Chiang Mai, Loi Kroh Road

Beetlejuice

Did you hear the one about the guy who preyed to have his lust removed? His prayers were answered, then he started begging to get some of it back.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Hyku1147,

Don't the clinics on Loy Kroh offer only wallet-liposuction, asset-reduction, and off-swhore banking ? Never dreamed they were offering lust reduction ! Wonder how many punters will pop for that ?

best, ~o:37;

Did you hear the one about the guy who preyed to have his lust removed? His prayers were answered, then he started begging to get some of it back.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Hyku1147,

Don't the clinics on Loy Kroh offer only wallet-liposuction, asset-reduction, and off-swhore banking ? Never dreamed they were offering lust reduction ! Wonder how many punters will pop for that ?

best, ~o:37;

They wouldn't. In fact they have little blue pills just to prevent such a thing. :D

Funny post my friend.:jap:

In order for fine upstanding expats(like me) to be able to avoid contact with very naughty girls whilst getting a massage, perhaps we need to make a detailed list of the really bad places. B)

Sorry there, I didn't mean to cut you off hyku1147!

Back to your question. I'm sure you would be safe in most of the places on the main street but I would definately avoid entering the infamous 'spunk alley'!

Yes I've heard of this spunk alley, where is it and why exactly is it called spunk alley? Can anyone clarify?

Also heard of this Spunk Alley. I seem to remember hearing it was towards the top of the road. Anyone else got any more info?

I am the 10,230th view here. Forgot to note which poster number I have. A fair amount of the discussion previously, some posts really quite thoughtful, has been of interest on the impact of a "Loi Khroh"area on a town, the impact on people who live and work there, and people who visit it. But, this thread has increasingly turned into a place for horny males to express adolescent fantasies, to find and or evaluate a good lay or whatever. I am not an old "school marm," but why should TV be turned into guide for immature types to find out where the "action" is? It would be better to jerk off by yourself or get jerked off somewhere else. Please. :jap:

You DO have a point, mapguy, but would you rather thaivisa became a boring place where the only discussion was if your Kow padt gai comes with a bowl of consume soup or not? Like it or not, the most active topics always seem to be ones where either sex is discussed or someone is bashing someone else's life style. The Chiang Mai sub-forum seems to be totally dedicated to places to eat and what to eat. It is handy for finding out where some specific place is located, but after that a forum will die if there isn't any action. That is one of the major faults with thaivisa and all the sub-forums. Very often we miss out on a good, valuable discussion because it is in a sub-forum that we seldom visit. It would take the better part of a whole day just to search through every forum on this board.

Well, Ian, you have a point, too! But as with "Best Hamburger Wars," reflecting another appetite, some of the comments on Loi Kroh Road are way over the top in my view and, ironically, rather confirm the OP's negative view of things that started all this off.

Hmmmm! Come to think of it, perhaps some of the careful analysis on the foodieand restaurant topics could be applied. Atmosphere? romantic dimly corners versus dank, dark dangerous alleys! Condiments or condoms? on top or on the side? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mapguy

I am the 10,230th view here. Forgot to note which poster number I have. A fair amount of the discussion previously, some posts really quite thoughtful, has been of interest on the impact of a "Loi Khroh"area on a town, the impact on people who live and work there, and people who visit it. But, this thread has increasingly turned into a place for horny males to express adolescent fantasies, to find and or evaluate a good lay or whatever. I am not an old "school marm," but why should TV be turned into guide for immature types to find out where the "action" is? It would be better to jerk off by yourself or get jerked off somewhere else. Please. :jap:

Very conflicted,,ambivelent and sad post .

You talk of T.V. "turned into a place horny males express adolescent fanasies" then go on with "TV has been turned into guide for immature types"

It seems you harbor great disdain for us normal, healthy TV males . .

What is hilarious is you then 'expose" your true nature in your last few words proclaiming, Quote: " better to j...off by yourself "

What ?

o.K., but i think we T.V. ers we will leave that to you!

Loh Khroh is now looking grand !!

Edited by yesterday

I've sat with friends at the Number One bar many times and not once have I been accosted by women looking for short time sex. All I found was a clean, friendly atmosphere and good staff. And, the two pool tables are actually quite good by Thailand standards.

Number_1_bar_2.jpg

Same is true for the Zoom bar and Sexy Poom Pui in the boxing complex further down the street. We go there to shoot some pool and watch football on the telly. The staff are friendly if you want them to be, but other than that it isn't a sleezy hangout. They aren't much different than any bar in Chiang Mai.

