Where Can I Get A Diary?Not As Crazy As It Sounds

kuffki

Maybe better to use the word : Agenda book, or planner.

Not to be rude, but i was seeking help where to buy one NOT how to call it.

PS. It always says a diary or diary planner

You are rude. He was helping you with the term to better aid you in finding what you want, if no one understands exactly what you are looking for then they cant help you with your initial request. Different countries will call it different things and that leads to confusion.

I would search central festival pattaya, Central Chitlom has a business/school supply store on the top floor, maybe Central Festival has one too.

Just to clarify i am rude because you either can not or do not want to read. Let me quote it for you again straight from my FIRST POST.

Also the picture in post 8 is pretty clear and does not need defining, does it?!blink.gif

I have been through all the stores in Pattaya, including Big C, Tesco, Macro, Carefour, Central,Office works, Hope Pro,Friendship, Foodland, Villa and Stationary stores and none of them have a simple diary.

Would there be an apology coming?whistling.gif

Edited by kuffki

So many comedians and people with either inability to read or too bored or perhaps just enjoy posting useless information.

I have clearly stated that I am in pattaya and yet "some" advising in bkk.

I have attached a photo for those not familiar with what a diary is and "some" suggest Facebook or pencil sharpeners .

A note book is not a diary.

I have clearly stated and listed all the shops I have been in and they do not have it, and yet " some" will continue to insist

so special to Nalak, since you so confident , rather then argue with you , I have a proposal for you!

1. You buy me that the proper diary from foodland on pattaya klang( with receipt ) and I will pay you 1000 baht for it plus 10 000 baht for the troubles. However if you fail, you will pay me 10 000.

Is that a deal?

Thank you to a couple of people who have addressed the actual post and provided useful information.

You might find it better to hide your contempt for others; a cruel deceit, I know, but a skill that will help you blend in with Thais and foreigners alike.

Sorry its off topic.

I normally get a free diary from a certain society to which I belong (I don't think I need to mention its name here) and pass it on to my wife around February or March.

I have several attractive Scotland calendars I could send you, but the day-boxes are probably not big enough.

You could buy a blank journal, and write the date ahead on each page ad nauseam.

My suggestion would be a fiendlishly complex excel spreadsheet, into which you could enter data at random, categorise it, sort it, corrupt and lose it.

Sometimes, we have to accept that other people's ideas or suggestions might be better than our own, and I have realised that I wil have to accept that whenever it will happen....

I suppose, for you that day has yet to come...

SC

You might find it better to hide your contempt for others; a cruel deceit, I know, but a skill that will help you blend in with Thais and foreigners alike.

Sorry its off topic.

I normally get a free diary from a certain society to which I belong (I don't think I need to mention its name here) and pass it on to my wife around February or March.

I have several attractive Scotland calendars I could send you, but the day-boxes are probably not big enough.

You could buy a blank journal, and write the date ahead on each page ad nauseam.

My suggestion would be a fiendlishly complex excel spreadsheet, into which you could enter data at random, categorise it, sort it, corrupt and lose it.

Sometimes, we have to accept that other people's ideas or suggestions might be better than our own, and I have realised that I wil have to accept that whenever it will happen....

I suppose, for you that day has yet to come...

SC

I tried to say the same thing but must have been less diplomatic as I got deleted, the op truly doesn't see how his negative remarks just encourage other posters to call him out. Amazes me how people like this honestly think "its everyone else" and not themselves to blame for the negativity they attract back.

Call me old fashioned, but I cant stand the electronic planners/diaries/notebook-type calendars - I have used pen and paper not only as a diary/planner but as a notebook used during meetings since 20 years. I go for the bigger sized ones, before that I went for the standard FiloFax sized one.

Over the past years I have bought these at Emporium, Tokyo and SIAM Paragon Department Store. Emporium do a great selection of these.

My Thai colleagues use the word patithin which means calendar.

Edited by Forethat

Maybe you could print your own and sell them on TV. You've already got a lot of free publicity.

And for Newbies to LOS, perhaps a two month version for those whose stomachs can't handle the spicy food more than a couple days a week.

Guess you could call that a Diarh---- uh, well, maybe not.

So have ya located your wanted item as of yet, Kuffki? It's been a coupla days......just wondering. :)

No i have not, none of the stores have the stock. They all have the ones without dates

An alternative. You might just try shopping online - where the selection will be enormous. Shipping and handling charges, is all!

So have ya located your wanted item as of yet, Kuffki? It's been a coupla days......just wondering. :)

No i have not, none of the stores have the stock. They all have the ones without dates

You might have to resort to ebay, or making do with a second-best... perhaps using one of the several suggestions many people have helpfully suggested.

Another option would be a loose-leaf ring binder, where you can add days in order as an appointment or deadline crops up, if the day has not already been added. That would not tie you to the rigidity of an arbitrary Gregorian calendar...

And you could add another page if the first was not big enough...

I'm struggling unsuccessfully to think of something more laughably over-complicated - sorry

SC

I think some of the problem is that different English-speaking countries know this item by different names and the OP refused to use some alternate names to describe what he is seeking.

I know this as a planner or "day at a glance" book. A diary is something I kept as a young teenager, writing all my secrets. It had a lock and carefully guarded key. Of course, the only person who really wanted to look at it was my little brother, who figured prominently in my entries.

Meanwhile, now as an adult, I kept a calendar. In my former life, I used a "day at a glance" format, as the OP posted. Now my life isn't as complex and I use a "month at a glance" format to keep track of ladies lunches and medical appointments. I found some great "month at a glance" books at Central CM's B2S bookshop in December. I doubt if they have them this time of year. I doubt the OP could find what he seeks even in his home country at the retail shops this time of year.

A diary, calendar, journal, whatever is fairly small and could be ordered and shipped on-line cheaply.

Okay

I'll bite....

Wher can I get an address book ? Really!

Cant find one anywhere like the ones that you normally keep in a brief case.

Answers on a postcard

I've got one in my briefcase.

Where is my briefcase?

SC

An alternative. You might just try shopping online - where the selection will be enormous. Shipping and handling charges, is all!

already did that,

The only problem sort of speak is Thai customs. In 8 years i been lucky enough for them to stop every single thing i ever had mailed to me and every time, irrespective of the value they always charged 800 baht plus holding and some admin fee. So this diary will end up being the most expansive eversmile.gif..

I wonder if kuffki would have found what he wanted by now if only he asked for a diareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

If only some would actually have a "life" and read the entire thread, that would include looking at pictures, one would not need to troll for few days continuously.

You might have to resort to ebay, or making do with a second-best... perhaps using one of the several suggestions many people have helpfully suggested.

Another option would be a loose-leaf ring binder, where you can add days in order as an appointment or deadline crops up, if the day has not already been added. That would not tie you to the rigidity of an arbitrary Gregorian calendar...

I'm struggling unsuccessfully to think of something more laughably over-complicated - sorry

SC

As sad as it sounds, but there are no diary's as i have shown in the photo for sale in any of the shops in Pattaya and as crazy as it sounds, but i do need one urgently to keep up with my business commitments.

And just something as simple as that can be a pain in the butt, which i find very strange.

But saying that, in all the dealings with local(Thai) contractors, lawyers, builders and government officials, none of them had a diary and would just write things on a piece of paper.

Funny enough none of them ever been on time and usually forget most of the things discussed.

As i mentioned earlier, i have already ordered one on line, but shipping is not as cheap as you think, its approx 600 baht for registered post from Oz, and as mentioned earlier if stopped by customs, will add another 1000 or so baht.

SC

As sad as it sounds, but there are no diary's as i have shown in the photo for sale in any of the shops in Pattaya and as crazy as it sounds, but i do need one urgently to keep up with my business commitments.

And just something as simple as that can be a pain in the butt, which i find very strange.

But saying that, in all the dealings with local(Thai) contractors, lawyers, builders and government officials, none of them had a diary and would just write things on a piece of paper.

Funny enough none of them ever been on time and usually forget most of the things discussed.

As i mentioned earlier, i have already ordered one on line, but shipping is not as cheap as you think, its approx 600 baht for registered post from Oz, and as mentioned earlier if stopped by customs, will add another 1000 or so baht.

Remember - first date to mark in.... December 1st: Buy Diary

SC

I think some of the problem is that different English-speaking countries know this item by different names and the OP refused to use some alternate names to describe what he is seeking.

Thats why i posted a picture in the beginning of the threadwink.gif, before all the trolling started

I wonder if kuffki would have found what he wanted by now if only he asked for a diareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

If only some would actually have a "life" and read the entire thread, that would include looking at pictures, one would not need to troll for few days continuously.

You really are wound up tightly aren't you?

SC

LOL, when in Thailand, one has too, otherwise diaryless fo the rest of the year.

PS. Another strange thing is, Thai Financial year ends in August, so you would think they will sell August to August, but thats also a negative

SC

LOL, when in Thailand, one has too, otherwise diaryless fo the rest of the year.

PS. Another strange thing is, Thai Financial year ends in August, so you would think they will sell August to August, but thats also a negative

As another off-topic aside, have you considered switching to de-caf? No offense, but it might ease some of your pain.

mario299

SC

As OP states he has ordered one online and to put a stop to the trolling, I will put this one to bed.

CLOSED