Premature Songkran...

Forethat

I wish I could find a place in Thailand where Songkran was just good happy fun splashing.

I'm going to check out koh kred a week after. The 'Mon' celebrate a week after thai songkran and am hoping it will have retained the traditional ways

To those that say only the old are complaining - I don't quite fit into old age yet (just old-fashioned), I also now avoid songkran celebration. At least the so called 'celebration' that is seen on the streets these days

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my daughter to pattaya last year. she was only 3 years old at the time. Walked into a bar to get a drink with her and some pissed up old guy poured a whole bucked of ice cold water over her head which obviously shocked her as she was bone dry at the time. She cried lots. The guy just said "everyone has to get wet" Shame i was alone with her otherwise the guy would of got knocked out.

I know it was during songkran but should that be tolerated?

You took your 3-year-old into a bar?

I wish I could find a place in Thailand where Songkran was just good happy fun splashing.

I'm going to check out koh kred a week after. The 'Mon' celebrate a week after thai songkran and am hoping it will have retained the traditional ways

To those that say only the old are complaining - I don't quite fit into old age yet (just old-fashioned), I also now avoid songkran celebration. At least the so called 'celebration' that is seen on the streets these days

Alas. As there is hope. One can still find an older, traditional version practiced universally throughout Thailand. Just have to know where to go!!!!!!

Squirt her or splash her, Get her into slowly.

But yeah its my fault for going into a bar which had the usual wasters there.

Forgive the guy for not knowing it was her first time....perhaps it was YOU that should have got her into it slowly.

My kids...2...got the same at an early age....my reaction was to suck it up and this is what it is all about.....especially if I took them to pattaya and into a bar for their very first time....but wait....I did not.

Took my daughter to pattaya last year. she was only 3 years old at the time. Walked into a bar to get a drink with her and some pissed up old guy poured a whole bucked of ice cold water over her head which obviously shocked her as she was bone dry at the time. She cried lots. The guy just said "everyone has to get wet" Shame i was alone with her otherwise the guy would of got knocked out.

I thought that too ...... and in Pattaya :shock1:

you both have perverted minds.

Oh my god! That is the most bestest story EVER! That was EXACTLY the correct response. Thankyou for brightening my day, I feel so much better and giddy. I love justice! Thanks!

<deleted>? giddy?

Your days must be as dull as dishwater.:rolleyes:

To lock oneself away in a room for a week when outside everyone else is having fun is nothing less then the epitome of "oddballness"

I'm giddy from the thought of snapping a mans shinbone in half if he rightly deserves it..... that makes me dull? Here I was worried I'd seem psychotic but you said dull and that's way better so I'll accept that, thanks!

This would have sparked another psychotic episode on my part. Causing a 3 year old child to scream and wail and cry and make excuses for it and shrug it off like its your right to do this to my or someone elses child? You would never again recognise your own face in the mirror. Those of you that are making excuses for this evil behaviour (what else do you call deliberately attacking a child and making the scream?) are obviously the kind of scum that would do this in the first place. There is no excuse, there is no justification, youre scum. You do not understand the festival and are using it as an excuse to hurt people. <profanity removed> The Thais do not attack toddlers, only you fat ugly sex pats. GET OFF MY LAWN.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.

This would have sparked another psychotic episode on my part. Causing a 3 year old child to scream and wail and cry and make excuses for it and shrug it off like its your right to do this to my or someone elses child? You would never again recognise your own face in the mirror. Those of you that are making excuses for this evil behaviour (what else do you call deliberately attacking a child and making the scream?) are obviously the kind of scum that would do this in the first place. There is no excuse, there is no justification, youre scum. You do not understand the festival and are using it as an excuse to hurt people. <Profanity removed>. The Thais do not attack toddlers, only you fat ugly sex pats. GET OFF MY LAWN.

Think u need some sort of anger classes mate

I've been to La Tomatina in Spain and its great, but old people usually stay indoors out of the mayhem, if not, they're fair game, old Farangs that venture out during Songkhran are also fair game.

post-118766-0-56063000-1302360034_thumb.

And don't come out with how things should be, look at how things actually ARE !!! If you don't like it, do something about it, but for Christ sake stop F'ing moaning !!!!

Can you imagine a meeting of ThaiVisa members being a fun gathering ? LOL, the way this forum is with all the complaining it would be the last place I would want to be, a load of old miserable men wondering why Thailand doesn't conform to their specifications, keep all the things they like but stop everything else, yeah right, that's why they came to Thailand in the first place, cos it was the same as back home ! Haha. ( Thais would be as Miserable as you if it was like Back Home !!!! )

Euthanasia should never be against the law, cos if getting old makes you so miserable, I don't wanna ever get old.

Can all the moaners imagine moaning about Songkhran when they were young ?

Spooky.

Yeah tell Hitler that in the 1930's that worked didnt it

Ever notice that the worst offenders are those that have been marginalized in life? Ugly, or morbidly obese, or failures in love, business , school; just a big sorry collection of losers. Check it out this year. The people trying to hurt someone or are obnoxious about it, are going to have faces and lives that scream out, I am a failure. Songkran gives them a chance to take out their unhappiness and target those that appear to be better looking, more successful and more likeable.

Don't believe me? Just watch.

