Premature Songkran...

Forethat

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers. Check it out this year.

I have been here for 20 years and IMHO this is complete bullsh*t. I have seen far more "normal" looking a-holes purposely bother other people than weirdos.

I have always suspected that most of the the real oddballs either flee the country or hide in their rooms and whinge and moan on Thai Visa.

Did you buy a super soaker to target women's boobs this year? :ph34r:

If people are into it, good for them. I can't stand it and now avoid Thailand when Songkran starts. (Remember that I had to walk to my place via the beach road or Bangla so I am perhaps biased.) I wish I could find a place in Thailand where Songkran was just good happy fun splashing.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to La Tomatina in Spain and its great, but old people usually stay indoors out of the mayhem, if not, they're fair game, old Farangs that venture out during Songkhran are also fair game.

post-118766-0-56063000-1302360034_thumb.

And don't come out with how things should be, look at how things actually ARE !!! If you don't like it, do something about it, but for Christ sake stop F'ing moaning !!!!

Can you imagine a meeting of ThaiVisa members being a fun gathering ? LOL, the way this forum is with all the complaining it would be the last place I would want to be, a load of old miserable men wondering why Thailand doesn't conform to their specifications, keep all the things they like but stop everything else, yeah right, that's why they came to Thailand in the first place, cos it was the same as back home ! Haha. ( Thais would be as Miserable as you if it was like Back Home !!!! )

Euthanasia should never be against the law, cos if getting old makes you so miserable, I don't wanna ever get old.

Can all the moaners imagine moaning about Songkhran when they were young ?

Spooky.

Amen, MrsMills! Whiners (a.k.a. dickheads) not allowed.

Edited by qdinthailand

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers.

I am NOT morbidly obese.

I am very suprised how quiet it is here in Sin City, lots of people really did leave! :shock1:

I made the quickest trip ever from Soi 6 to Walking Street today.

I need to go to immigration tomorrow, I wonder if that will be empty too? ;)

I will be celebrating all week too if I get what I want at immigration tomorrow! :wai:

Bring it on! :partytime2:

In reply to the OP's story I think the drunken louts got their just reward... a broken shin. Too bad all 3 of them didn't bet a broken shin. The guy gave them a warning that they didn't heed. Once you start something then you have to accept the consequences of your OWN actions... up to and including being murdered.

But, once Songkran starts it is up to everyone to watch out. Stay away if you don't like being soaked. It's no different than going into a military war zone and complaining about bullets flying around.

Too bad Sonkran doesn't just last 2 days iike the Loy Krathong festival. That way it would be bearable.

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers. Check it out this year. The people trying to hurt someone or are obnoxious about it, are going to have faces and lives that scream out, I am a failure. Songkran gives them a chance to take out their unhappiness and target those that appear to be better looking, more successful and more likeable.

Don't believe me? Just watch.

I'm not going to be here for Songkran. I'm just too beautiful and successful to stay.laugh.gif

I have already been soaked (Saturday night) after walking past a bar, the attack was completely unprovoked.

None of the girls with the offending water pistols were obese or failures in love (as far as I could tell), I was so upset by their actions that I had to borrow their water pistol and soak their lower regions with icy water.

The other "worst offenders" are always Australians (sweeping generalisation) who I believe should be banned from entering Thailand during Songkran.

But I wouldn't go quite so far as you have in labeling them!

Can you imagine going to Brazil and complaining about Carnival? How stupid would that sound?

Same thing here, Songkran is their big thing, if you don't like it, just add it to your list of things you can't do anything about.

Getting soaked out of season, yeah that could be offensive, depending on the circumstances. It might just be funny too. Like getting hit by a well timed snowball.

Pushing a Thai over the edge at any time, all sorts of random nasty things could happen. I don't recommend this.

the question is how to react when this happens to one self?

I believe it calls for one penalty stroke, so depending on what the par was on that hole you could be looking at bogey, at least.

:rolleyes:mario299

Mario, you completely forgot about the water hazard :D

What was I thinking??? Two strokes, (heck, make it all three), and at least a triple bogey!

mario299 :bah:

I've been to La Tomatina in Spain and its great, but old people usually stay indoors out of the mayhem, if not, they're fair game, old Farangs that venture out during Songkhran are also fair game.

And don't come out with how things should be, look at how things actually ARE !!! If you don't like it, do something about it, but for Christ sake stop F'ing moaning !!!!

Can you imagine a meeting of ThaiVisa members being a fun gathering ? LOL, the way this forum is with all the complaining it would be the last place I would want to be, a load of old miserable men wondering why Thailand doesn't conform to their specifications, keep all the things they like but stop everything else, yeah right, that's why they came to Thailand in the first place, cos it was the same as back home ! Haha. ( Thais would be as Miserable as you if it was like Back Home !!!! )

Euthanasia should never be against the law, cos if getting old makes you so miserable, I don't wanna ever get old.

Spooky.

Amen, MrsMills! Whiners (a.k.a. dickheads) not allowed.

I, too, agree wholeheartedly.

Spooky.

A textbook example of proper whining and moaning if you ask me ...

