Beer Gardens Near Sukhumvit Soi 7

Pi Moo

We're staying at Amari Boulevard Hotel in October and want to find a decent beer garden/open air bar to go to in the evening within walking distance (up to half a mile). My wife and I were ripped off at the beer garden adjoining the hotel last year - so that's out.

Any suggestions (and directions) would be welcome - preferably places that have live music.

If by garden you actually mean somewhere surrounded by greenery then you may be hard pressed, but Gullivers on the same Soi as the Amari has a decent 'beergarden' out in front of it which is a decent place to watch the world roll by.

If memory serves me right the Bamboo Bar on Soi 3 (just through the Grace Hotel carpark used to have a beer garden of sorts as well.

Don't be fooled by the place named 'The Beergarden' on nearby Soi 7. Its not the kind of place to take the missus.........

Blake 7 and I went to the Soi 7 Beergarden on tesday.

Its full of scrofulous old men, morbidly obese and borderline sociopathic. Just sitting there looking grumpy and staring straight ahead.

Why do they go? They're not flirting with the girls.

Imagine being mounted by one of these pachyderms.

Gulliver's 'would be the best for beer drinking and Soi 7 Beer Garden for the hunt. I have heard that the old Singha House (Asoke) will be opening again soon. That used to be a cool place. Sukhumvit Soi 8 has a few places too. World Trade should start with the seasonal beer gradens. Not far on BTS. :D:o

Bus Stop Soi 4 is okay too! :D

Edited by ilyushin

The nicest place I know that resembles a beergarden is the Admiral Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 18 - about 500 meters in, with your back to Sukhumvit.

Most of the places mentioned below are mainly populated by pay-for-play ladies (except the Suan Luan Night Bazzar). The Bus Stop is probably the least "in-your-face" offensive of the lot, but you have to "walk the gauntlet" to get there. While down that way, there is also a rooftop biergarden on top of the building that forms the north side of the Rajah Hotel carpark - it is also pretty inoffensive. Get to it via the stairs leading up to Ball In Hand pool venue, and Sin Club.

Cheers!

Indo-Siam

Blake 7 and I went to the Soi 7 Beergarden on tesday.

Its full of scrofulous old men, morbidly obese and borderline sociopathic......

Easy does it, young man. Try to find a little charity in your heart, huh?

One of these days you'll probably be old and fat yourself; and as for the rest of your characterization, my own observation is that a large portion of the western hangers-on around Thailand of all ages could accurately be described as 'borderline sociopathic,' not just the older ones.