BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cmjantje

Congratulations!

Very DISSAPOINTED in TOPS restocking and efforts to maintain a decent store.

Many western style foods that were at TOPS when they opened last month have not been continued or re-stocked properly.

Movies at the CR Cineplex that are normally shown in Original Soundtrack with Thai subtitiles around Thailand are shown in Thai language only with no English sub titles. There is usually one Original English soundtrack move. but so far, they have all been the cartoons and animated or low on the box office list movies.

They should at least, alternate between Original and Thai soundtrack showings of the movies.

McDonalds ony open limited hours, closing early and no breakfast menu.Do they think CR is only awake from about 10 or 11 am to 9 pm.

Poor management and decision making of the Central Plaza team and the individual local Managers of Tops, McDonalds, and Cineplex.

If they continue like this, they will fail misserably. Thai's are already saying they can get things cheaper and more selection at Big C and other places.

Edited by KimoMax

Very DISSAPOINTED in TOPS restocking and efforts to maintain a decent store.

Many western style foods that were at TOPS when they opened last month have not been continued or re-stocked properly.

Movies at the CR Cineplex that are normally shown in Original Soundtrack with Thai subtitiles around Thailand are shown in Thai language only with no English sub titles. There is usually one Original English soundtrack move. but so far, they have all been the cartoons and animated or low on the box office list movies.

They should at least, alternate between Original and Thai soundtrack showings of the movies.

McDonalds ony open limited hours, closing early and no breakfast menu.Do they think CR is only awake from about 10 or 11 am to 9 pm.

Poor management and decision making of the Central Plaza team and the individual local Managers of Tops, McDonalds, and Cineplex.

If they continue like this, they will fail misserably. Thai's are already saying they can get things cheaper and more selection at Big C and other places.

It seems it is always easier to be negative for most posters.

Look at it logically:

Market surveys will designate goods stocked to maximise profit plus additional key items designed to attract multiple market segments. I would hazard a guess and say that the number of Tops customers were predominantly Thai (big surprise) and that is where they will concentrate their stocking efforts. You do realise you are in Thailand??

Price wise the few items I can buy in Big C and Lotus that are definitely in Tops have been identically priced and the same in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Wow what a shock for your system. That is for an identical item, brand etc.

Similar constraints apply to the movies. Have an all English soundtrack and fill the cinema in one session with whingers, then what?? Plus the other non English speakers will want their share too! What about the Eurpopeans? Bangkok and Pattaya have demographics that support the showing of English speaking movies. Thats an idea for you! Relocate. Plenty more western brands with variety in the multiple supermarkets and movie theatres.

Occasionally I want to watch a movie with an English soundtrack,especially as dubbing has limited relation to the content and intent of the original spoken language, but I forgo that pleasure until I have to go to Bangkok. I for one know I live in a part of a foreign non English speaking country. Have you watched Shutter Island? Same applies.

MickeyD's who cares?

Edited by raylo

I have my opinion and am entitled to express it without harassment, just as anyone else here.

No comment to the negatives.

I won't play that game.

Prices at Tops are the same nationwide. I never said otherwise. Many items are cheaper elsewhere like Big C Makro, Tesco Lotus, and local vendors.

At Tops, higher quality and varitey is expected for their higher price.

Edited by KimoMax

I agree that it does seem odd that the opening hours are not maximized. It would be in my opinion a good idea to do a survey of what customers would like to have in the Tops Store or a suggestion box to add our

comments. I am personally not using the Mall, other than to get those expensive foods from my home country

now and again . As for McD's, there are several other places in town that serve <deleted> burgers, I can go there rather than the Mall if the urge ever comes.

Cineplex appears to be learning. The Movie Thor is Englsh with Thai subtitles. But being a 3 D movie the ticket prices are higher at about 200 per person.

Now a few more Thai Movies are being shown with English Subtitles. 2 are Thai Movies with English subtitles. But 2 other Hollywood films are still Thai soundtrack only.

Strange how many movies start or end and McDonalds and other fast foods in Central are already closed.

Kimomax, who are you???

Being new on CR forum, knowing so much about CR....

Please tell us!

I am new to the forum only. Not new to Thailand or Chiang Rai.

many do not ever post or join in on TV.

I only joined recently to reply to a topic, then get a few things and info off my chest.

Then I will relinquish myself back to the lurker mode.

cmjantje,

I think one of my replies was to you about going by bus to Bangkok. I got frustrated watching the replies to you and on another few threads. I was not able to communicate to you and a few others without joining and posting.

Edited by KimoMax

At risk of repeating myself..... enjoy looking at these exotic foods on the shelves of Tops while you can because if enough of us aren't buying them, they will not be restocked. Simple business sense.

Castello Blue Cheese is back! That is the Cheese that was sold out within 2 days when they opened and I was looking for it for 2 weeks, I talked to the Manager On duty and yesterday evening they called me to tell me the Castello Blue Cheese is back.

So I am on my way to grab a couple !

I know there are some other Cheeselovers out there and the Castello Blue Cheese is maybe not the best Cheese in this world but by far the best found in Chiang Rai! Of course in my opinion!

:D:D:D

Cineplex appears to be learning. The Movie Thor is Englsh with Thai subtitles. But being a 3 D movie the ticket prices are higher at about 200 per person.

Now a few more Thai Movies are being shown with English Subtitles. 2 are Thai Movies with English subtitles. But 2 other Hollywood films are still Thai soundtrack only.

Strange how many movies start or end and McDonalds and other fast foods in Central are already closed.

Thanks for the cinema info. I am curious what is the regular non 3D type movie price?

Brings to mind the old adage, if you need to ask then you probably can’t afford it. For many of us it will cost much more just to drive into town, than they would ever charge for a movie at the theatre. A good quality .MKV bluray file will no doubt cost much less and is yours to watch again and again, in the comfort of your own viewing room. If cost is an issue there are many other options. :)

Brings to mind the old adage, if you need to ask then you probably can’t afford it. For many of us it will cost much more just to drive into town, than they would ever charge for a movie at the theatre. A good quality .MKV bluray file will no doubt cost much less and is yours to watch again and again, in the comfort of your own viewing room. If cost is an issue there are many other options. :)

I can afford it and can still ask. Bad "adage".

I would be more concerned about encouraging the OP troll who is delusionally convinced that Cineplex "listened" to him before he went back to lurking. More like the dreaded lurgy.

Oh well it takes all kinds

Brings to mind the old adage, if you need to ask then you probably can't afford it. For many of us it will cost much more just to drive into town, than they would ever charge for a movie at the theatre. A good quality .MKV bluray file will no doubt cost much less and is yours to watch again and again, in the comfort of your own viewing room. If cost is an issue there are many other options. :)

I can afford it and can still ask. Bad "adage".

In wholehearted agreement. :jap:

Thanks for the cinema info. I am curious what is the regular non 3D type movie price?

Regular movie prices are about 100 baht. Wednesday is a little less, and they have senior specials, Think over 60, but not sure.