Good Hotels In Udon

schmokinn

stayed at the"Nepali" a couple of times but was less than impressed with the some aspects of the service and the seeming disinterest in providing even simple things like orange juice at breakfast!

anyway gripe over :o

anybody have any suggestions for good hotels in udon?

cheers schmokinn..

stayed at the"Nepali" a couple of times but was less than impressed with the some aspects of the service and the seeming disinterest in providing even simple things like orange juice at breakfast!

anyway gripe over :o

cheers schmokinn..

I like the Charoen, farrang friednly close to the center but not to close, Cheornse Grand next to complex, good place a bit expensive for my taste, both of these have pools. Karin is also wihtin three blocks of the complex not as expensive but I believe it woud be a real challenge to get orange juice. I've heard that City Lodge has great rooms, not to expensive and it is a farrang resturant, two blocks from the complex. Well we have now exhuasted my vast knowledge. You might want to try the web site Udonmap.com they might have soem recommendations in that area.

http://www.udonmap.com/topmansion/index.htm

Only 290 baht when I was there in May 2005. Just finished in January of 2005. Rooms clean, big enough, etc. but hard beds according to my friend who just stayed there. I didn't actually stay there but saw the rooms. Right across the street is a family laundry ....good work cheap price.

http://www.udonmap.com/thecitylodge/

I stayed here for 2 weeks in May 2005 and was pleased. I paid 600 baht a night and this includes a great breakfast of juice, coffee, eggs, sausage, etc. etc. Check the web site they have discounts for long stay as does "Top Mansion".

Top Mansion and City Lodge are within a short walk of each other and both are close enough to the main shopping center and also the night market. My Thai GF was impressed by City Lodge she really likes it.....rooms are big with nice furniture and tv,fridge,a'c, nice bathrooms. I'm back to Udon on October 27 and will be staying at City Lodge (unless you book my room!). Downside of City Lodge there are a small number of rooms....10 I think. Makes it hard to get one.

As a matter of fact City Lodge is where I first met my GF....she's a sweet heart (so far) and I can't wait to get back to her.

good luck schmokinn

anyway gripe over 

I stayed there and the same with the orange juice. Apart from that I liked it, nice pool.

"First Choice" recommended @ 280/290 - ( they have inhouse laundry too, internet on the first floor a very nice foyer where you can purchase beer/softies & coffee) other wise the Karin Hotel @ 400 includes a small breaky (get in early 400 rooms go quick they are the same room 700 later in the day) The 400/700 is similar to % of discounted seats on an areoplane same room/seat different price. There is a technical term for this just escapes me at the moment. (aha !! yield loading %'s achieved by yield analysis)(number of bums on seats @ x$ to achieve breakeven point over x months) :o

Edited by mijan24

anyway gripe over :D

cheers schmokinn..

Stayed at the Top Mansion in August. In house laundry, reasonably fast internet down stairs. The beds are very firm, no jumping on these ones.

Just down the road the Irish Clock has just opened, rooms are a bit more, bit not so far to stagger after a feed of Guiness. :o Better if you eat main meals out though I was underwhelmed by some of the food.

Chang

• 1 month later...

sawsadee all, i stayed at the napalai in october 2005, i liked it but my only complaint was the breakfast was always cold and there was never any orange juice, the only good thing at breakfst was the omelettes.

well now you all may think im nuts but i had a very strange experience at the napalai, i reckon its haunted. the last thing i expected in a modern thai hotel was a ghost. one day i had been swimiing at the napalai pool and i went beck to my room about 5 pm , the room went absolutlly freezing cold , i checked the air con but it was switched off , i went outside the room and it was still very warm outside. i went back into my room and it was really cold and so i was so cold that i got into the bed with my clothes on.that night i was sleeping with my thai lady , i awoke in the night having a bad nightmare, i felt like i was being attacked by lots of bees, when i awoke i really sensed something evil in the room , the feeling was very very strong now at this time i thought it must just be me, maybe id been drinking too much singha , but then my girl awoke and she was shit scared , i asked her what was wrong and she said that she had a terrible dream about "many people dead already" then she wanted to go to the toilet but was so scared she asked me to go with her , i asked her what was wrong and she said she felt there was a ghost in the toilet. well id never believe it if it hadnt of happened to me , but i swear that day that room was haunted by something, after i had no problems at all it was just the one night.well i dont know if anyone else has had the same experience . anyway apart from that night i did enjoy the napali and especially the disco at night time.

regards scooty

sawsadee all, i stayed at the napalai in october 2005, i liked it but my only complaint was the breakfast was always cold and there was never any orange juice, the only good thing at breakfst was the omelettes.

well now you all may think im nuts but i had a very strange experience at the napalai, i reckon its haunted. the last thing i expected in a modern thai hotel was a ghost. one day i had been swimiing at the napalai pool and i went beck to my room about 5 pm , the room went absolutlly freezing cold , i checked the air con but it was switched off , i went outside the room and it was still very warm outside. i went back into my room and it was really cold and so i was so cold that i got into the bed with my clothes on.that night i was sleeping with my thai lady , i awoke in the night having a bad nightmare, i felt like i was being attacked by lots of bees, when i awoke i really sensed something evil in the room , the feeling was very very strong now at this time i thought it must just be me, maybe id been drinking too much singha , but then my girl awoke and she was shit scared , i asked her what was wrong and she said that she had a terrible dream about "many people dead already" then she wanted to go to the toilet but was so scared she asked me to go with her , i asked her what was wrong and she said she felt there was a ghost in the toilet. well id never believe it if it hadnt of happened to me , but i swear that day that room was haunted by something, after i had no problems at all it was just the one night.well i dont know if anyone else has had the same experience . anyway apart from that night i did enjoy the napali and especially the disco at night time.

regards scooty

Tis Thailand, many of the guys who served here in the military have some gerat ghost stories. We stayed in a Hotel in Hua Hin a few weeks ago after I had rented the romm a farrang friedn told me of a murder at the hotl. I don't know if we had the saem room or not. But I still haven't told my wife about it.

I'm boring all my ghost stories are from the states but I do have a few.

Never stayed at any hotel in Udon besides Charoensri Grand next to the mall or the Ban Chiang hotel. The location of the Chaorensri is unbeatable but I think the Ban Chiang is a better hotel with a very good breakfast. These are the top two hotels in Udon I am told. For being in Issan they're not at all bad.

Ban Chiang Hotel

Chaorensri Grand