Where Can I Get A Diary?Not As Crazy As It Sounds

kuffki

Its probably the craziest post i have ever made, but where can i get a diary?

I have been through all the stores in Pattaya, including Big C, Tesco, Macro, Carefour, Central,Office works, Hope Pro,Friendship, Foodland, Villa and Stationary stores and none of them have a simple diary.

is there an online store may be or does anyone know a place where i can buy.

i do realize that its mid of the year, but i am sure people still use diary's even when its half way through the year-just does not make any sense that i can not get one anywhere.

All help is appriciated

What do you mean by a "diary"? A calendar? The sort of little book with a calendar most people buy in December and Janaury?

I've found a good selection at a B2S bookshop within our local Central dept store here in Chiang Mai. They have much info in English, but include all the many Thai holidays. But, I look in December, when they have them on display. I think they put them on sale and try to get rid of the left-overs by March. Perhaps a proper office supply store would still have them.

Otherwise, if you mean a journal, i.e. a book where you can record your daily thought and activities, then keep looking in the bigger bookshops. When we ran our greenhouse/nursery business in the U.S., I used a 5-yr journal to keep track of high and low temps, rainfall and the daily activities at the nursery, ie. how many plants were transplanted, when and what we did with pesticides, fertilizers, daily sales. Each page was lined out into five areas, one for each year. It was really helpful to see what we'd done in previous years.

You could use any journal book to keep this type of record. All you need is a straight edge to divide one year's entry's from the next.

Yes. Some assorted bookshops that cater to educational and school-related material.....quite often these types of "bookshops" double as stationary shops. Almost always to be found in larger populated areas {provincial centres} if you are outside of the breater BKK metro.

foodland saw them couple of days ago, end of isle near the tills, see you said you been there but they do have them.

They do not have the proper diary. Its sort of a diary but does not have a date on page. It just has pages where you fill in the date. But that defeats the purpose, because if today i know i have a meeting in 6 months time i write it down, but then on the next page i have meeting 2 days away.

i hope i am making sense, but its not a proper diary, i tried using what they have at the moment and its useless. :(

What do you mean by a "diary"? A calendar? The sort of little book with a calendar most people buy in December and Janaury?

I've found a good selection at a B2S bookshop within our local Central dept store here in Chiang Mai. They have much info in English, but include all the many Thai holidays. But, I look in December, when they have them on display. I think they put them on sale and try to get rid of the left-overs by March. Perhaps a proper office supply store would still have them.

Otherwise, if you mean a journal, i.e. a book where you can record your daily thought and activities, then keep looking in the bigger bookshops. When we ran our greenhouse/nursery business in the U.S., I used a 5-yr journal to keep track of high and low temps, rainfall and the daily activities at the nursery, ie. how many plants were transplanted, when and what we did with pesticides, fertilizers, daily sales. Each page was lined out into five areas, one for each year. It was really helpful to see what we'd done in previous years.

You could use any journal book to keep this type of record. All you need is a straight edge to divide one year's entry's from the next.

I mean like date per page diary, some even have times on each page.

I am in Pattaya and all the stores i mentioned do not have any.

I need a diary to keep track of all my meetings, phone calls i need to make on certain dates, delivery's i need to accept on certain dates etc etc etc

So to be useful it has to be "normal" date per page diary

Maybe better to use the word : Agenda book, or planner.

Not to be rude, but i was seeking help where to buy one NOT how to call it.

PS. It always says a diary or diary planner

Judging by the posts and the fact that you had to explain what a diary was, even with a pic, I thought it might come in handy.

I humbly apologise, i will try not to be of any help again.

You will be able to buy what I call a real diary at a DK bookstore. (Promise).

Not sure where you are in Pattaya or in Thailand, but they have branches all over Thailand. You can Google in DK Bookstore Pattaya and there will be a list of branches.

The websites quote phone numbers so you can check before you visit the store.

They also sell filofaxes that may suit your purpose.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Judging by the posts and the fact that you had to explain what a diary was, even with a pic, I thought it might come in handy.

I humbly apologise, i will try not to be of any help again.

agreed me 2, somebody must have got to the diaries before me and done a good job on hand writing the dates in the diaries i looked at. just cant help some people. just for the record but keep it to your self FOODLAND

You are rude. He was helping you with the term to better aid you in finding what you want, if no one understands exactly what you are looking for then they cant help you with your initial request. Different countries will call it different things and that leads to confusion.

I would search central festival pattaya, Central Chitlom has a business/school supply store on the top floor, maybe Central Festival has one too.

So many comedians and people with either inability to read or too bored or perhaps just enjoy posting useless information.

I have clearly stated that I am in pattaya and yet "some" advising in bkk.

I have attached a photo for those not familiar with what a diary is and "some" suggest Facebook or pencil sharpeners .

A note book is not a diary.

I have clearly stated and listed all the shops I have been in and they do not have it, and yet " some" will continue to insist

so special to Nalak, since you so confident , rather then argue with you , I have a proposal for you!

1. You buy me that the proper diary from foodland on pattaya klang( with receipt ) and I will pay you 1000 baht for it plus 10 000 baht for the troubles. However if you fail, you will pay me 10 000.

Is that a deal?

Thank you to a couple of people who have addressed the actual post and provided useful information.

So many comedians and people with either inability to read or too bored or perhaps just enjoy posting useless information.

I have attached a photo for those not familiar with what a diary is and "some" suggest Facebook or pencil sharpeners .

I have clearly stated and listed all the shops I have been in and they do not have it, and yet " some" will continue to insist

so special to Nalak, since you so confident , rather then argue with you , I have a proposal for you!

1. You buy me that the proper diary from foodland on pattaya klang( with receipt ) and I will pay you 1000 baht for it plus 10 000 baht for the troubles. However if you fail, you will pay me 10 000.

Is that a deal?

Thank you to a couple of people who have addressed the actual post and provided useful information.

Short fuse ? post-109269-0-85050300-1302853541_thumb.

Is that a deal?

Short fuse ? post-109269-0-85050300-1302853541_thumb.

I don't think the term "short fuse" comes close - - - In seven years on Thaivisa his is the nastiest attitude I have seen.

Awesome thread. Typical TV. People try to help someone, who is obviously clueless as the plethora of shopping venues in Thailand.

What do they get?

Jackassery.

No good deed goes unpunished.

And more off topic useless posts.

Please enlighten me how your post addresses the actual topic?

Also please enlighten me how shop in BKK helps me when i am in Pattaya and clearly said so.

also please enlighten me how asking place to buy diary turns into physiologic analysis and is relevant or helpful to the actual question asked?

Please enlighten me how facebook comments relate to the needs stated in the OP?

Also please enlighten me how stating incorrect fact about shop having the stock helps?

i can assure you i am well aware and most likely better then you on shopping plethora in Pattaya and BKK. I have clearly posted that i have been through a all the major retailers and even small stationary stores.

I did clearly ask for people who do know for certain where the product is available, NOT where the products are usually sold, because i have already been to all the shops that USUALLY sell this kind of product.

You are right, typical Thai Visa, anytime someone asks a questions only 1-3 decent replies, while al others are bored time wasters who do nothing but try to correct, invent and analyze.

No one has asked you for your opinion about me, the ONLY question asked is where i can buy a diary and to make it more clear for you ONCE AGAIN,

NOT the shops that usually sell it but the shops that do have it in stock right now and someone has purchased one right now or in the past few days, this means NOT 6 months ago, NOT in London, Sydney or New York but in Pattaya.

A diary that looks like a photo provided, NOT another type, but exactly what is shown.

So if you know the answer to the actual question, you answer it, if you just bored out of your mind-go play some water games with kids.

Edited by kuffki

So it seems in some country's it's called a day planner in other countries it's called diary , and others diary planner.

I guess picture is still not good enough and this thread just needs clarification of the name?????

Please ignore the actual post and question asked and just debate what the name should be, because THAT is the most important matter for the OP and no doubt everyone else.