Premature Songkran...

Forethat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hazard a guess that 99% of the guys here met their partners in a bar, even though they're anonymous, they still try to hide it, hide it from themselves maybe, sad really.

What is truly sad might be the ever-present perpetuation of myth, stigma, and stereotype as they apply to Thailand and Thais.

i just wish the tourists would have the good sense to, for example , let the kids that work in the Family Marts or the obvious "one motorbike and a kid" families get past unscathed.

Generally speaking its the tourists that get totally over excited and lose perspective.

Disagree totally - the Thais are just as bad and sometimes worse. They are also the ones who set up road blocks so that everyone going through gets doused and powdered. Several years back, a Thai Limousine lady in an immaculate uniform got out of a limo in Bangla. Not one farang sprayed/threw water at her but yep, she was got squarely by a Thai (and din't she go off at him!).

Wandering around 2nd Rd and Soi Buakow over the last couple of evenings (I dont go out until well after 7pm during Songkran, for obvious reasons) I noticed that nearly all the people still playing with water were bar staff or massage parlour staff, and some drunken motorbike taxi drivers, with only a couple of drunk farangs. The total number of people playing with water was only about 10 or 20 in the entire area I walked through.

I suspect there were still quite a lot on Beach Road, but of course I haven't been there since last week.

Only 2.5 days left, thankfully. Only going out after dark is starting to make me feel like a :vampire: