Kindergarten

ianpants69

Although it a few years away I am beginning to think about what school I will send my daughter to. I would be grateful if anyone could let me know their recommendations for English speaking kindergartens / international schools in Bangkok. Many thanks.

Edited by ianpants69

Here is a partial list of international schools:

http://www.shambles.net/thailand/

Most schools are now saying they believe in:

Learning by playing

Child centered learning

Montessouri education

These are all trendy buzz-words and it's catering to what many Thai parents want to hear, school is always sanook, right?

Think about what you want to pay. If money is no object and you've got connections ISB (International School of Bangkok), Shrewsbury International School and Harrow are some with the best reputations. Other schools can be much cheaper.

Also, look at who else goes to the school. A school with more foreign students will generally cost more but your child will have a chance to meet all sorts of children. Sometimes it can be difficult for a farang or half-farang child to be the only non-Thai in a school. Not always, but it's something to keep in mind. Ballance that with do you want any sort of Thai instruction, as some schools do teach a few subjects in Thai.

My 2 year old just started at Ploenchit International Kindergarten school

They have a website at www.pemani.com/PIK/

It's located on Soi Ruam Rudi, as are a few other schools

Though he hated it at first he loves going now. The teacher writes a few lines each day with an upate on what he's done.

Although it a few years away I am beginning to think about what school I will send my daughter to. I would be grateful if anyone could let me know their recommendations for English speaking kindergartens / international schools in Bangkok. Many thanks.

What area?

What area?

Well we live in Rama 2, but I am not hopeful on the finding anything in this area front so we'll move if needs be.

Thanks all for your replies, I do not want my daughter to have to study any Thai is that possible?

Though he hated it at first he loves going now. The teacher writes a few lines each day with an upate on what he's done.

Although the website looks good at first I can't get any where with it... what are the fees like and where do you plan to send your child after there? Also what races are the kids, is it a fair mix or something of a white club (which I'd prefer to avoid)

Although the website looks good at first I can't get any where with it... what are the fees like and where do you plan to send your child after there? Also what races are the kids, is it a fair mix or something of a white club (which I'd prefer to avoid)

I paid something like 50k (which was roughly split between initial registration fee and the semester fee)

Seems to be a good mix, with UK, US, Middle eastern and more. My son loves it now.

As we live on wireless it is just perfect for us - bus picks him up and drops him off within 10 mins