I'm not going to be here for Songkran. I'm just too beautiful and successful to stay.laugh.gif

Some posts scream the same thing :)

This would have sparked another psychotic episode on my part. Causing a 3 year old child to scream and wail and cry and make excuses for it and shrug it off like its your right to do this to my or someone elses child? You would never again recognise your own face in the mirror. Those of you that are making excuses for this evil behaviour (what else do you call deliberately attacking a child and making the scream?) are obviously the kind of scum that would do this in the first place. There is no excuse, there is no justification, youre scum. You do not understand the festival and are using it as an excuse to hurt people. <Profanity removed> The Thais do not attack toddlers, only you fat ugly sex pats. GET OFF MY LAWN.

You think? I dare any of you, I double dipshit dare you to watch some fat nasty bastard make YOUR 3 year old daughter SHRIEK in terror and fear and see if YOU don't suddenly become overwhelmed with homicidal urges. I know I would, and it doesn't take me more than a split seconds thought to know what I would be feeling in that situation and yet some of you on here act like its abnormal to feel violent when some MAN accosts your baby? No seriously.... for all my crazy talk I honestly think half of you are <profanity removed>completely out of you minds. Defending a man that scares the crap out of tiny children..... <profanity removed>.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.

This would have sparked another psychotic episode on my part. Causing a 3 year old child to scream and wail and cry and make excuses for it and shrug it off like its your right to do this to my or someone elses child? You would never again recognise your own face in the mirror. Those of you that are making excuses for this evil behaviour (what else do you call deliberately attacking a child and making the scream?) are obviously the kind of scum that would do this in the first place. There is no excuse, there is no justification, youre scum. You do not understand the festival and are using it as an excuse to hurt people. <Profanity removed>. The Thais do not attack toddlers, only you fat ugly sex pats. GET OFF MY LAWN.

At least he is speaking the truth.

Old men or any men for that matter that attack a innocent child for there pleasure r quite frankly sick.

and during Songkran? I find it a bit incredulous that she was dry during songkran to start with, but taking a toddler into a bar? It beggars belief!

and during Songkran? I find it a bit incredulous that she was dry during songkran to start with, but taking a toddler into a bar? It beggars belief!

My son took his first steps in a bar in Soi Six Pattaya, whats wrong with bars?

He was fussed over by the rest of the girls whilst he waited for his mother to appear, that freed me up to drink more beer and grope the staff, every ones a winner ! smile.gif

My son took his first steps in a bar in Soi Six Pattaya, whats wrong with bars?

He was fussed over by the rest of the girls whilst he waited for his mother to appear, that freed me up to drink more beer and grope the staff, every ones a winner ! smile.gif

good one.........

i did the same !!

The entire city is made of bars.... why not just question what hes doing in the city at all? I can see a father bringing his child into a bar during the day to get her a juice and himself a beer. I really don't understand the obsession with getting a drink for his child in the one of 6 million drinking establishments while forgiving the cretin that attacked the child, guess the little girl deserved it.... serves her right! :blink: Some of you arent aware that Pattaya is a huge tourist town with entire families wandering around and going to the various establishments?

If it was 1 am then yes that would be strange.

The entire city is made of bars.... why not just question what hes doing in the city at all? I can see a father bringing his child into a bar during the day to get her a juice and himself a beer. I really don't understand the obsession with getting a drink for his child in the one of 6 million drinking establishments while forgiving the cretin that attacked the child, guess the little girl deserved it.... serves her right! :blink: Some of you arent aware that Pattaya is a huge tourist town with entire families wandering around and going to the various establishments?

A toddler, in a bar, during Songkran? Yeah that's responsible! (ignoring the claim of being dry ....)

A toddler, in a bar, during Songkran? Yeah that's responsible! (ignoring the claim of being dry ....)

It was a bj bar with naked girls. Kidding.

What the hell is wrong in going to a bar to get a beer and soft drink for your daughter in pattaya or any city in thailand?

Im seriously thinking the guys that think its wrong are very perverted guys.

I drove from bangkok to pattaya. Parked the car next to a bar i know with freindly staff. My daughter was thirsty and so was i after the 1 hour 30 minute drive.

So yes she was dry until the old fool poured a bucket over her head.

I will go to the local wat (Northern California) on Sunday for the Songkran celebration. The children will play with water (squirt guns and such) and have a good time. The adults will take care of religious business, eat, and talk. Here, children play with water. The adults don't. The children get each other wet, but leave the adults dry. It works well this way.

It was a bj bar with naked girls. Kidding.

What the hell is wrong in going to a bar to get a beer and soft drink for your daughter in pattaya or any city in thailand?

Im seriously thinking the guys that think its wrong are very perverted guys.

JD knows what he gets up to in Bars, and the type of bars he frequents. Thats why he is so appalled at the thought, mind you, I wouldn't take a kid into a bar that had young men walking around in their underpants either.

Oh I forgot, he's a ThaiVisa member, he has never been to a bar, and like all anonymous forum members he met his Thai partner at a quantum physics seminar, yeah right, of course he did. cool.gif

I would hazard a guess that 99% of the guys here met their partners in a bar, even though they're anonymous, they still try to hide it, hide it from themselves maybe, sad really.

I met my wife in Soi Six, its a great place to meet women in my opinion.

I would hazard a guess that 99% of the guys here met their partners in a bar, even though they're anonymous, they still try to hide it, hide it from themselves maybe, sad really.

To give a little credit where it is due, some of them would have met them when they were off duty and might not actually know that they were in the business. :ermm: