Offered Land

costas

hello all,

been offered some land today,

dimensions of the plot are 18x80 m , so a bit sort of a rai.

Distance from main road (201, Loei-ChiangKhan), 1km, all asphalt, till 5 meters from the land.

Electricity and all, are there. land does not need filling.

The owner did not put the price up when hearing of a farang interested.

The land titles are (haven't seen them) ok, and not of the TT3 kind , but the next one down the list (forget the name..). have been advised that building is not a problem (not by the owner...)

trying to figure out whats the catch, since i think the asking price is on the low side (i think :o ) . Iam being asked for 60k Baht.

Does it make sense? Any suggestions/opinions/input from local-ish land 'owners'

would be greatly appreciated..

cheers

costas

hello all,

Distance from main road (201, Loei-ChiangKhan), 1km, all asphalt, till 5 meters from the land.

The land titles are (haven't seen them) ok, and not of the TT3 kind , but the next one down the list (forget the name..). have been advised that building is not a problem (not by the owner...)

trying to figure out whats the catch, since i think the asking price is on the low side (i think  :o ) . Iam being asked for 60k Baht.

Does it make sense? Any suggestions/opinions/input  from local-ish land 'owners'

cheers

costas

Hi Costas, You THINK you are being asked 60K Bht. :D Earlier this year I looked at a similar sized block about 5 k's outside of Buriram. 500 mtrs off the main Road, elevated with nice views. While the wife and I were looking at it, a friend of the wifes cycled past. After learing that the friend only lived around the corner, I asked my wife to ask her if she knew how much the block was. Without hesitation, she replied Sixty Thousand Baht. I thought that was a bit on the cheap side for the size and position. Anyway she was adament that was the price. Well I spent the next 3 days dreaming of what sort of house we would build, which way it would face, how many rooms etc etc etc. Finally, we contacted the owner in Buriram, only to be told the land was 600,000 Bht :D And to put things in perspective, I just paid 550,000 Bht for a small 660 Sq Mtr Block 2 Klms from the Buriram CBD. So, if it is really 60K, I think it may be a bargain. But as usual, I stand to be corrected :D Good luck with any purchase you make Costa. It is certainly a good feeling :D

If there are other houses all around then 60k is probably about right. In the north in our village a one rai plot that is one kilometer off the main road which is a really main road and within 30 kilometers of the muang (capital city) a one rai parcel can be had for 100k rai and it will be on the edge of the village. I think that the land here is more expensive than there in general so it seems about right to me.....a lot 18m wide is kind of narrow though...it means if you build near the road and others do the same then your neighbors will be very close.

I have been looking at a piece of property outside of Buriram. It is 6 Rai, 100m from the Huay Ratt road next to a resevoir.

The local rice barron (owner) is asking 80,000 bht/rai as long as the whole parcel is purchased.

So, 60,000 does sound somewhat in the ballpark.

hello all,

trying to figure out whats the catch, since i think the asking price is on the low side (i think  :o ) . Iam being asked for 60k Baht.

Does it make sense? Any suggestions/opinions/input  from local-ish land 'owners'

cheers

costas

The price sounds Ok if it is saleable. You need to find out exactly what the title is.

Nor Sor 3 (Gor), presumably, if you have such accurate measurements. If not this, forget it, as you might find your 18 metres is reduced to 10. :D

thanks all,

yes it is a NorSor 3 afterall.

since it appears that i can find nothing wrong with it, i'll be purchasing, and see what happens...60 k is not a great amount anyway, and if it sounds right...

cheers

costas

I have bought land in Buriram from 25,000 per rai up to 100,000 per rai, all depends where it is situated, if there is electric near by, concrete road, and how many KMs from the town, I have just bought 4 Rai 4 Kms outside Buriram, down the concrete road to my house for 200,000 which is a good deal, all this land is built up and eletric all on site. my wife and i now have about 84 rai.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am looking to buy 3 ria in small village were every one seems to be aunt or cousin to my girlfriend, I am buying at 40 000 per rai.well for 3 ria on road with water and eletricy availble..and i can purchase another 16 for same price ..but thats more farm than for building.

Can any one give me a contact who will do the building work.

cheers

Mac a new comer ...

Mac12345,

Since you have given us no information about where you are planning to build, what style of house you want, what your price range is, what quality you would like to achieve, or any other useful information about your situation.....the best I think that can be said is that some Thai people will probably build your house.

Chownah

Thanks... am sure Thai's will build the house.. I am looking at a hybrid house, part thai and part ferang, want a house that meets my needs yet does not stcik out like a sore thump next to locals.

I have a budget about 600 000 - 1.5 million and i Have 3 rai to build on, is on a road which is dirt road about half kil from concrete road and about 3 kil from main road.

there is a phone box on this dirt road and has about 4 houses spaced near it.

I would like to buld wall around the land , but note no locals have walls just little fences.

the village is called Ban chaingam ..about 20 kil from philbunmangsahan..and title is norsor 3 not chanote .. not sure what difference is .

Mmmm what would be the best way for me (ferang Scottish) to purchase this land, i think putting in Girlfriends name , and have her lease land back to me then i start building house.

we are not married yet, no rush. But she is from the Village and we plan to move there for about 4 months a year and the rest in London till we move lock stock and barrell.

I hear many say set up company, do this and do that, But am not sure what is the best route ..I am glad i stumble accross the medium, it has assisted with a wide range of questions I have had.

Thanks... am sure Thai's will build the house.. I am looking at a hybrid house, part thai and part ferang, want a house that meets my needs yet does not stcik out like a sore thump next to locals.

I have a budget about 600 000 - 1.5 million and i Have 3 rai to build on, is on a road which is dirt road about half kil from concrete road and about 3 kil from main road.

there is a phone box on this dirt road and has about 4 houses spaced near it.

I would like to buld wall around the land , but note no locals have walls just little fences.

the village is called Ban chaingam ..about 20 kil from philbunmangsahan..and title is norsor 3 not chanote .. not sure what difference is .

It seems that you do not want to oversee the work force yourself and you want to build a house that is significantly different than what is typical in the area. These two factors probably rule out hiring your neighbors to build your house UNLESS there happens to be a professional contractor with some experience building houses similar to what you want. Ask around locally if there are any professoinal builders (not farmers that do this in their spare time..like in my village) and then go look at the houses they have built. Keep looking until you find someone who has already built a house that has some/most of the features that you want. It may be more difficult to do this than you think....for instance in my village no one really knows of any companies that do this because all the houses are standard village construction and were done by the locals themselves....with the exception of one family who had money from a successful road construction business and had contacts in the building trades. If you are lucky then someone in your village will know of someone.

A warning: No matter who you get to build your house be ready for some frustrations and disappointment. Even well established contractors with lots of experience often build houses with alot of problems...look around TV and you'll find lots of stories or ask around among farangs and you'll almost suredly find some stories. Just be ready for this and try to stay calm and don't show your anger or frustration because it will not help to do this and in some cases can be very very counter productive. Any problem in a house can be fixed....a friendship gone bad over a display of anger can be much more difficult to fix.

hello all,

cheers

costas

there i would beware of building a house away from a built up area theft is a big problem ive got friends who can not go away for the day without been robbed

if its cheap there is a reason/ i own 10 rai our should i say i bought ten rai 150000

on 1 side of village near water which is very important

on the other side 7000 baht a rai no water

you can rent a brand new home in udon thani for 5000 baht a month

slow but sure is the best way to do things out here then even then you need lady luck

good luck

ps its cheap out here but mistakes are exspensive