Watching The Nfl In Chiang Mai

mattloaf1

Can anyone recommend a good place in Chiang Mai to watch NFL games?

Live or tape-delayed?

preferably live, but tape-delayed would be okay. i understand live would be something like 2AM for the early sunday games, but i am certainly willing to sacrifice some sleep over it.

As I sit here in the US with my lovely lady watching the satellite transmission of four thai tv stations TGN and three other, I wonder if the reverse is possible in Thailand. Where I can sit watching american stations on my satellite watching the sports I favor such as baseball nfl, nhl, nba etc. I've watched a few superbowls in Thailand and another in China. Watched the nba game of the week throughout the region, but does a satellite company offer up american stations in Thailand? In particularily a station with baseball, or am I stuck with TCM and AMC for my viewing pleasure after we move to Chiang Mai?

I know MLB has a game package I can purchase and view on the internet, and I assume that the NFL might have the same, but my computer chair just isn't as comfortable as a sofa I can fall asleep on while the announcers voices drone on.

mogoso

preferably live, but tape-delayed would be okay. i understand live would be something like 2AM for the early sunday games, but i am certainly willing to sacrifice some sleep over it.

In case you didn't know: one of the UBC sports channels covers two Sunday afternoon NFL games live (one at midnight and one at 03:15 Monday morning, start times will move ahead an hour when the US switches from daylight savings time). ESPN carries both the Sunday night game live (Monday morning 07:30) and Monday Night Football live (Tuesday morning 08:30).

You might be able to catch the first half of the early Sunday afternoon game on a big TV in a bar before it closes, but for everything else you may have to view on a television in a hotel lobby.

The two Sunday afternoon games that UBC carries are repeated during the week. Check their website or the TV listings in the Bangkok Post or The Nation for airtimes. Seems like these replays are generally during the evening hours. You may be able to catch the rebroadcast of these two games on a big TV in a bar somewhere.