Congratulations!

cmjantje

How much are the cornetto's on an ash wednesday afternoon matinee for a European movie written about an african bungee jumper dubbed in Thai with Honduran subtitles?

Its just that Id like to take a Welsh male voice choir along and Im considering all options for budgeting the trip.

p.s. None of the choristers will consume coffee.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one seen my Chicken , its gone again . :D

Sorry to say that if it went to the new Central it is probably no more. THey have many outlets for Chicken...KFC and Maccas spring to mind with the McD Chicken burger being reasonably good value if you spend 20 baht extra and supersize it. Of course there are also many local outlets which have chicken on sale as does the food court although I notice there seems to be a shortage of pigeons in that area.

As far as Cornettos at cinermarplex I wouldn't know but there is always kfc icecream...maccas icecream an dairyqueen.

Coffee though was out of my budget unless I know for sure that it is drinkable.

Time for another visit to the gorgeous girls at the Amazon coffee at the PTT....may not be the best coffee in town but it is good for the price.

Wikipedia as quoted is out of date on prices at least. The "Opinions and Information" of Wikipedia is not independently verified unless challenged.

Best to go to the theater's web site, or go there directly for information and clarity.

Ticket prices are not quoted on their site unless you are a member and purchaing on line..

Adult ticket prices when purchasing at the Chiang Rai Cineplex vary from 80 to 220 baht for basic seating.

Prices vary according to the time of day, day of week, type of movie.

They have senior specials and other promotions for discounts.

Soundtracks and subtitles for all movies currently showing are listed on the web site for that particular theater.

th/eng is thai soundtrack/english subs

eng/th is english soundtrack/thi subs

th/... is thai soundtrack only.

Edited by KimoMax

Wikipedia as quoted is out of date on prices at least. The "Opinions and Information" of Wikipedia is not independently verified unless challenged.

Best to go to the theater's web site, or go there directly for information and clarity.

Ticket prices are not quoted on their site unless you are a member and purchaing on line..

Adult ticket prices when purchasing at the Chiang Rai Cineplex vary from 80 to 220 baht for basic seating.

Soundtracks and subtitles for all movies currently showing are listed on the web site for that particular theater.

Your good at repeating the obvious. Anything else??

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I assume that your online XXXXXXXX comment was your idea of a joke. I don't find it funny. If you must know, the tickets are for a bunch of CR orphans that I try to help out as I can. Maybe you should channel some of your energy to try to help a few less fortunate people. It might make you feel better about yourself.

Edited by Rooo
Deleted flame & insult from deleted post

The Disrespect, Flaming, Trolling, Racist, Off Topic and Antagonistic remarks and posts of a few will not Stop.

These individuals are only Alienating themself's from this community and forum by their behavior and actions

Several posts deleted, official warnings issued. Keep it up & suspensions will follow.

For these posters, please refer to forum rules before commenting any further.

Your good at repeating the obvious. Anything else??

I assume that your online XXXXXXXX comment was your idea of a joke. I don't find it funny. If you must know, the tickets are for a bunch of CR orphans that I try to help out as I can. Maybe you should channel some of your energy to try to help a few less fortunate people. It might make you feel better about yourself.

If you had read anything previously posted, unless removed by moderation you will note that as a member of the exceutive I am actively involved in regional temple projects and I can prove it I dont need to shy away from when asked where I assist the community and I feel great.

This topic is about a shopping centre is it not? Can we please get back on that topic. If it persists in this direction, it will be closed. Last warning.

As fancy as my words may be ..
Playful use of the written language, in a written forum, seems to draw heated responses, completely out of proportion to the original intent.

How To Write a (Good) Sentence ;)

I can only assume you were referring to the following quote from that article.

"Geoff Kloske, the head of Riverhead Books, publisher of George Saunders and Aleksandar Hemon, thinks current stylistic variety makes it impossible to claim we are in either a minimalist or maximalist period. "More, I fear, there is a flaccidity and casualness of style that has come from writing habits born out of e-mail and social media." A kind of death of the sentence by collective neglect. Kloske is right that the incessant dribble of mini-messaging has made most people's daily use of written language brutally factual in character, more private ad copy than prose."

Perhaps I should add that we will be going shopping at the lovely mall tomorrow, weather permitting.

