Chiang Mai, Loi Kroh Road

Beetlejuice

weyyy heyyy thai visas uploaing pictures for a change : )

coffin.

re .. In all honesty I was expecting to be 'flamed' as a new member etc

some of us who live in chiang mai like to play with / humour new members : )

its only if you come across as a real a#shole or plonker that you get problems from some

here are the pics i couldnt upload last time ... enjoy your visit .

dave2

post-42592-0-49063800-1307709749_thumb.j

post-42592-0-61180700-1307709785_thumb.j

post-42592-0-87482400-1307710074_thumb.j

dave2, thanks for sharing those pictures. Looks lovely, I note they were taken in January. I hope my trip isn't too troubled by the 'rainy season' come September. It was not a problem last year although we were much further south

You have intrigued me with the below, least not as I have no idea what you are referring to!

we cant have you seeing number 8 , 12 . 16 , and my favorite number 23 for a whole 5 nights

:D

"Personally I would like to see the whole area levelled and replaced with new decent Western style restaurants" - Beetlejuice

You sure don't like Asia. Why don't you just go back to Farangstan where there are plenty of "Western style restaurants"?

"Personally I would like to see the whole area levelled and replaced with new decent Western style restaurants" - Beetlejuice

You sure don't like Asia. Why don't you just go back to Farangstan where there are plenty of "Western style restaurants"?

Yes you`re right.

Sorry to have upset you, my bags are packed and I`m off to Farangland tonight.

Is it alright with you if I come back for a visit from time to time? Promise I`ll stay out of your way and could anyone feed the cat when I`m gone?

Perhaps the long anticipated opening of Lolitas CM will offer more stable employment opportunities,add a touch of color to L K road area, and fill us with tumescent civic pride :lol:

Lolitas is indeed a fine institution and would be warmly welcomed in Chiang Mai. :D

:thumbsup: Yes!

It could then be included on the international, famous and best selling Lonely Planet Guide to Loi Kroh Rd, which is written on a postage stamp.

I love Loi Kroh... I love the fact that the girls are old slappers... I love the fact that the bars are small and run down and only have a couple of old slappers on offer... I love that you can ring the bell, and BOTH of the girls working there will treat you like a king for a short while...

I am not interested in taking a girl home... I like to play pool and run amok with the 'girls', get drunk as an idiot, and know I will wake up with a massive hangover, and nothing else... in fact, as long as they aren't mental, I don't care if they weren't born girls...

I tell them straight up I won't be taking them home... if they are old slappers they will have no problem hanging around for drinks money, to kick my arse at pool, get a good tip at the end of the night, and actually seem quite happy when a good looking 30 year old (I used to be) flirts with them and tells them they have a good arse...

Old slappers have good personalities.. young hotties are zombies, who just want short time gains, and don't even make you feel good about giving it to them...

Give me the old slappers of Loi Kroh any day...

(In the interest of full disclosure, I should state that I am currently in Samoa, where you add a zero to the girls age to get her weight in Kg, and where at 10:30 on a Friday night I am surfing TV, about to turn in for a night of re-runs on the idiot box... make Loi Kroh seem like Vegas, doesn't it...)

Daewoo

Edited by Daewoo

Compared to the younger beached whales in North America, Australia and Europe - the older slappers of Loi Kroh look pretty good. ;)

I see their Western feminists' guru Germaine Greer is now saying when British troops risk their lives for their country, they are rapists; when father's kiss their daughters, they are pedophiles.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/3631855/Germaine-Greers-rape-smear-against-our-troops.html

Despite Loi Kroi, I am so grateful I live in Chiang Mai.

Edited by Loaded

I love Loi Kroh... I love the fact that the girls are old slappers... I love the fact that the bars are small and run down and only have a couple of old slappers on offer... I love that you can ring the bell, and BOTH of the girls working there will treat you like a king for a short while...

I am not interested in taking a girl home... I like to play pool and run amok with the 'girls', get drunk as an idiot, and know I will wake up with a massive hangover, and nothing else... in fact, as long as they aren't mental, I don't care if they weren't born girls...

I tell them straight up I won't be taking them home... if they are old slappers they will have no problem hanging around for drinks money, to kick my arse at pool, get a good tip at the end of the night, and actually seem quite happy when a good looking 30 year old (I used to be) flirts with them and tells them they have a good arse...

