Someone Wants To Get Rid Of His Nsr 150/250 Sp?

The thing is, some days ago, I could try a CBR 150 (ok not a NSR, but same Size) from a friend. But it seems, I am either to big (near 190 cm) or too old, or maybe both...after 10 minutes of riding, my legs felt numb and I didn't want to go one meter more. :unsure:

I suspect, a sportsbike which fits my size, is more in the 750cc and up, range.

But as I like those 2-Stroker (and their power), why not look for an alternative?

And not forget..its only a toy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, some days ago, I could try a CBR 150 (ok not a NSR, but same Size) from a friend. But it seems, I am either to big (near 190 cm) or too old, or maybe both...after 10 minutes of riding, my legs felt numb and I didn't want to go one meter more. :unsure:

But as I like those 2-Stroker (and their power), why not look for an alternative?

The CBR is narrower and shorter, or feels that way when when sitting on it,

Comparing to a 750cc bike is useless, apples and oranges, unless you plan to buy one

You can put higher bars on the NSR - my friend did it to his CBR and so he sits upright he really likes it.

If you want a 2 stroke continue your search for an SP or RR.

One that runs properly or mildly modified (pipe) will put a grin on your face and adrenaline in your veins.

CBRs are boring in comparison.

Agree, the "feeling" when riding this Bike, was really boring, and unfortunately painful.

But I tested this CBR only, because of the similar Seat Position.

I am sure you can't compare the engines, as the NSR has much more power, and probably a completely different power curve.

Yeah, when I remember my old Yammy RD 350 in Germany. A real beast, that was pure adrenalin, sometimes better than S*x.. :D

As my friend always said: "missing Kilos are the cheapest horsepowers"

Edited by vel_tins

Try sitting on a Yamaha TZM. The frame is larger than both a CBR and an NSR. The TZM is about the size of a full size bike.

Agree, the "feeling" when riding this Bike, was really boring, and unfortunately painful.

But I tested this CBR only, because of the similar Seat Position.

I am sure you can't compare the engines, as the NSR has much more power, and probably a completely different power curve.

Yeah, when I remember my old Yammy RD 350 in Germany. A real beast, that was pure adrenalin, sometimes better than S*x.. :D

As my friend always said: "missing Kilos are the cheapest horsepowers"

Beast! Wow. A Yamaha RD350 or RZ350 (water cooled version) can hardly be called a beast. I've owned 4. Or maybe you're comparing it to a Honda wave?

Or maybe you've never ridden a modern 1000 cc sportbike. I have to disagree with your choice of words.

Beast! Wow. A Yamaha RD350 or RZ350 (water cooled version) can hardly be called a beast. I've owned 4. Or maybe you're comparing it to a Honda wave?

Or maybe you've never ridden a modern 1000 cc sportbike. I have to disagree with your choice of words.

It was 25 or more years ago...not talking from nowadays. And as you stated before: "apples and oranges"

Edited by vel_tins