Who'S The Fattest?

Forethat

I read all the time about the fat farang, but who is the fattest member on TV?

The reason I'm asking is that according to a BMI calculator (what the he** is up with the world when you need a calculator to tell you if you're overweight) I am overweight. I'm puzzled.

The category in which I fit has been labelled "Overweight". There's another category called "Normal", suggesting that I'm abnormal.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Edited by Forethat

Depends. Most people use that silly BMI scale. Which is designed to make men look like a titless woman.

I'm considered morbidly obese due to my height and weight. I think somewhere in the 33%.

I'm sure i am one of the fattest on here

BMI does not apply to people who are real muscular. Many bodybuilders would be obese while they have single digits fat percentage. It might work on the average couch potatoes but not on people who exercise a lot.

SOmetimes I see blokes and I have to exclaim out loud "He must be fit to carry all that weight around..."

SC

I saw some 500lbs guys on the biggest looser.. wow they must have strong legs indeed to support those weights.

BMI does not apply to people who are real muscular. Many bodybuilders would be obese while they have single digits fat percentage. It might work on the average couch potatoes but not on people who exercise a lot.

In all fairness, the BMI scale approach is a little too basic, but the site does admit there are limitations.

From the site:

Body Mass Index (BMI)

BMI is a useful measure of overweight and obesity. It is calculated from your height and weight. BMI is an estimate of body fat and a good gauge of your risk for diseases that can occur with more body fat. The higher your BMI, the higher your risk for certain diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, gallstones, breathing problems, and certain cancers.

Although BMI can be used for most men and women, it does have some limits:

• It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
  • It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle.

The page goes of to talk about things like the significance of waist measurement, etc.

Edited by Wavefloater