Old slappers have good personalities.. young hotties are zombies, who just want short time gains, and don't even make you feel good about giving it to them...

Give me the old slappers of Loi Kroh any day...

(In the interest of full disclosure, I should state that I am currently in Samoa, where you add a zero to the girls age to get her weight in Kg, and where at 10:30 on a Friday night I am surfing TV, about to turn in for a night of re-runs on the idiot box... make Loi Kroh seem like Vegas, doesn't it...)

Daewoo

:thumbsup: Great Post! Agree completely, and my attitude is much the same.

Wow BJ, 7,500 views, I bet you didn't realise Loi Kroh hits at the heart of so many. ;)

Tell me: What is the difference between the girls of Loi Kroh and those women who marry you for money. I think the difference is that the guys who go down to these girlie bars know what they're getting and what they are paying for - perfectly OK if that is what you need. I don't need that but I married a Thai girl six years ago. A civil engineer by training, highly intelligent, great language skills and so on. Not the best looking girl by far, but someone I liked and thought we'd get on. Six years later she turns out to have married me for money (and for no other reason), was a liar by any stretch of the imagination and a thief - she stole money out of the joint house account to buy presents for a Thai boyfriend and so on. She was a nasty bully who decided she could squeeze no more out of me and lied her way through a divorce this year. In those six years she earned far more than the poor girls of Loi Kroh. So there is no difference - they both sell themselves for money. In six years she earned over 5 million from me and I think that puts the girls on Loi Kroh in the shade. My guess is that it would take the most expert of them 20 years to earn that amount. So well done ex-wife, you fooled me and this is a warning to guys who'd rather marry their chosen one than frequent Loi Kroh. It costs a lot more and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Edited by ianf

Compared to the younger beached whales in North America, Australia and Europe - the older slappers of Loi Kroh look pretty good. ;)

I see their Western feminists' guru Germaine Greer is now saying when British troops risk their lives for their country, they are rapists; when father's kiss their daughters, they are pedophiles.

http://www.thesun.co...our-troops.html

Despite Loi Kroi, I am so grateful I live in Chiang Mai.

It is too bad that anyone pays attention to that dried up old prune anymore. She was a frustrated man hater during her earlier days and has only gotten worse.

Dave2 and I know each other and we have similar tastes in women. I'm sure we can back up each other's stories. There is something for everyone's taste. Daewoo was also correct in that you can have a lot of fun for very little expenditure. I'd hate Loi Kroh to turn into Las Vegas. I drive right through Las Vegas when I'm down that way and don't even stop. And, while back in Canada for the past 2 months I can't say I see ANYTHING interesting in the way of women here. I walk through the supermarket and don't see one woman in 50 (100?) that I would take home with me, even if they were available and I was 30 year old stud.

It is easy to knock Loi Kroh, but you have to put it into some perspective and compare it to what is available elsewhere.

Wow BJ, 7,500 views, I bet you didn't realise Loi Kroh hits at the heart of so many. ;)

Tell me: What is the difference between the girls of Loi Kroh and those women who marry you for money. I think the difference is that the guys who go down to these girlie bars know what they're getting and what they are paying for - perfectly OK if that is what you need. I don't need that but I married a Thai girl six years ago. A civil engineer by training, highly intelligent, great language skills and so on. Not the best looking girl by far, but someone I liked and thought we'd get on. Six years later she turns out to have married me for money (and for no other reason), was a liar by any stretch of the imagination and a thief - she stole money out of the joint house account to buy presents for a Thai boyfriend and so on. She was a nasty bully who decided she could squeeze no more out of me and lied her way through a divorce this year. In those six years she earned far more than the poor girls of Loi Kroh. So there is no difference - they both sell themselves for money. In six years she earned over 5 million from me and I think that puts the girls on Loi Kroh in the shade. My guess is that it would take the most expert of them 20 years to earn that amount. So well done ex-wife, you fooled me and this is a warning to guys who'd rather marry their chosen one than frequent Loi Kroh. It costs a lot more and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

That is a sad story, Ian, but one I've heard over and over here in Canada. Spouses do not come with warrantee in any country. Have you checked how much it cost Paul McCartney for his short 4 year marriage to Heather Mills?

Dave2 and I know each other and we have similar tastes in women.

Wait..: those still having a pulse? ;)

:lol: :lol:

Real men don't kiss and tell. We only share photos between friends. :whistling:

Couldn`t we just tell and share some photos?