:passifier:

Yes songkran is fun but why cant someone just make it clear that throwing 7-10 pounds of water at someone riding their bike at speed is going to kill a few people. Twice already I have been nailed on my bike, blinded and knocked about by their little fun and games. Im sure at one time songkran was a truly fun holiday to relax and spend time with the family but all I have seen is drunken stupidity and children with no sense of responsibility. To the go-home brigade go screw yourselves I just hope you dont lose any loved ones to someones stupidity.

I don't have a problem with Songkran. But, I DO have a problem with thugs and bullies. All festivities seems to bring out the gutless creeps who like to hide behind crowds and create mayhem. Maybe they should just close down all business during Songkran. That means no doctors, no nurses, no police, no hotel staff, no stores,.. including malls. Just let everyone have a free for all where you can do anything you want to anyone you want with anything you want.. Then, See how long it would last. Hey, we are just enjoying ourselves here.

Got up at 7 this morning and took the motosai to the nearby 7 to pick up some coffee. A villain who looked to be in the region of 5 years old ran up with a plastic cup and threw the contents in my face (well ...) just when I'd parked. He then ran away laughing hysterically to get some more ammunition and then ambushed me as I came out after making my purchase. Got dunked again (well ...) which caused the same smile on the little buggers face and that point I went back in to 7 and bought him a mid size soaker which I handed over after being soeaked (well ...) for the third time. At first he didn't realise I actually wanted to give him the soaker, he looked more like I was trying to perform some sort of scam or similar, but after a while he realised he had just been given a proper weapon and ran of to fill it up. I should have gone home but drove around for 5 minutes and then went back to pass his stakeout one more time - and the little bugger jumped out from his hideout. This time he actually got me good. HUGE smile on the little guys face and without knowing it he made my day too.

Not everything is bad with Songkran.

Edited by Forethat

Got up at 7 this morning and took the motosai to the nearby 7 to pick up some coffee. A villain who looked to be in the region of 5 years old ran up with a plastic cup and threw the contents in my face (well ...) just when I'd parked. He then ran away laughing hysterically to get some more ammunition and then ambushed me as I came out after making my purchase. Got dunked again (well ...) which caused the same smile on the little buggers face and that point I went back in to 7 and bought him a mid size soaker which I handed over after being soeaked (well ...) for the third time. At first he didn't realise I actually wanted to give him the soaker, he looked more like I was trying to perform some sort of scam or similar, but after a while he realised he had just been given a proper weapon and ran of to fill it up. I should have gone home but drove around for 5 minutes and then went back to pass his stakeout one more time - and the little bugger jumped out from his hideout. This time he actually got me good. HUGE smile on the little guys face and without knowing it he made my day too.

Seems like every Songkran I experience something that fills me with emotion daily. Something beautiful about the holiday to me. And +1 to the good emotions. Thanks for that!

Oh my god! That is the most bestest story EVER! That was EXACTLY the correct response. Thankyou for brightening my day, I feel so much better and giddy. I love justice! Thanks!

<deleted>? giddy?

Your days must be as dull as dishwater.:rolleyes:

To lock oneself away in a room for a week when outside everyone else is having fun is nothing less then the epitome of "oddballness"

Spooky.

A textbook example of proper whining and moaning if you ask me ...

:passifier:

+1

That is so cool, good on ya.

That is so cool, good on ya.

That reminds me of buying some waterguns for the nephews of my wife :D

Took my daughter to pattaya last year. she was only 3 years old at the time. Walked into a bar to get a drink with her and some pissed up old guy poured a whole bucked of ice cold water over her head which obviously shocked her as she was bone dry at the time. She cried lots. The guy just said "everyone has to get wet" Shame i was alone with her otherwise the guy would of got knocked out.

I know it was during songkran but should that be tolerated?

Took my daughter to pattaya last year. she was only 3 years old at the time. Walked into a bar to get a drink with her and some pissed up old guy poured a whole bucked of ice cold water over her head which obviously shocked her as she was bone dry at the time. She cried lots. The guy just said "everyone has to get wet" Shame i was alone with her otherwise the guy would of got knocked out.

<deleted>**, what a tosser ... where's the 3-Iron when you need it...?

That is a good one.. you took her into song krang in pattaya so your at fault. You should have realized this could have happened. Everyone is fair game even children. I would not have done it myself (dunking water on her.. or bringing her there during song kran)

That is a good one.. you took her into song krang in pattaya so your at fault. You should have realized this could have happened. Everyone is fair game even children. I would not have done it myself (dunking water on her.. or bringing her there during song kran)

Whats wrong with kids going to pattaya? Its fun and my kids love it.

Well nevermind. She enjoyed it in the end. Just a shame that old fool was so rude and had no understanding of what he did. Squirt her or splash her, Get her into slowly.

But yeah its my fault for going into a bar which had the usual wasters there.

Great story, Forethat. Thanks. If you are dressed for it and are expecting it then all is well and good.

However. some people actually HAVE to go to work dressed in uniforms or decent clothes. A little common sense should be used in those cases.

Great story, Forethat. Thanks. If you are dressed for it and are expecting it then all is well and good.

However. some people actually HAVE to go to work dressed in uniforms or decent clothes. A little common sense should be used in those cases.

Oh absolutely. And for me it creates a problem cause I cant leave the house with the rest of the family. As someone else pointed out - they don't even spare small children. Common sense would be good in those situations too ...