Edited by villagefarang

Playful use of the written language, in a written forum, seems to draw heated responses, completely out of proportion to the original intent.

"Geoff Kloske, the head of Riverhead Books, publisher of George Saunders and Aleksandar Hemon, thinks current stylistic variety makes it impossible to claim we are in either a minimalist or maximalist period. "More, I fear, there is a flaccidity and casualness of style that has come from writing habits born out of e-mail and social media." A kind of death of the sentence by collective neglect. Kloske is right that the incessant dribble of mini-messaging has made most people's daily use of written language brutally factual in character, more private ad copy than prose."

Perhaps I should add that we will be going shopping at the lovely mall tomorrow, weather permitting.

It referred to the overly punctuated sentence that followed your comment about "fancy words".

Apt and good artcle very true. Echoes most threads. Lucky you mentioned the shopping centre so you dont get moderated.

We will be at the shopping centre Thursday. Might go the movies without regard to soundtrack language even. Hope we can afford it.

• 3 months later...

Cineplex appears to be learning. The Movie Thor is Englsh with Thai subtitles. But being a 3 D movie the ticket prices are higher at about 200 per person.

Now a few more Thai Movies are being shown with English Subtitles. 2 are Thai Movies with English subtitles. But 2 other Hollywood films are still Thai soundtrack only.

Strange how many movies start or end and McDonalds and other fast foods in Central are already closed.

Tried out the cineplex at Central this week- pleasantly surprized, Comfortable seats and very nice cheese popcorn. Both films we saw were in English with Thai subtitles, good quality soundtrack. Only one thing to be aware of - if you are reserving seats on-line, please note that though the web-site says you can pick up your tickets up to 30 minutes before the film starts, in fact your pre-booking lapses if you don't pick them up 45 minutes before the film starts. Not a problem for us today as it was mid-afternoon and quiet, but could be a bit of a problem at busier times and if you are travelling some distance to CR. This cancellation obviously doesn't apply if you pre-pay as well.

Also note that Wednesday is discount price day.

Even for farang?

What were the movies?

There was a group of us (13) that went. Saw Captain America. Surprisingly good.B)

Yes, even for farang. Also an over 60 discount if you do not go on Wednesday.

Only bad thing is the English language ones are generally the 3D and premium. Only one non 3D english that I have been able to watch,.:P

Edited by scorpio1945

[excuse me if I fail to be sufficiently illiterate of fanciful with punctuation here, but i thought I'd mention the kiddie playplace outside the theater. My kids absolutely love it, but I can't take them back to to the noise decibel level... reminds me of when the TescoLotus MaeSai opened, and they piped in noise to make it seem busy!

Even for farang?

What were the movies?

There was a group of us (13) that went. Saw Captain America. Surprisingly good.B)

Yes, even for farang. Also an over 60 discount if you do not go on Wednesday.

Only bad thing is the English language ones are generally the 3D and premium. Only one non 3D english that I have been able to watch,.:P

We were terribly bad/sad and went back again yesterday to see the new planet of the apes film - enjoyed it - ties up the other threads of the series very well. Not in 3D, cost 180B each..which compared to UK prices is pretty reasonable.

We've also seen two trailers for the Cowboys and Aliens film - one was in Thai, the other in English, so I don't know what language the actual film is going to be in.

As happy as I was with the arrival of CP, I am very disappointed now.

Especially Tops which turned out in a "normal" food etc store with the only difference it is more expensive.

I really miss a shop like Rimping here.

My wife and I went for some new clothes for her. Visited some shops and now we understand why they don't have any or few customers. I mean 4.900 baht for a blouse is a Little bit overdone. Converted to the Euro even in Holland it would be far to expensive.

Let us know your experiences.

Edited by cmjantje

As happy as I was with the arrival of CP, I am very disappointed now.

Especially Tops which turned out in a "normal" food etc store with the only difference it is more expensive.

I really miss a shop like Rimping here.

My wife and I went for some new clothes for her. Visited some shops and now we understand why they don't have any or few customers. I mean 4.900 baht for a blouse is a Little bit overdone. Converted to the Euro even in Holland it would be far to expensive.

Let us know your experiences.

