The Anglo Thai Society will be holding their Annual meeting on Tuesday 18th May 2004 in the no 2 Committee Room at the House of Lords,London.at 5.30pm.

This will be quite informal and it will give all members an opportunity to meet their Committee.

A summer reception will follow afterwards in the Cholmondeley Room,House of Lords at 6.15.PM.

Tickets must be obtained in advance from the Hon.Secretary

Entrance to this years reception is via Black Rods Garden Entrance. :o