BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Forethat

Premature Songkran...

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers. Check it out this year.

I have been here for 20 years and IMHO this is complete bullsh*t. I have seen far more "normal" looking a-holes purposely bother other people than weirdos.

I have always suspected that most of the the real oddballs either flee the country or hide in their rooms and whinge and moan on Thai Visa.

Did you buy a super soaker to target women's boobs this year? :ph34r:

If people are into it, good for them. I can't stand it and now avoid Thailand when Songkran starts. (Remember that I had to walk to my place via the beach road or Bangla so I am perhaps biased.) I wish I could find a place in Thailand where Songkran was just good happy fun splashing.

Beer = Check

I'm all set. Happy new year!

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm off to order 5 boxes. 60 bottles...that should do it.

I guess a sand iron would be the best to use, hope he didn't damage the club.

I found the response inappropriate and lacking in control.

He should have hit all three of the <deleted>?

Edited by 12DrinkMore

I've been to La Tomatina in Spain and its great, but old people usually stay indoors out of the mayhem, if not, they're fair game, old Farangs that venture out during Songkhran are also fair game.

post-118766-0-56063000-1302360034_thumb.

And don't come out with how things should be, look at how things actually ARE !!! If you don't like it, do something about it, but for Christ sake stop F'ing moaning !!!!

Can you imagine a meeting of ThaiVisa members being a fun gathering ? LOL, the way this forum is with all the complaining it would be the last place I would want to be, a load of old miserable men wondering why Thailand doesn't conform to their specifications, keep all the things they like but stop everything else, yeah right, that's why they came to Thailand in the first place, cos it was the same as back home ! Haha. ( Thais would be as Miserable as you if it was like Back Home !!!! )

Euthanasia should never be against the law, cos if getting old makes you so miserable, I don't wanna ever get old.

Can all the moaners imagine moaning about Songkhran when they were young ?

Spooky.

Amen, MrsMills! Whiners (a.k.a. dickheads) not allowed.

Edited by qdinthailand

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers.

I am NOT morbidly obese.

I am very suprised how quiet it is here in Sin City, lots of people really did leave! :shock1:

I made the quickest trip ever from Soi 6 to Walking Street today.

I need to go to immigration tomorrow, I wonder if that will be empty too? ;)

I will be celebrating all week too if I get what I want at immigration tomorrow! :wai:

Bring it on! :partytime2:

In reply to the OP's story I think the drunken louts got their just reward... a broken shin. Too bad all 3 of them didn't bet a broken shin. The guy gave them a warning that they didn't heed. Once you start something then you have to accept the consequences of your OWN actions... up to and including being murdered.

But, once Songkran starts it is up to everyone to watch out. Stay away if you don't like being soaked. It's no different than going into a military war zone and complaining about bullets flying around.

Too bad Sonkran doesn't just last 2 days iike the Loy Krathong festival. That way it would be bearable.

I guess a sand iron would be the best to use, hope he didn't damage the club.

We joked about that during the evening and someone speculated if it wasn't a cap-wedge....

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers. Check it out this year. The people trying to hurt someone or are obnoxious about it, are going to have faces and lives that scream out, I am a failure. Songkran gives them a chance to take out their unhappiness and target those that appear to be better looking, more successful and more likeable.

Don't believe me? Just watch.

I'm not going to be here for Songkran. I'm just too beautiful and successful to stay.laugh.gif

I have already been soaked (Saturday night) after walking past a bar, the attack was completely unprovoked.

None of the girls with the offending water pistols were obese or failures in love (as far as I could tell), I was so upset by their actions that I had to borrow their water pistol and soak their lower regions with icy water.

The other "worst offenders" are always Australians (sweeping generalisation) who I believe should be banned from entering Thailand during Songkran.

But I wouldn't go quite so far as you have in labeling them!

Can you imagine going to Brazil and complaining about Carnival? How stupid would that sound?

Same thing here, Songkran is their big thing, if you don't like it, just add it to your list of things you can't do anything about.

Getting soaked out of season, yeah that could be offensive, depending on the circumstances. It might just be funny too. Like getting hit by a well timed snowball.

Pushing a Thai over the edge at any time, all sorts of random nasty things could happen. I don't recommend this.

the question is how to react when this happens to one self?

I believe it calls for one penalty stroke, so depending on what the par was on that hole you could be looking at bogey, at least.

:rolleyes:mario299

Mario, you completely forgot about the water hazard :D

What was I thinking??? Two strokes, (heck, make it all three), and at least a triple bogey!

mario299 :bah:

Did you buy a super soaker to target women's boobs this year? :ph34r:

I did not think of it, but it is not a bad idea. If you can't beat them join them. :thumbsup:

Can you imagine going to Brazil and complaining about Carnival? How stupid would that sound?

And there they shoot with real guns !

I think you would look quite ridiculous with your putter.

Ridiculous then dead.

I've been to La Tomatina in Spain and its great, but old people usually stay indoors out of the mayhem, if not, they're fair game, old Farangs that venture out during Songkhran are also fair game.

post-118766-0-56063000-1302360034_thumb.

And don't come out with how things should be, look at how things actually ARE !!! If you don't like it, do something about it, but for Christ sake stop F'ing moaning !!!!

Can you imagine a meeting of ThaiVisa members being a fun gathering ? LOL, the way this forum is with all the complaining it would be the last place I would want to be, a load of old miserable men wondering why Thailand doesn't conform to their specifications, keep all the things they like but stop everything else, yeah right, that's why they came to Thailand in the first place, cos it was the same as back home ! Haha. ( Thais would be as Miserable as you if it was like Back Home !!!! )

Euthanasia should never be against the law, cos if getting old makes you so miserable, I don't wanna ever get old.

Can all the moaners imagine moaning about Songkhran when they were young ?

Spooky.

Amen, MrsMills! Whiners (a.k.a. dickheads) not allowed.

I, too, agree wholeheartedly.