Japanese Tourist Shot Dead In Chiang Rai By Thai Tour Guide

This news was all over Japanese media since yesterday, but none of it said the victim was a yakuza.

Do you really think that media statements, which are bought by criminal syndicates telling the truth that a victim is a member of a criminal syndicate? God will help you to keep your naivety.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read them both. :) I will say this one more time. There are the facts as we know them, and then there is the story of the guide about what happened. To have the police or anybody else imply that a major Japanese crime boss is wandering the jungle with packets of money to make a drug buy is so absurd as to boggle the imagination. That would be like saying a New York mafia boss is heading to the street corner to buy some crack......Please watch more mafia movies, drug buys are the job of the underlings, not the boss. I still say this was a robbery, and they guy shot in the back of the head should be your tip off.... :jap:

Strange ... when I read the story I didn't see the speculation about a "drug buy", If it had been it would have been a whole lot more $$. I also didn't read that a man had been shot "in the back of the head".

What I read was that an armed Yakuza boss with a wad of cash in his bag or his friend's bag was on a tour. I read that the guys were complaining incessantly. I read that the guide stopped and that an altercation broke out. I read that the guide was shot at and he shot too. He apparently fired 6 shots and hit 3 times. I read that the guy turned himself in to the police.

In your post above I read that you seem to believe that watching mafia movies tells you what life is like. I read in your post above that you think it was a robbery, but that fails to explain another gun found and 10,000 USD found. I read in your post above that you think the man that was shot in the head and in the back was "shot in the back of the head." and that you think that should be a "tip off".

I would suggest that you watch FEWER gangster movies :) I would suggest that if this had anything to do with drugs (and I think it might) it would have been a planned higher-level meeting to arrange supplie-lines and shipments and negotiate prices etc. Or just a friendly "meet and greet" to get the ball rolling ........

This news was all over Japanese media since yesterday, but none of it said the victim was a yakuza.

Do you really think that media statements, which are bought by criminal syndicates telling the truth that a victim is a member of a criminal syndicate? God will help you to keep your naivety.

Huh? Where is my tin hat?

Do you really think the Pattaya Daily News is "bought by a criminal syndicate"? Or are you suggesting that all of the media in Japan is controlled by the Yakuza? Additionally, do you think the Embassy of Japan was lying?

A link to a cited article from the OP

http://www.japantoda...-wounds-another

Thanks for posting a link to the article, it does seem not many who replied took the time to read it first. Eg. The injured man had more injuries than a single gunshot, casings found were from 2 guns. But what caught my eye and no one has mentioned -If it was the result of an argument; when and WHY did one of the parties take the time to walk around the jeep and shoot out all four tyres?

Also wondering how did the injured man get back from the jungle? They said they found the dead man's body in the jungle and the tour guide was arrested at a friends house.

So if the dead man was a Yakuza member and the or a gang leader, the last thing I would want if being the Thai guide is my mug shot plastered all over the news. I would imagine that there would be some need to right the death of the gang member by the group back in Japan. It does sound as though the Thai man may have a very unlikely future mapped out for him. May not be able to do any future guide jobs; may be he will end up getting the $10K as compensation? Just a thought!

I think seeing a tour guide with a gun would make many very uncomfortable, even up in the north. Honestly would you really want to go into areas that require a gun as a tourist. As a tourist I would want to enjoy myself and not feel threatened.

As a tour a guide not many will argue with this Thai man in the future, as you know the outcome.

If you read an earlier post from one of the members,him and his wife live near to the guide and the area they were reported to be in and nearest village is known for drug 'activity'...Not Einsteins Theory of Relativity by any stretch of the imagination to hazard a guess as to what they were up to!

I have read them both. :) I will say this one more time. There are the facts as we know them, and then there is the story of the guide about what happened. To have the police or anybody else imply that a major Japanese crime boss is wandering the jungle with packets of money to make a drug buy is so absurd as to boggle the imagination. That would be like saying a New York mafia boss is heading to the street corner to buy some crack......Please watch more mafia movies, drug buys are the job of the underlings, not the boss. I still say this was a robbery, and they guy shot in the back of the head should be your tip off.... :jap:

Strange ... when I read the story I didn't see the speculation about a "drug buy", If it had been it would have been a whole lot more $$. I also didn't read that a man had been shot "in the back of the head".

What I read was that an armed Yakuza boss with a wad of cash in his bag or his friend's bag was on a tour. I read that the guys were complaining incessantly. I read that the guide stopped and that an altercation broke out. I read that the guide was shot at and he shot too. He apparently fired 6 shots and hit 3 times. I read that the guy turned himself in to the police.

In your post above I read that you seem to believe that watching mafia movies tells you what life is like. I read in your post above that you think it was a robbery, but that fails to explain another gun found and 10,000 USD found. I read in your post above that you think the man that was shot in the head and in the back was "shot in the back of the head." and that you think that should be a "tip off".

I would suggest that you watch FEWER gangster movies :) I would suggest that if this had anything to do with drugs (and I think it might) it would have been a planned higher-level meeting to arrange supplie-lines and shipments and negotiate prices etc. Or just a friendly "meet and greet" to get the ball rolling ........

Edited by sydneyjed

Guide in Yakuza murder saga

By CHINNAPAT CHAIYAMON

THE NATION

Chiang Rai

30154123-01.jpg

A Thai tour guide has been arrested for allegedly killing a Japanese man suspected to be a Yakuza leader and seriously injuring his compatriot, Tourist Police chief Maj-General Adis Ngamjitsuksri said.

Apichat Inthisak, 41, who was arrested in possession of a .38-calibre pistol, said the men hired him to take them to Doi Hang. He claimed the men scolded him over delays and rough terrain leading to an argument that resulted in the shooting.

On Tuesday morning, the body of Takashi Kodo, 44, with gunshot wounds to the head and torso, and the injured Hiromichi Makano, 59, were found in a bamboo forest near a hot spring. Makano was taken to Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital. His condition is now stable in intensive care.

The Japanese men's two backpacks, carrying a hundred US$100 (Bt3,000) banknotes and 47 bullets, were also found at the scene. There were also signs of struggle.

After the shooting, Apichat fled to a nearby Akha village, where police arrested him and charged him with murder and assault.

Adis said initial police investigation found that Kodo - the reported manager of Tokyo's "Sedu-kai" gang and fugitive from a murder case - did not have a visa to enter Thailand.

His compatriot is suspected of being a caretaker for fugitive gangsters in Thailand.

Adis said the suspect claimed he met the two men a month ago on a bus and gave them his business card.

The two men later contacted Apichat to take them to Doi Hang, Adis said. However, they reportedly scolded him along the way about things such as delays and rough terrain.

When he pulled over at the scene because he could go no further as the road was too steep, Kodo pulled out a gun to shoot him, but he shot Kodo instead. The suspect claimed he then fought with the injured Makano, who used Kodo's gun to shoot the truck tyre, so he fled on foot to the nearby village.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-28

rip brother

and

the fact that the guy turned himself in voluntarily pretty much rules out all conspiracy theories

Possibly so;;; but he may have surrendered along with a brown paper bag?