Tops is a tad expensive when compared to Big C but cheap when compared to Rimping. I sometimes shopped at Rimping when I lived in CM and it is definitely more expensive than Tops. But the only things that are considered expensive are imported goods but as we live in Thailand we know imported goods are high here so no surprises.

In regards to the rest of the shops, some of the clothes shops are fairly expensive but they are good quality. We now have brand names in CR and therefore have brand name prices. The likes of Lacoste will always be expensive, never going to change, and so are most of the others. But many currently have mid-year sales and huge discounts so if you cant/don't want to pay the high prices then now is the time to buy. I recently bought some jeans and polo shirts for about 40% of the normal retail price and my wife bought some nice dresses which were reduced by 70%. If you PM me I'll send you our catwalk video we made when we got home ;)

I enjoyed Central today, arrived as a ceremony was going on after a parade and all maiden's fair were in the food hall in ethinic costumes eating lunch. :wub:

I went there to purchase an egg slice (spatula) from Robinson's and to visit the AEON ATM so shopped in Tops.

Bought some nice looking sirloin steaks and a bottle of Chilean wine. Passed on the Aussie Wagyu at 3450B a kilo. (No, I haven't missed a decimal point out).

I was impressed to see some shops had the new Samsung 10" tablet.

Personally I'll continue to shop at Big C, presuming they ever get their act together, the selection and prices are better and shopping easier.

Each person likes his steak differently Don, I just knock it's horns off, wipe it's bum and put it on the plate.

Those that like it crispy are the one's who usually have issues with tenderness.

I'll certainly give you a review but they are currently in the freezer. Maybe tomorrow.

Of course at about 100B each you could possibly afford to drive into town and get one yourself to sample. B)

Walked into the Pizza Company at Central a few weeks ago at about 8:25pm evening.

Was told by staff I could'nt order cause they were closing soon at 9pm..........And that was on a Saturday nite when the in town Pizza Company is open til about midnight.

Amazind Ching Rai where all the fast food paces open later and close earlier than the whole rest of Thailand.

The main doors to the mall are all closed by about 9:30pm, so if you want to go to a late movie, you have to go in or out thru the back Staff entrance, take the freight elevator to the top floor. Same for leaving after mall hours...................:rolleyes:

Think it would be much better to have the one door close to McDonalds or near Tops on the ground floor open with security there, instead of going or coming thru back doors. :whistling:

Edited by KimoMax

Each person likes his steak differently Don, I just knock it's horns off, wipe it's bum and put it on the plate.

Those that like it crispy are the one's who usually have issues with tenderness.

I'll certainly give you a review but they are currently in the freezer. Maybe tomorrow.

Of course at about 100B each you could possibly afford to drive into town and get one yourself to sample. B)

OK Don, the sirloin strip, porterhouse steak in English, was about 330gms (10 ounces?).

Individually packed at just over 100B.

I cooked it rare as I prefer, a couple of minutes on each side in a very hot pan.

I found it quite tender with real beef flavour, the more expensive cuts like fillet tend to be a little bland for my taste.

It had about 10mm (1/2 inch of fat that the dog gave three wags of the tail out of three too.

I've paid $20 for similar or worse quality in Australian hotels.

I'll be getting a couple more next time I go through.

• 1 year later...

Kandahar, thanks for your info on the wheelchair.

Scorpio, you must overlook the Yank slangers. They mistakenly heard it was National Dump on Americans week, not realizing that next week may step on their own toes.

Kimomax, you are right on, and I wholly concurr. I am very pleased and thankful for the new Plaza, and all that is in it, however like you, I have the right to my opinions without ugliness, and one is that the Thai store managers universally seem to miss the proper way to decide what to sell and when to restock - or not. I quit going to Northern Farms because they never replaced the most popular items (the ones that sold out quickly), and replaced them with things that just sit there, and begging them to restock something gets only the promise to do so but it never happens. Ringping (sp) is the same way on some things. Thai or farang customers has nothing to do with basic business principles - if something sells, no matter who buys it, it should be kept in stock and not to do so runs against reason and good profits. Look at the store manager. If he/she is Thai, you can expect nonsensical business practices, but if they are Chinese, then you can bet they will be on top of things. It is those Thais of Chinese descent who run most of the successful businesses in Thailand.