Zip Line

eek

Would like to do zip-lining, but dont wish to do the tourist whole package thing...if thats at all possible. Can drive out, so no need for collection etc.

Anyone know of a place that just does zip-lining (preferably a long line) at a not extremely stupid price, without all the extra stuff thrown in (elephant rides etc)?

Thanks!

Btw..Happy Songkran all.

For those unsure what im on about heres what i mean: ZipLine1.jpg

Edited by eek

Not sure about in the trees, long zip line prices, or if its poss without all the extras, but I have seen a small zipline setup at Huay Tung Taow(sp?). The large lake on the other side of Doi Suthep. Not sure if its part of the camp there or something run by the guys at Peak. But if you want to "get your feet wet" may be worth checking out.

I did the zipline up north near Elephant camp/Tiger Kingdom last year with my gf and it lasts maybe 1-2 hours and I believe I paid 6k for the 2 of us...it was worth it because we had fun and I hadn't done it before and so I justified over 45 years haha

But I talked to this nice farang lady at the pool a couple weeks ago that did the Flight of the Gibbons and it sounded about the same price but seemed to have more lines and last longer and she saw some Gibbons...or Gibon? Plus included a pick-up at hotel and maybe food

I'm scared of heights but it looked safe and it was really fun, much better than parasailing imo in USA....but I really dont think you can find a place a zip half day and get a great deal...I don't many local thai's are zipping at 3000 a pop

unless cash is tight, the zipline is worth the $ imo and I will do again