Burirum Airport

wozza

Thanks for your reply but I thought Phuket Air was only flying into Mae sot and into the runway fence

I have flown many times into Burirum firstly with Andaman air then Phuket air but i understand they are in trouble and arnt flying in to there anymore

I have had enough of the cattle train

[just found this

Phuket Air has temporarily cancelled Bangkok-Mae Sot and Bangkok-Burirum

Phuket Air has temporarily cancelled Bangkok-Mae Sot (Flight No. 9R326/ 9R327) and Bangkok –Burirum (Flight No. 9R322 / 9R323) with immediate effect from September 12, 2005. Passengers who hold tickets on the mentioned destinations are requested to contact our representative offices at:

Phuket Air Head Office Tel. 0-2679-8999

Bangkok Station Tel. 0-9777-7019

Mae Sot Station Tel. (055) 531-730, 531-440

Burirum Station Tel. (044) 625-065-7

The following routes are on service as usual:

Bangkok – Ranong – Bangkok: 5 flights/ week and

Bangkok-Yangon-Bangkok: 2 flights/ a week

Phuket Air has temporarily cancelled Bangkok-Mae Sot (Flight No. 9R326/ 9R327) and Bangkok –Burirum (Flight No. 9R322 / 9R323) with immediate effect from September 12, 2005. Passengers who hold tickets on the mentioned destinations are requested to contact our representative offices at:

As far as I am aware, the airport is now closed as no commercial aircraft land there. Phuket stopped flying apparently as the service was uneconomical. Nothing to do with their appalling safety record, of course. :o

Overnight train and buses are an acceptable alternative IMO.

As far as I am aware, the airport is now closed as no commercial aircraft land there. Phuket stopped flying apparently as the service was uneconomical. Nothing to do with their appalling safety record, of course. :o

Overnight train and buses are an acceptable alternative IMO.

The Elephant festival is imminent with thousands of farang tourists flocking to Surin. They usually cut down the ways of getting to and from Surin around this time. Two years ago Air Andaman dropped it's Surin route a week before the Elephant Festival. Still what can you say TiT

The plane that crashed at Mae Sot was the same plane that did the Buriram run.

It was mentioned in the Bangkok Post a couple of weeks ago that Phuket Air only had one servicible plane left,a 737,that did a run to Rangoon.

Looks like you will be left with either a 9 hour train trip or the bus trip.

Want to go to Surin in January & was hoping to fly!! Now then,9hrs for train journey,How long for the bus journey????

(Secretly hoping that someone will start flying to Buiram before then!!!)

9hrs is the time for the longest train ride. There are also 5 hr journeys. Check times on http://www.farangconnection.com

• 2 weeks later...