So.. Btv (wetv?) Cable Tv

chanchao

Saw them stringing up cable around my moo baan that didn;t look like electric or phone, so I asked what it was and indeed it's... Cable TV!!! 'BTV' apparently.

I was already getting increasingly fed up with UBC, especially the huge cost and secondly the stupid Red Screen of Death during commercial breaks.. So you bet that at the first opportunity that UBC dish comes off!!

So.. what's BTV like then? Price? Does it have BBC World and perhaps ESPN/Star sports? Don't rally care about anything else though I suppose they offer some movies, series and perhaps Discovery/National Geographic?

Cheers,

Chanchao

Saw them stringing up  cable around my moo baan that didn;t look like electric or phone, so I asked what it was and indeed it's... Cable TV!!! 'BTV' apparently.

I was already getting increasingly fed up with UBC, especially the huge cost and secondly the stupid Red Screen of Death during commercial breaks.. So you bet that at the first opportunity that UBC dish comes off!!

So.. what's BTV like then?  Price?  Does it have BBC World and perhaps ESPN/Star sports?  Don't rally care about anything else though I suppose they offer some movies, series and perhaps Discovery/National Geographic?

Cheers,

Chanchao

It's called "WETV". Price is 350 Baht per month, they have BBC, DW, a movie channel and quite a few other channels. Office opposite SriTanna School at Huay Kaew Road.

We've had it for a couple of years after looking at options, seems the best.

Have looked through UBC on peoples TVs and doesn't look like its worth it. Also don't really have enough time to watch TV to justify paying that much. Looked into satellite and seems to have about every channel I don't watch.

WeTV has a couple of movie channels - not too bad. Discovery something or other another couple, Reality TV a local Chiang Mai channel, german, french, BBC, (CNN I think but can't seem to find it on mine). All in all can't complain for 350Bt/month.

Has lots of repeats but people told me same goes for UBC.