Someone Wants To Get Rid Of His Nsr 150/250 Sp?

The ad says 150RR. :whistling:

That's, why I am asking..

The Advertisers and above Posters nickname are equal.

Maybe he has a second Bike, maybe he don't know the difference?

Who know's....

Ok, fair enough. I have one, SP that is. But I would not call it a "project" bike. I don't use it though, so.....:rolleyes:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick question:

I have read about Problems with the RC Valve. How can I check, if it works properly?

Its all in your shop manual, but the valve pulley should move smoothly by hand when not running if you disconnect one of the cables. And the servo motor should smoothly actuate the pulley as you rev the engine. as far as adjustment, you need to pull the fairing and check the pulley position against the specs. Its really easy.

BTW, my only real gripes with you were:

1. that you took public a PM [why do you think they call it a 'Private Message' ?] conversation about buying a bike. Not good netiquette. Who would PM you anything after seeing that?

2. you never actually defined in real numbers what your term 'fantasy' pricing means to you... so BHT50k at less than half the cost of new bikes it can thrash, to me anyway, is not fantasy pricing. But there ya go, some like redheads, some only do Asians... no reason to Go Off on anybody for not being able to read your mind on pricing.

In any case, yes peace to us all - life's too short! and hope you find a solid example for a good price- that's what we all want. I'm happy to help you & anyone in any way with your questions about NSRs, as I've personally tuned mine back from the brink of non-running condition due to Somchai wrenching. The NSR is very resilient, and responds really well to fine tuning called out methodically in the shop manual. Numerous copies around on member's computers in PDF form. Does anybody have the parts manual in PDF? I have the hard copy.

Rubber side down,

@bbradsby

I don't want to argue with you about "somchai welded frames" etc. pp.

I think, everyone here, who answered in this thread before, understood my intentions, the why and the how.

And at least, why do you think, I am looking here, in a "Farang-Forum", for a Bike?

If I wanted to have a perfect motorbike, I would buy new. I want something, where I can work/restore/modify/tune/etc.. on.

BOREDOM, you understand?

Ok, now peace and back to the Topic

you cant buy a perfect motorbike in thailand NEW.They're not available, MAYBE an R6, R1,so it's a good thing you dont want one.

Ok, now peace and back to the Topic - if you expect only answers to original question, you've come to the wrong place, as I've found out dozens of times!

good luck, and I can tell you from experience YOU will spend tens of thousands of baht to get something roadworthy, fast, safe, and reliable, oh, not to mention butt-ugly.

even an SP is 15 years old, and assume nobody ever changed even a cable or the oil, and it was kept outside. No cylinder or piston lasts 15 years (2 bikes to back this up)

cheers

1. that you took public a PM [why do you think they call it a 'Private Message' ?] conversation about buying a bike. Not good netiquette. Who would PM you anything after seeing that?

2. you never actually defined in real numbers what your term 'fantasy' pricing means to you... so BHT50k at less than half the cost of new bikes it can thrash, to me anyway, is not fantasy pricing. But there ya go, some like redheads, some only do Asians... no eason to Go Off on anybody for not being able to read your mind on pricing.

I think it was discussed before, so let us drop the subject. Only a short note: I never made PM's or their posters nickname public. NEVER! And if I like to talk about something like: "Somebody made me a 50k Bt offer via PM", so what? Up to me. This were surely my last words on this subject. :jap:

Let's talk again about Bikes!

Ok, now peace and back to the Topic - if you expect only answers to original question, you've come to the wrong place, as I've found out dozens of times!

No no, the thread is good and informative! I was only annoyed by the unnecessary disputes.

even an SP is 15 years old, and assume nobody ever changed even a cable or the oil, and it was kept outside. No cylinder or piston lasts 15 years (2 bikes to back this up)

Totally agree!

And that is why, the first thing I would do(not somchai :lol:) anyway: disassemble the engine and rebuild it, if necessary.

The other things are peanuts... :D

Yes, a "donor-bike" is surely useful.

Edited by vel_tins

Even a thai would find an offer for 50k baht offensive, guess its not just thais that are assumed to be crooks.

Uh, i think you have it backwards, if 50K is a lot and you assume thais are "thrifty" you mean even a foreigner!

Your crook comment is nice, maybe you should go live somewhere where there aren't any!

