Chiang Mai, Loi Kroh Road

Beetlejuice

TBH compared to other places like BKK, Phuket and Pattaya, the P4P scene in Chiang Mai is tiny so im not sure why you are getting so hot under the collar. Aldo ladyboys and katoeys have always been a part of Thailand and always will. Your just a farang there so it's not for you to say what should be done there just because you may not agree with it.

Why not?

The bars on Loi Kroh cater exclusively to foreigners not Thai's, so why can't a foreigner voice an opinion?

Does that mean tourists should start giving patong and pattaya makeovers too?

The posters on here that are taking offence the most are possibly those that own the bars and parlours in the Loi Kroh road. Threads like this can be bad for business. I fully expected some comments like these.

I am not suggesting that the place should be closed down, only that it is my opinion the area is grot and is in need of a major clean up, clean up meaning as in hygiene and a revamp, not in closing down. Something new, refreshing and interesting. Needs a new sparkle put into the place.

Yesterday mentioned some vile, perverse acts. I haven’t been so lucky yet as to have partaked in any vile, perverse acts, sober or drunk. If anyone knows where these are happening, please send me invite and I`ll supply the drinks.

I dont mind admitting I am a fairly regular visitor to LK road and have been for nigh on 5 years and it looks pretty much the same it did 5 years ago as for the description of the OP view of people that drink there I wonder if he looks down on people the same if they are drinking in The Wild Boar (no girlies) the Old Bell (no girlies) or another few bars that dont offer girlies but decent fellows such as myself :rolleyes: often spend way more time in these bars than the girlie bars.

I will admit that the girls are a bit rough to say the least and there a slim pickings for the tourists but its still more fun hanging out there even if I am not in the market for whats on offer

I have NEVER seen a rat around the beer bars although I have seen hundreds when I head down to Mcdonalds after a night out so maybe they can clean the Night Bazarr which has a rat epidemic but I dont really care I kinda like looking at the Rats, in fact I even share Big Mac with them.:D

DK

TBH compared to other places like BKK, Phuket and Pattaya, the P4P scene in Chiang Mai is tiny so im not sure why you are getting so hot under the collar. Aldo ladyboys and katoeys have always been a part of Thailand and always will. Your just a farang there so it's not for you to say what should be done there just because you may not agree with it.

Why not?

The bars on Loi Kroh cater exclusively to foreigners not Thai's, so why can't a foreigner voice an opinion?

Does that mean tourists should start giving patong and pattaya makeovers too?

I don't think the OP is a tourist.

Anyone can pass an opinion, just as you are doing. wink.gif

You seem rather concerned for someone that claims to have never even visited the place and was seeking advice on places to visit.

So what`s the deal here?

You seem rather concerned for someone that claims to have never even visited the place and was seeking advice on places to visit.

So what`s the deal here?

Why do you think there is a "deal here" the guy is entitled to his opinion same as you. What he is saying is in most respects correct.

If there's a part of town that really needs cleaning up because of the age of the whores it's further down Loy Kroh. Tucked away down a veritable sleaze alley behind the D2 hotel, off Thapae Soi 1, is a group of gay bars where half the freelancers look like they should be still in school. I can't understand why a premier hotel chain such as Dusit puts up with such venues in their back yard.

Interesting video documentary filmed only a few months ago about what really goes on there in This article.

If there's a part of town that really needs cleaning up because of the age of the whores it's further down Loy Kroh. Tucked away down a veritable sleaze alley behind the D2 hotel, off Thapae Soi 1, is a group of gay bars where half the freelancers look like they should be still in school.

That's done it, you won't be able to move down there tonight. wink.gif

If there's a part of town that really needs cleaning up because of the age of the whores it's further down Loy Kroh. Tucked away down a veritable sleaze alley behind the D2 hotel, off Thapae Soi 1, is a group of gay bars where half the freelancers look like they should be still in school.

That's done it, you won't be able to move down there tonight. wink.gif

Naa........... its too seedy, dirty and squalid :lol::P

Ok everyone I think we need to take a step back and chill out. I suggest some drinks and food... shall we say meet up at some bar on Loi Kroh road?

lol

Is that before or after you've been down to the nearest RTA base to sign out a couple of M16s. What a load of ......

Either you've been to LOS/CM before, and for some reason you are not being straight, or you just like to make out that you have been.

Folks are always happy to help out with advice, suggestions and sometimes even criticisms, but no one likes being messed around.

Ok everyone I think we need to take a step back and chill out. I suggest some drinks and food... shall we say meet up at some bar on Loi Kroh road?

lol

Couldn`t agree more, the best post yet.

We could take in some beers, women of ill repute and find out where all these vile and perverse acts are happening, I`ll have some of that. I`m not fussy if the area is dirty or not, providing the beer is cold and the girls are hot.

And if any of my comments have caused, distress, or some have found them unacceptable, tough titties.

Please stay tuned for my next thread beginning on Saturday called; Why I want to see the whole of Chiang Mai city area napalmed, it`s inhabitants shot and the customers deported.

I love the place the way it is... :D

Normally make it there around 3-4 times a year, meet a few friends with our wives at Jammers Delight than bar hop down to Chiangmai Saloon. Pretty much takes up the evening.....

Would hate to see it get domesticated and sterile. :bah:

Edited by Diablo Bob

Huh? Have you been to Thailand/Chiang Mai? Oh yeah ... no :)

I have to admit the red light scene in CNX went downhill in a hurry when the former PM took over. I still remember the police in numbers standing in front of the bars at 9-10-11 PM just to intimidate the patrons. He sent Bangkok BIB's up as I recall. I'm sure my perspective has changed over the years but back then when John's Place had girls soaping each other down and the bathtub in the middle of the horseshoe bar it drew a lot of customers. Stairway to Heaven comes to mind as well as many others. When there were a lot of customers there were a lot of younger girls looking to make a living. When the closing hours changed and there were surprise visits by the BIB's, the customers left and so did the stunners. Off to greener pastures. Too bad, it used to be fun.

Loi Kroh Road, seedy,dirty and aqualid ? I'm sure the Old Belle end of Loi Kroh will really appreciate that comment. As for your friend having to flee from a massage parlour because the girl wanted a tip ,you can't be serious... hope he managed to put his clothes back on :rolleyes: you've made my day.

I'm a bit peturbed at you describing us as 'The Olde Bell end' of Loi Kroh Rd!!! I know Uptheos would subscribe to such a view, but I expected better of you Sparkles!!

The posters on here that are taking offence the most are possibly those that own the bars and parlours in the Loi Kroh road. Threads like this can be bad for business. I fully expected some comments like these.

I am not suggesting that the place should be closed down, only that it is my opinion the area is grot and is in need of a major clean up, clean up meaning as in hygiene and a revamp, not in closing down. Something new, refreshing and interesting. Needs a new sparkle put into the place.

Yesterday mentioned some vile, perverse acts. I haven't been so lucky yet as to have partaked in any vile, perverse acts, sober or drunk. If anyone knows where these are happening, please send me invite and I`ll supply the drinks.

On the contrary old chap, it's post's like yours that give Loi Kroh its certain....mystique! I've seen Loi Kroh Rd over nearly 18 years and I've lived on the street for 5 years and I can tell you that, in general. it's a fine street with bars and restaurants, hotels and guesthouses, Traditional Thai massage venues, and a dozen or so girlie bars at one end. On some nights I admit there are a quota of drunken Farangs and drunken bar girls and especially drunken Katoeys who can lower the tone later on, but as a street its ALIVE in the evening - there are street vendors, hustlers, spivs, locals, tourists, people from around the world. You can eat British, French, Mediterranean, Mexican, Indian, Japanese, Italian and many kinds of Thai food, you can while away pleasant hours in an outside bar (or in The Olde Bell of course!) watching the world go by.

Keep knocking the street though, thats what keeps the crowds coming!!

I have to admit the red light scene in CNX went downhill in a hurry when the former PM took over. I still remember the police in numbers standing in front of the bars at 9-10-11 PM just to intimidate the patrons. He sent Bangkok BIB's up as I recall. I'm sure my perspective has changed over the years but back then when John's Place had girls soaping each other down and the bathtub in the middle of the horseshoe bar it drew a lot of customers. Stairway to Heaven comes to mind as well as many others. When there were a lot of customers there were a lot of younger girls looking to make a living. When the closing hours changed and there were surprise visits by the BIB's, the customers left and so did the stunners. Off to greener pastures. Too bad, it used to be fun.

You are a man after my own heart, my sentiments exactly.

Some years ago, being in Chiang Mai was fun; a party every night is how we used to describe it.

I can remember the nine stars bar, the Wild Orchid mostly Hill Tribe girls in there and just outside they served some great pizzas. Then there was the Smiling Monkey restaurant.

John’s Place was the place to be, secondary to the Spot lite. Across the road from Spot lite was the Paradise bar, also owned at one time by the owners of Spot lite, I believe.

There was a wonderful open Thai fish restaurant in the area, cant remember the name, served the best Tab Tim fish in Chiang Mai, a big meal for only 60 baht.

The Las Vagas was in full swing, rough and ready, but fun.

I could go on and on.

We hardly visited the bars and massage parlours in the Loi Kroh road, there were by far much better places around the city.

What days, before it all became grot.

Loy Kroh centre of prostitution for white men in CM

News flash ..... massage parlours in this area may me hiding naughty girls.

Katoeys in Moon Muang ..... quite fun for a chat sometimes, you should try it.

PS

If you find Loy Kroh seedy and rundown, you should take a look at the Thai naughty areas.

I find 30 year olds selling themselves far less seedy than 13 year olds selling themselves.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I think Loi Kroh Road is great. Every city needs a bit of seedy, even Singapore recognizes that. And nobody who goes to Loi Kroh complains on the forum if someone there tries to short change them or attempt some other type of "crime". Just good fun for a group of adults who enjoy it.

Huh? Have you been to Thailand/Chiang Mai? Oh yeah ... no

Besides the point, which is... that regardless of if i've been, im right.

There is somethng for everyone. The Nimmenhamen part of Chiang Mai is probably more suitable to your taste. I over look the few low class joints and the occasional boor. I can find them in every town.

This is more like what I see along Loy Kroh... just friendly people enjoying themselves. In the past 8 years I've never had a bad experience there despite spending most evenings in that part of town.

Number_1_bar_girls_2.sized.jpg

Loi_Kroh_Road_023.jpg

I'll admit the street massage parlours on Loy Kroh leave a lot to be desired, but those gals have not much else to offer. If you get a reasonable massage at not too high a price then what else do you want.

In the day time it doesn't look any dirtier than any other part of Chiang Mai. Maybe the dirt is in the mind of the OP.

Loi_Kroh_1.jpg

Loi_Kroh_2.jpg

Just edited to note that not all women working on Loy Kroh bars are for rent on a P4P basis. In fact many are married or have boy friends.

Edited by IanForbes

There is somethng for everyone. The Nimmenhamen part of Chiang Mai is probably more suitable to your taste. I over look the few low class joints and the occasional boor. I can find them in every town.

This is more like what I see along Loy Kroh... just friendly people enjoying themselves. In the past 8 years I've never had a bad experience there despite spending most evenings in that part of town.

I'll admit the street massage parlours on Loy Kroh leave a lot to be desired, but those gals have not much else to offer. If you get a reasonable massage at not too high a price then what else do you want.

In the day time it doesn't look any dirtier than any other part of Chiang Mai. Maybe the dirt is in the mind of the OP.

Just edited to note that not all women working on Loy Kroh bars are for rent on a P4P basis. In fact many are married or have boy friends.

I'm disgusted at the seediness and the squalor. Good pics by the way. :rolleyes:

Huh? Have you been to Thailand/Chiang Mai? Oh yeah ... no

Besides the point, which is... that regardless of if i've been, im right.

Ummm no, actually you aren't. Thankfully, much of the "scene" isn't so in your face in CNX and it is less oriented towards foreign tourists, but it is pretty large and diverse. The internet wouldn't tell you this though (nor would the common experience of tourists and most foreigners.)

After living off Huay Kaew for six months, and then Sukhumvit in BKK for another five, I decided to do an experiment in downscaling and moved to a place about 75 feet from Wat Loi Kroh. After two months, I've gotten well past first impressions, and now think of Loi Kroh as a very complex and entertaining neighborhood. There's a little bit of in-your-face sleaze, but let's face it: Chiang Mai isn't exactly a hub of major league sin, and most of the BGs turn out to be living in fear of running into someone from their home town out in the sticks. If they're over thirty, there's probably a good reason. Many have been working the same bars since they were in their teens, and one "thirty-year-old" I know about has actually spent 20 years around Loi Kroh.

As for the massage game, the ardently promoted 500 baht demonstration of manual dexterity is very much an industry standard all over the country. Nothing Loi Kroh about it. If you don't care for that sort of thing, get a clue and ask for Thai instead of oil massage. The girls aren't insensitive to the possibility of an easy cash harvest when a well-oiled, visibly excited naked man lies in front of them for an hour. 500 baht pays for the day's gas ration and a cup of coffee, you know, and it's just a couple minutes' work.

post-91669-0-75654100-1303903138_thumb.j

• Like 1