I have known the staff for years and the women are no different than staff working your favourite bars and pubs back home in the UK or USA. They have private lives, boyfriends and husbands. Some work two jobs. But, there ARE free lancers who come in looking for action. If they pick up a customer then they have to pay the bar a "barf fine".

Zoom_bar_staff_1.jpg

It can be a grotty place if you really don't want to be there, i avoid it when i'm not in the mood and enjoy it when i am in the mood, there's a couple of great restaurants there as well, we're rather fortunate that it hasn't become as bad as some places down south, because we lack tourist quantities up here, that come to Thailand just for sex and beer, who needs culture....Loi khro gets my vote!

If I wanted sleaze for some reason then most likely Loi Kroh road would not be on the itinerary. (MAYBE Star Six would just make it on to the list, but other than that most places are scarcely worth a mention.)

And this alley.. <deleted>? This is a newbie joke right, where you you send a newbie on some wild goose chase to find a reputedly incredible place that doesn't exist? If that's the case: nice one. If not: you live sheltered lives.

If I wanted sleaze for some reason then most likely Loi Kroh road would not be on the itinerary. (MAYBE Star Six would just make it on to the list, but other than that most places are scarcely worth a mention.)

And this alley.. <deleted>? This is a newbie joke right, where you you send a newbie on some wild goose chase to find a reputedly incredible place that doesn't exist? If that's the case: nice one. If not: you live sheltered lives.

It has been a few years but did anyone ever go into the toilet at star six? Drink quick and pee somewhere else.

Yeah I have heard that that alley hands out its fair share of hand shakys and happy endings from most girls. Some may disagree but there's only one way to find out! rolleyes.gif

Research is boring....but someone's gotta do it.

Are there any bars in particular there that are worth hitting if I want to watch whatever footy is on?

Some great info here btw. Anyone got any more pics they can post?

Cheers

I've got lots of photos, but some might bring negative replies or be misinterpreted, so I won't post them. Just about every bar on Loi Kroh has a television screen. Many are dedicated to the sports. And, sports on Thailand television seems to be British league football, European league football or for a change...just football.

Cheers. Sure I follow European football too, mostly la liga but a bit of bundesliga too. Good to know there are plenty of sports bars around then! Football and girls tending to my needs, what an awesome combination. Can't wait to go.

Are there any bars in particular there that are worth hitting if I want to watch whatever footy is on?

Some great info here btw. Anyone got any more pics they can post?

Cheers

I've got lots of photos, but some might bring negative replies or be misinterpreted, so I won't post them. Just about every bar on Loi Kroh has a television screen. Many are dedicated to the sports. And, sports on Thailand television seems to be British league football, European league football or for a change...just football.

As with most TVs in a bar in Thailand I think it is football, football, football, and more football since they show reruns daily

Nice to hear a Canadian calling the game by it's correct name.

Of course it's all 'football', otherwise the places would be empty - who wants to watch the 'other' kind of football? wink.gif

mc naughty

re .. on loy kroh at the top alley is opposite 711

do you mean this one ?

enjoy ... dave2

ps ... the cheese shop lasted about six months then closed : ( ... its now another massage shop : )

Amazing that it lasted an entire 6 months.

I took another stroll down Loi Kroh last night and things looked even worse from when I was there about 2 weeks ago. It looked like a couple of the bars that were close to the moat end of the soi have gone out of business in the last couple of weeks. 1 or 2 have been replaced by massage shops. There were quite a few older farangs sitting around and what seemed to be a shortage of girls, even unattractive ones, last night. It looked very boring.

This thread has amazes me. Nice to see some banter among friends here, but as for condemning the street and its establishments.... alot of getting worked up over nothing. I'd say the place is definitely in hurting for business state, but the place is fairly lively, clean, and there are a few restaurants like Chez Marco n that bring a whole new atmosphere to the place. It's hardly run down or dirty. Just is what it is.

This thread has amazes me. Nice to see some banter among friends here, but as for condemning the street and its establishments.... alot of getting worked up over nothing. I'd say the place is definitely in hurting for business state, but the place is fairly lively, clean, and there are a few restaurants like Chez Marco n that bring a whole new atmosphere to the place. It's hardly run down or dirty. Just is what it is.

I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I came back to Canada the past few months. Despite having my kids and grand kids, and lots of friends here on Vancouver Island, they all live 50 km away or more. I can't just jump on my bike and pop over to see them. And, I can't phone up my lady friends and say "How about coming over this afternoon."

And, I miss my nightly pool game with Gig, even though she now beats me more than I beat her.

Gik_2.jpg

And the drink I have to buy her when she wins...

Gik_4.jpg