For what the NSR SP "IS", 50K or $1500 USD is nothing, you can barely buy a nice mountain bike for that.

You cant even buy a new 50 cc dirt bike .

In australia average (these bikes were sold new until around 2004 or so) price is double. parts are triple or have to be sourced from here.

And considering the performance, the (once) new price of these bikes, and parts, most of them are for sale at bargain prices, although in sh*t condition.

If you dont have one to sell why do you have to dilute the topic with useless (incorrect) comments - oh i forgot that's just like 90% of the form users.

have a nice day

Anyone that suggest that selling an NSR for 50k baht in Thailand is ok...is a crook.

You seem to be suggesting that selling an NSR for 50k baht in thailand is ok, so you must want to be a crook.

here's a tampon for you, use it.

chai yen, chai yen... :jap:

Just one thing to mention: we are talking about to buy a Bike in THAILAND not AUSTRALIA or somewhere in the world!

These comparisons are useless, as anyone knows. (e.g. identical old 2nd hand cars, sell for less than 30% in Europe compared with Thailand) :whistling:

I addition, we talk about ~15 years old Bikes. Never seen a 2004 NSR in Thailand. :rolleyes:

So I think, the price for a running NSR in a more or less acceptable condition, should not exceed the limit of 20-25 K.

Edited by vel_tins

Anyone that suggest that selling an NSR for 50k baht in Thailand is ok...is a crook.

You seem to be suggesting that selling an NSR for 50k baht in thailand is ok, so you must want to be a crook.

If you haven't even seen a bike you can't determine it's value , it you don't like NSR go away, just go away anyway.

Your comment reveals you're about as smart as a 5 year old and wasting everyone's time. Now no one would ever take your advice

or consider your opinion.

It takes 2 people to be 'crooks' if - you don't want something - don't buy it - you know very little must be about 5 years old simply creating pointless words on a page.

chai yen, chai yen... :jap:

Just one thing to mention: we are talking about to buy a Bike in THAILAND not AUSTRALIA or somewhere in the world!

These comparisons are useless, as anyone knows. (e.g. identical old 2nd hand cars, sell for less than 30% in Europe compared with Thailand) :whistling:

I addition, we talk about ~15 years old Bikes. Never seen a 2004 NSR in Thailand. :rolleyes:

So I think, the price for a running NSR in a more or less acceptable condition, should not exceed the limit of 20-25 K.

wrong.

If you haven't even seen a bike you can't determine it's value , it you don't like NSR go away, just go away anyway.

Your comment reveals you're about as smart as a 5 year old and wasting everyone's time. Now no one would ever take your advice

It takes 2 people to be 'crooks' if - you don't want something - don't buy it - you know very little must be about 5 years old simply creating pointless words on a page.

:spamsign:

wrong.

:spamsign: too...

@ all: don't feed the trolls ;)

Edited by vel_tins

wrong.

:spamsign:

@ all: don't feed the trolls ;)

yes dont feed yourself as it was you who diverted the original post right?

you're great at using the smilies, good job!

Of course there's a comparison, we're lucky the same bike is half the price - that is a comparison, and it deals with bike value - get a dictionary.

Wow, guys, lets keep cool.

I scanned in the NSR150R parts book but have not got round to scanning in the SP one. Its a boring job, unless you can drop it into one of the photocopies than have a scanner built in. You can find the R one on scrib or google docs.

I think we all have a different level of renovation or modding that we want to go to. Personally I get enough performance out of my bike and there is a great danger in my case of improving it to the point where it is really fast and then I become dangerous on it (dangerous meaning I ride it without the right level of body protection).

We should respect other peoples opinions more; well thats my opinion!

Had alot of fun cleaning the exhaust of water last Saturday in those floods in Bangkok. Spun it right up to 11k and lots of smoke and reving! Everyone in the condo could hear it! Another reason for a 2stroke :) Next day I had to top up the 2t. You couldnt do that with a cbr150.

Wow, guys, lets keep cool.

We should respect other peoples opinions more; well thats my opinion!

totally agree, but unfortunately, some people do not respect other points of view.

Maybe they try to compensate their private problems, within the Anonymity of internet forums?

I am always open minded for any kind of discussions, but personal animosities are not my style.

Sad but true! But ok, never mind. It's "up to me" to ignore those people.

It was a good thread before, so please let's return to the Topic.

thanks

Edited by vel_tins

I love NSR's i have more NSR knowledge in my little pinky finger than you ever will in your entire menstrating lifetime, and that includes helping whoever needs help without trying to make profit on them unlike yourself. I could give a rip if anyone takes my advice.

Here's a bigger tampon for you, plug it up.

Without adding gasoline to a fire...the SP model of the NSR is indeed rare, or becoming rare. It's an issue of supply and demand. There weren't that many of the SP models made (a whole hell of a lot of the RR models--hence the RR's are cheaper). The SP is now old, and attrition (accidents, abuse, wearing out) took out alot of these bikes. What else? ALOT of these bikes got bought in Thailand and shipped to Australia. They're both good for learners who are on a restricted license, and a bit of collector's bikes. If someone's selling an NSR SP for 50k baht, I can't say that it is a 'fantasy price'. Yeah, I few years ago when I was looking I could find alot of them for less than that. But that is a few years ago. Harder and harder to find. Also keep in mind that a bike that has been regularly maintained and taken care of is of course going to command a higher price. If it is is an immaculate NSR SP I don't think 50,000 baht is unreasonable at all. On the contrary, to think that you could get a mint condition low mileage NSR SP for 15k baht is not quite realistic either. If you get an NSR SP at this price, expect that you will need to do ALOT of work on it.

Without adding gasoline to a fire...the SP model of the NSR is indeed rare, or becoming rare. It's an issue of supply and demand. There weren't that many of the SP models made (a whole hell of a lot of the RR models--hence the RR's are cheaper). The SP is now old, and attrition (accidents, abuse, wearing out) took out alot of these bikes. What else? ALOT of these bikes got bought in Thailand and shipped to Australia. They're both good for learners who are on a restricted license, and a bit of collector's bikes. If someone's selling an NSR SP for 50k baht, I can't say that it is a 'fantasy price'. Yeah, I few years ago when I was looking I could find alot of them for less than that. But that is a few years ago. Harder and harder to find. Also keep in mind that a bike that has been regularly maintained and taken care of is of course going to command a higher price. If it is is an immaculate NSR SP I don't think 50,000 baht is unreasonable at all. On the contrary, to think that you could get a mint condition low mileage NSR SP for 15k baht is not quite realistic either. If you get an NSR SP at this price, expect that you will need to do ALOT of work on it.

and the amount of work depends on how reliable, and how well you want your bike to look and perform. Can you stand stock IRC ties, rust and corrosion,cracked scraped fairings, low(ish) top speed, 15 year old cables and piston, cylinder, completely used up suspension and chain, and more?

I cannot but some people can.

A mint condition low mileage SP would be 99% impossible to find, but a completely or heavily restored one - you have a better chance.

Some expensive parts need to be replaced, though, performance with never be the same as new with a 15 year old cylinder crank piston, RC valve never cleaned...etc...

Finally someone who understands, thank you maniac.

For what it's worth, the RR model will satisfy many people who have had 2 strokes or are new to them and the fun they can provide, and overall condition may not be such an issue for them as the fun of simply driving it!

Honda parts are always available, but the price depends on demand and where they are made, Japan being the most expensive. Some of the parts are getting very pricy (by Thai standards; lets remember we are here). I was told the list price for the rear shock was 10,000 baht, and the dealer would drop the price to 7k. When I had the NSR150R I was advised by the Honda dealer that some of the parts come from Japan (eg fuel sensor in the tank) and thus they are very expensive. You have to remember the first NSR was not 100% Thai content parts wise; large % content from Japan. I am not convinced all the SP parts are Thai sourced, since the bike (with a lower spec) was also made in Taiwan.

The bike strippers on mocyc.com are really charging up prices for parts for the SP now; a reflection on the cost of buying spares from Honda I would say.

The best source for a cheap bike remains Thais; alot of Thais don't see the value in keeping a bike like this (fuel economy/not auto/emissions/not the latest style), and thus you will get a cheap bike from a Thai. Buying upcountry would get an even cheaper price, at the cost of cleaning the built up dust and more repair required.

