BANGKOK 25 March 2019 09:23
Sign in to follow this  
Beetlejuice

Chiang Mai, Loi Kroh Road

TBH compared to other places like BKK, Phuket and Pattaya, the P4P scene in Chiang Mai is tiny so im not sure why you are getting so hot under the collar. Aldo ladyboys and katoeys have always been a part of Thailand and always will. Your just a farang there so it's not for you to say what should be done there just because you may not agree with it.

Why not?

The bars on Loi Kroh cater exclusively to foreigners not Thai's, so why can't a foreigner voice an opinion?

Does that mean tourists should start giving patong and pattaya makeovers too?

The posters on here that are taking offence the most are possibly those that own the bars and parlours in the Loi Kroh road. Threads like this can be bad for business. I fully expected some comments like these.

I am not suggesting that the place should be closed down, only that it is my opinion the area is grot and is in need of a major clean up, clean up meaning as in hygiene and a revamp, not in closing down. Something new, refreshing and interesting. Needs a new sparkle put into the place.

Yesterday mentioned some vile, perverse acts. I haven’t been so lucky yet as to have partaked in any vile, perverse acts, sober or drunk. If anyone knows where these are happening, please send me invite and I`ll supply the drinks.

I dont mind admitting I am a fairly regular visitor to LK road and have been for nigh on 5 years and it looks pretty much the same it did 5 years ago as for the description of the OP view of people that drink there I wonder if he looks down on people the same if they are drinking in The Wild Boar (no girlies) the Old Bell (no girlies) or another few bars that dont offer girlies but decent fellows such as myself :rolleyes: often spend way more time in these bars than the girlie bars.

I will admit that the girls are a bit rough to say the least and there a slim pickings for the tourists but its still more fun hanging out there even if I am not in the market for whats on offer

I have NEVER seen a rat around the beer bars although I have seen hundreds when I head down to Mcdonalds after a night out so maybe they can clean the Night Bazarr which has a rat epidemic but I dont really care I kinda like looking at the Rats, in fact I even share Big Mac with them.:D

DK

TBH compared to other places like BKK, Phuket and Pattaya, the P4P scene in Chiang Mai is tiny so im not sure why you are getting so hot under the collar. Aldo ladyboys and katoeys have always been a part of Thailand and always will. Your just a farang there so it's not for you to say what should be done there just because you may not agree with it.

Why not?

The bars on Loi Kroh cater exclusively to foreigners not Thai's, so why can't a foreigner voice an opinion?

Does that mean tourists should start giving patong and pattaya makeovers too?

I don't think the OP is a tourist.

Anyone can pass an opinion, just as you are doing. wink.gif

You seem rather concerned for someone that claims to have never even visited the place and was seeking advice on places to visit.

So what`s the deal here?

You seem rather concerned for someone that claims to have never even visited the place and was seeking advice on places to visit.

So what`s the deal here?

Why do you think there is a "deal here" the guy is entitled to his opinion same as you. What he is saying is in most respects correct.

If there's a part of town that really needs cleaning up because of the age of the whores it's further down Loy Kroh. Tucked away down a veritable sleaze alley behind the D2 hotel, off Thapae Soi 1, is a group of gay bars where half the freelancers look like they should be still in school. I can't understand why a premier hotel chain such as Dusit puts up with such venues in their back yard.

Interesting video documentary filmed only a few months ago about what really goes on there in This article.

Ok everyone I think we need to take a step back and chill out. I suggest some drinks and food... shall we say meet up at some bar on Loi Kroh road?

lol

If there's a part of town that really needs cleaning up because of the age of the whores it's further down Loy Kroh. Tucked away down a veritable sleaze alley behind the D2 hotel, off Thapae Soi 1, is a group of gay bars where half the freelancers look like they should be still in school.

That's done it, you won't be able to move down there tonight. wink.gif

If there's a part of town that really needs cleaning up because of the age of the whores it's further down Loy Kroh. Tucked away down a veritable sleaze alley behind the D2 hotel, off Thapae Soi 1, is a group of gay bars where half the freelancers look like they should be still in school.

That's done it, you won't be able to move down there tonight. wink.gif

Naa........... its too seedy, dirty and squalid :lol::P

Ok everyone I think we need to take a step back and chill out. I suggest some drinks and food... shall we say meet up at some bar on Loi Kroh road?

lol

Is that before or after you've been down to the nearest RTA base to sign out a couple of M16s. What a load of ......

Either you've been to LOS/CM before, and for some reason you are not being straight, or you just like to make out that you have been.

Folks are always happy to help out with advice, suggestions and sometimes even criticisms, but no one likes being messed around.

lol

Couldn`t agree more, the best post yet.

We could take in some beers, women of ill repute and find out where all these vile and perverse acts are happening, I`ll have some of that. I`m not fussy if the area is dirty or not, providing the beer is cold and the girls are hot.

And if any of my comments have caused, distress, or some have found them unacceptable, tough titties.

Please stay tuned for my next thread beginning on Saturday called; Why I want to see the whole of Chiang Mai city area napalmed, it`s inhabitants shot and the customers deported.

Yes, I also wondered if this was a guilt fueled rant The OP often seems to find his way down LK!

:jap:

David

And the OP posting at 1.50 am in the morning ??? knock back ,pay back :lol:

• Like 1

Seedy, dirty and squalid………Great news, I stopped going down there….As it all got a bit domesticated a while back. Now where did I leave my; “hey, hansom man shirt" too.

I love the place the way it is... :D

Normally make it there around 3-4 times a year, meet a few friends with our wives at Jammers Delight than bar hop down to Chiangmai Saloon. Pretty much takes up the evening.....

Would hate to see it get domesticated and sterile. :bah:

Edited by Diablo Bob