Medicine Study In Thailand (Mbbs Or Md) In English

Help please.....

A Thai national, who studied in International Schools (local and abroad), with English as the medium of learning, seeks to study Medicine in Thailand. Is there any Thai school (college/university) that provides medicine study (i.e. MBBS or MD) in the English language?

Info on names, contacts or web pages would be a positive help. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find the below article on this topic from a year ago... I would advise starting by contacting the 3 name Universities to see if they have had programs approved as of yet.

Quote:

.... So far, Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Medicine and Mahidol University's Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital are ready to open the international medical school.

Meanwhile the Medical Council of Thailand will review Srinakharinwirot University's proposal to offer an English medical program ...

News Article on this Topic

I also see that there is a sections on Mahidol Unioversity's Faculty of Medicine website that talks about "Information for International Students" and I am guessing most international students would not be Thai Speakers...

Mahidol University

And on the scholarship application, it states a requirement for English proficiency, but does not mention anything about Thai proficiency, so one may assume that classes are in English???

Sccholarship Application for Foreign Students

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr. McMurray and Mr. Richard - I regret my late response and thank you immensely for your kind provision of information. I have tried to contact each of these universities and came to know that unluckily none of them provide "under-graduate courses" in the English language. My next best option (economically) would be to look for universities in the neighbourhood e.g. Malaysia.

Thank you and best regards,

' timestamp='1304820109' post='4408408']

I was able to find the below article on this topic from a year ago... I would advise starting by contacting the 3 name Universities to see if they have had programs approved as of yet.

Quote:

.... So far, Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Medicine and Mahidol University's Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital are ready to open the international medical school.

Meanwhile the Medical Council of Thailand will review Srinakharinwirot University's proposal to offer an English medical program ...

News Article on this Topic

I also see that there is a sections on Mahidol Unioversity's Faculty of Medicine website that talks about "Information for International Students" and I am guessing most international students would not be Thai Speakers...

Mahidol University

And on the scholarship application, it states a requirement for English proficiency, but does not mention anything about Thai proficiency, so one may assume that classes are in English???

Sccholarship Application for Foreign Students

You will need to apply for Medical school after graduating with your Bachelor's degree...

----------------------------------------

... First, at the undergraduate level there is no such thing as a degree in pre-med. It is a curriculum layout or sometimes referred to as a tract, which prepares students who intend to seek admission to medical schools. Many individuals who pursue a career as a physician major in biology at the undergraduate level, many others come from a variety of other educational backgrounds.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bachelor%27s_degree_is_best_to_get_into_medical_school#ixzz1NHSWMTuX

-----------------------------------------------------

BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.Sc.)

The Science Division offers 7 major programs leading to Bachelor of Science degrees, including Applied Mathematics, Biological Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environment, Food Science and Technology, and Physics. A B.Sc. degree from MUIC is a good preparation for medical school or other graduate studies abroad, as well as for entering the job market.

Mahidol University International Colllege

The Biological Science Program of MUIC offers quality education which allows students entry into a wide variety of occupations, professional degree programs, and advanced research degree programs. The courses offered are surprisingly diverse for a college as small as MUIC, and are interesting and challenging. Required courses emphasize the basic principles required for all advanced programs. These principles cover every field from environmental science, population biology and regulatory biology to cell and molecular biology. The program offers three modules: Biology, Biomedical Science and Biotechnology.

• 1 month later...

In thailand, studying medicine, you can go to the university right after you finish high school and study for 6 years, no required bachelor degree. But if you earn a bachelor degree in related fields for examples, dentistry or pharmacy, then you can applied for the university as well and study for another 5 years.

Unfortunately, we don't have English programme in Medicine... anyway, when u become the second year ++ medical student, most text books are in English.Especially when you are in clinical department such as Internal medicine, General Surgery, most doctors prefer standard textbooks like.. Harrison or Schwatz. The better English you have, the more advantage you get.

When you graduate Medicine... you earn M.D.

If you want to work abroad, you have to pass USMILE 3 steps... i'm too lazy for that :lol:

Edited by Pammalitta