Car Insurance In Chiang Rai

Limbo

Relative many foreigners in Chiang Rai prefer 'Zürich' as my impression is. They are or were supposed to handle things well in case of damage. Now 'Zürich' changed its name into Thai Si. How will this work out in daily practice?

Of Vidhya I heard that they don't have 'no-claim' discounts after a year of damage free driving. And that they are quite high in price.

Of AIA I heard that they take over former 'no-claim' discounts, built up at other companies.

For foreigners the price for a first class insurance is about 3 to 4 thousand Baht higher than for Thai nationals. Anybody knows about an exception from this rule?

I also heard that it is not recommendable to buy the insurance from the dealer where you buy your car. Often it seems to be policy to offer a lower price on the car, just enough to buy the insurance, creating the impression you get the insurance for free. You will probably get the discount anyhow.

Please share your experience with us!

Limbo.

Relative many foreigners in Chiang Rai prefer 'Zürich' as my impression is. They are or were supposed to handle things well in case of damage. Now 'Zürich' changed its name into Thai Si. How will this work out in daily practice?

Of Vidhya I heard that they don't have 'no-claim' discounts after a year of damage free driving. And that they are quite high in price.

Of AIA I heard that they take over former 'no-claim' discounts, built up at other companies.

For foreigners the price for a first class insurance is about 3 to 4 thousand Baht higher than for Thai nationals. Anybody knows about an exception from this rule?

I also heard that it is not recommendable to buy the insurance from the dealer where you buy your car. Often it seems to be policy to offer a lower price on the car, just enough to buy the insurance, creating the impression you get the insurance for free. You will probably get the discount anyhow.

Please share your experience with us!

Limbo.

Hi Limbo

I have recently insured my vehicle fully comprehensive for the third year.

The first years insurance was over 20,000 baht, but after sucessive no claims bonuses it is now down to about 12000 baht.

The insurance company is AIG and I find them very good.

Probably better to shop around the main insurance companys.Sometimes the car dealers will give an incentive to new car purchasers by offering either free car insurance or low priced policies.

Beware of these,they will be the minimum possible and may be no better than the

''porabo'', the compulsary Thai government insurance.

I have been with AIG for about nine years.

Service has been excellent and making claims has been enjoyable.

When I first took out insurance they offered to give me a

NCB from my policy in UK, no-one else would do that.

My annual fully comp premium including compulsory insurance is now 11k baht