You`re a handsome guy, but I wouldn`t fancy kissing you. Well, not with that beard, anyway.

Well, Ianf

I can assure you that you are not alone with the experiences you have suffered and there are a lot of us, including myself that can relate to what you say.

I have no doubts that many of us have similar tales of woe they could tell. Like some books, the covers maybe different, but the stories are the same.

I think we should have a separate forum titled: the lying, cheating whore left me heartbroken and up the creek without a paddle forum.

But of course that would be considered as sexist and derogatory against the female species, because everyone knows that these girls are good girls and what they do is only because they are the victims of the lusts and desires from the likes of us, the wicked man beasts.

I think we should have a separate forum titled: the lying, cheating whore left me heartbroken and up the creek without a paddle forum.

But of course that would be considered as sexist and derogatory against the female species, because everyone knows that these girls are good girls and what they do is only because they are the victims of the lusts and desires from the likes of us, the wicked man beasts.

Such a thread would no doubt draw posts from good-hearted, naive, innocent men who were deceived and ambushed by clever wenches.

But it would get a ton of replies from guys who:

Like to go out wearing expensive watches, gold, chains, etc.

Like to impress women with talk about the wealth and possessions their superior intellect has earned them.

Court and woo women with gifts of jewelry, designer clothing, vehicles, promises of houses.

Are shocked to learn that the women they catch are materialistic!

Nothing wrong with nice watches, etc, but be aware that what you catch depends somewhat on the bait you use.

JMHO

"I was taken back just how seedy, dirty and squalid that area has become."

What was it like before?

Sometimes its not the pIace that changes, but our perception and expectations.

It may be that Ioi Kroh hasnt changed much at aII, but a different mind-set causes you to see what has aIways been there, but now in a different way.

Dont mean to come over aII Confucius-Iike..IoI.

I suspect your right. I was down that road last week , hasn't really changed in 18 years as far as I can see.

maybe a little more desperate ; I'm sure there were far more customers 18 years ago, and yes, the Girls appear to be anything but attractive. having said that I didn't have my Beer googles on . :)

Good girls in need of money. :D

Have you ever met one that DIDN'T? Even Jackie Kennedy married Onassis because he was wealthy and had power. And, Jackie was hardly poor after John died.

One thing I noticed when I visited the Museum art gallery in London. I believe it was the gallery of British history through art. There were paintings of beautiful women and famous people. The thing that stood out to me were the many women who used their beauty to shift upwards in power by jumping from man to man as each man lost his position in rank. I think the proper term was courtesan. Some poor sod lost his head and his former lover moved in with the new guy in power.

I took a stroll down Loi Kroh the other night as I do from time to time. I only saw one beautiful tall girl by one of the bars at the beginning of the soi. Continuing on, the girls appeared to be in their mid 30's on up, unattractive, some overweight. Many appeared to be from Isaan.

on a seedy street of the city

short on compassion or pity

the toms in search of a kitty

when age renders life sh*tty

wonder why the lady's flitty

when their wallet's itty-bitty

~o:37;

I think alot of people are attracted to the apparent ease of Thai girls on Loi Kroh. The funny thing is if you really break it down, the conversation you have, their awkwardness and border line unstableness, insecurities, lack of concentration, fakeness, aggressiveness I really do believe its a hell of alot harder to chat them up. But then again if you got cash in your pocket its a cert.

Personally I've gone right off Thai girls as it always seems like you never get to really know them and can never really be yourself

The more attractive girls have always tended to hide inside as they have no problem attracting customers.

When i was out and about loi kroh and other beer bar areas 12 years ago before i married i saw a lot of good looking girls that did not hide inside the bars. There were plenty standing outside trying to get punters to come into the bars. It is bad marketing to only have the old ugly overweight girls standing outside.

One of my more frugal buddies used to sit in front of the convenience store near the corner and have a beer and wait for a real stunner to come buy something and follow her back to her bar. Back home he would have been arrested for stalking. :D

The more attractive girls have always tended to hide inside as they have no problem attracting customers.

When i was out and about loi kroh and other beer bar areas 12 years ago before i married i saw a lot of good looking girls that did not hide inside the bars. There were plenty standing outside trying to get punters to come into the bars. It is bad marketing to only have the old ugly overweight girls standing outside.

As recently as 2007 there were many young beauties standing out there, but the poor economy and lack of tourism over the last couple of years has sent them to greener pastures.