Laundramat?

Dustoff

~

Some things I would just rather do myself ya know? But I am too damned old to squat on a sidewalk over a plastic tub and there is something about clothes dried in a dryer.

A coin-op would be way cool.

Thanks

Don't know if they are still there but you can give them a call.

American Laundromat PH: 222696

117 Huai Kaew Rd., Fax: 222542

T. Suthep,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50200

I don't know where you are based, but I have seen a couple on both Suthep road and Huay Kaew, near the University.

There are also many, many places that offer a washing and ironing service for a reasonable figure. Ask a thai for "Suk Op Reed" and, hopefully, he will point you to one close by.

Another place though not self service (coin mat) but they use front loading washers and electric dryers. Prices are good including ironing. Have monthly fees also. So you would get the dryer service without the hassle. Usually 1-2 day service.

Located near the corner of Suthep Road and the Canal near the University. Called "White Elephant" and a big sign showing an elephant on it. I have used them a few times when the wife was out of town.

~

Thanks folks! Will check out these recommendations.

I know that laundry services are cheap here but you get what you pay for. I am a bit sensitive to laundry soaps and have even paid extra several times to have my stuff both washed alone and double-rinsed only to find that they change nothing except the amount of money they accept from you. Clean is a western concept apparently...

Great responses as usual... :o