Again, my opinion, but I am sure you can follow my logic.

nah, i rebuilt alot of these bikes. You can get better aftermarket shocks for 5k baht, new cdi's, stators and almost every other part. The only thing ive ever had to wait for is the pro -arm cylinder, and that only took 2 days.

The deeper down you get into the NSR food chain, the better deals you find parts wise. If the dealer is your only option, youre severely limited.

Personally i wouldn't choose an SP pro arm as a street weapon, id go with the RR version, sprocket selection is limited with the pro arm. Basicly all youd have to do is port/enlarge the exhaust port on the cyclinder, get a pro arm exhaust and cdi. The exhaust is the hard part, but im pretty certain its just the mouth thats bigger.

The RR and Pro arm exhaust are FLAT underneath, the R versions are not.

Honda parts are always available, but the price depends on demand and where they are made, Japan being the most expensive. Some of the parts are getting very pricy (by Thai standards; lets remember we are here). I was told the list price for the rear shock was 10,000 baht, and the dealer would drop the price to 7k. When I had the NSR150R I was advised by the Honda dealer that some of the parts come from Japan (eg fuel sensor in the tank) and thus they are very expensive. You have to remember the first NSR was not 100% Thai content parts wise; large % content from Japan. I am not convinced all the SP parts are Thai sourced, since the bike (with a lower spec) was also made in Taiwan.

The bike strippers on mocyc.com are really charging up prices for parts for the SP now; a reflection on the cost of buying spares from Honda I would say.

The best source for a cheap bike remains Thais; alot of Thais don't see the value in keeping a bike like this (fuel economy/not auto/emissions/not the latest style), and thus you will get a cheap bike from a Thai. Buying upcountry would get an even cheaper price, at the cost of cleaning the built up dust and more repair required.

Again, my opinion, but I am sure you can follow my logic.

poor guy who started this topic, now has nothing to do with anyone replying "I've got one for sale", that's all he asked for

Hey Vel Twins, thanks for your clarification as to my post. I assumed that since you posted my username in your response, that you were referring to me in the following paragraph's BHT50k = Fantasyland comparison. No worries. In any case, being called a dreamer is more respectful than some brave guy who just called me a crook from the anonymity of his home computer... without ever having seen the actual bike, condition, expensive new OEM parts, aftermarket bits no less. Ah, the internet is fun, eh?

So, lets move back to the OP subject: the elusive BHT 20-25,000 NSR-sp project bike. Is anyone here seeing them for this price, on thai sites or expat sites, and have actually gone to see the bike in the flesh? Please advise in this forum so we can hook this guy up, follow his project progress, hours invested & fix-up expenditure so we can all know the true cost of a trackable NSR-150sp. I'm hoping we can start a casual 150cc sportbike amateur club racing class and have some fun. Anybody up?

Rubber side down, gents!

Ok, one more clarification.

MAYBE, "anyone anywhere" is willing to pay 50K, but that's surely not me.

A Bike in "mint" condition is boring.

If you read my first post's carefully, you should know, what I really want...

"Any condition and even non-runners" means, I am looking for something, that I can work with.

And if the Bike costs me at least 20K for repair and restoring, Ok! Up to me. But than I know, what's REALLY done!

And no, I don't want to go to a Racetrack. It's just for fun.

I will not die if I don't get a Bike now, but it would be nice, if I could work a little bit again...

peace :jap:

Edited by vel_tins

Ah, you should ride your NSR for a bit before deciding not to track it cool.gif perfect fit for that bike, and MUCH safer & more fun than riding in traffic in LOS.

Right boys, find the lad a project. And in fair game for anyone else interested, let's post any links & contact info publicly on this thread. Many folks could enjoy this bike!

Ah, you should ride your NSR for a bit before deciding not to track it cool.gif perfect fit for that bike, and MUCH safer & more fun than riding in traffic in LOS.

Right boys, find the lad a project. And in fair game for anyone else interested, let's post any links & contact info publicly on this thread. Many folks could enjoy this bike!

do you mean a NSR thread? Why not just start one?

I think, I found an interesting alternative for me.

The Phantom TA150. Seems to have the same engine, as the NSR SP.

Was very popular in Singapore.

I didn't know before, that a Phantom with this engine existed.

Going from a unique and capable sports 150 to an overweight 2 stroke chopper....wow, wow,wow

:blink: