Home Food

cmjantje

Macro selling cod or haddock , I dont think so.

Tops in the New Mall is selling only frozen cod and haddock. Haddock cooked in milk is ok but its usually the yellow haddock that is poached , WOW. so good.

In villa market in BKK they sell smoked haddock and smoked cod, its not stained yellow , its actually SMOKED, sadly it is about 2,000 bht per KG, but not expensive for some of the forum members. BS.

For everyone's info Makro dose sell Cod. From Iceland I belive. Only some sell the fillets but all sell the Tranche "Thick cut" two to a pack no skin bone's ECT, about 60bt a go more than enough for one hungry peep's. You'll find it in the frozen section with the salmon + other fishy stuff. Can be poached, Breaded, battered. Have tried it all way's great. If per chance they dont have it in stock just ask in the office and they will get it in for you.

Tops in the New Mall is selling only frozen cod and haddock. Haddock cooked in milk is ok but its usually the yellow haddock that is poached , WOW. so good.

In villa market in BKK they sell smoked haddock and smoked cod, its not stained yellow , its actually SMOKED, sadly it is about 2,000 bht per KG, but not expensive for some of the forum members. BS.

For everyone's info Makro dose sell Cod. From Iceland I belive. Only some sell the fillets but all sell the Tranche "Thick cut" two to a pack no skin bone's ECT, about 60bt a go more than enough for one hungry peep's. You'll find it in the frozen section with the salmon + other fishy stuff. Can be poached, Breaded, battered. Have tried it all way's great. If per chance they dont have it in stock just ask in the office and they will get it in for you.

I have only seen Pangasian I think its called, really nice white fillets of fish that looks like cod. Northern farms sell it as well . Please correct me if I am wrong .

I have only seen Pangasian I think its called, really nice white fillets of fish that looks like cod. Northern farms sell it as well . Please correct me if I am wrong .

You stand corrected. Just looked in my freezer all gone, so cant check, but I'm sure it say's on the pack in English (Small Thai over label) Icelandic Cod and it is what is say's. Great value Cheaper than it is in Blighty 7+ pound's a KL there. They had it on sale for 59bt a pack two week's ago but sometime's 68bt TIT. Some Salmon packed the same, think that's 90bt+ a pack. + Thai stuff. Edited by fredob43

Have to agree about the Pangasian fillets from Makro. The Missus and me often fry with Yorkshire beer batter and it ain't half bad !:)

Have to agree about the Pangasian fillets from Makro. The Missus and me often fry with Yorkshire beer batter and it ain't half bad !:)

Rub a little salt into it 5 min: "not longer" before you batter delish. Edited by fredob43