Japanese Tourist Shot Dead In Chiang Rai By Thai Tour Guide

Nice one...he sure picked the wrong guy to murder.

Was the guide registered? probably not and there are plenty more like him who buy an "official guide" badge and ID and set off on their merry ways to cause mayhem.

What often amazes me with serious crime in Thailand is that the perpetrators don't give a thought to the years they will spend in a hell hole. Seems this is no deterrent for them.

You forgot to mention the gun licenselaugh.gif

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something very fishy about this story . The Thai tourist guide that I have known for many years , as I said before in my other post , WAS a good man. I am as shocked as some of my Thai friends who also know him. It just goes to show that you never know who you are dealing with in this country and that goes for the foreigners living here are as dangerous.

Sounds more like all involved knew what they were doing and for what.

Then something went wrong, possibly with the meeting place and time, or a set up by the Tour Guide who never intended to supply the contact or goods.

I would not count the Tour Guide as an innocent player in all this. Sounds kind of odd that a victim was shot in the back. It is possible if the victim was retreating for cover with a gun.

What about the victims gun or guns? Was it the 9 mm in the back pack, or another gun somewhere ?

The shot out Jeep tires a few hundred meters from the shootout. Very fishy.

Possibly the other japanese tourist escaped at first. Ran to the Jeep, shot out the tires, and was attempting to ambush the tour guide when he was shot.

Just a possible scenareo.

We never know the private lives of even our best friends and aquaintences until something like this happens.

The $10K can possibly be explained by them being Japanese.

Japanese will, like Germans, carry large amounts of cash rather than use a credit card.

(credit cards aren't as readily used in Japan... which is why Japanese banks have high daily ATM limits. I remember when Citibank in Japan had a DAILY limit for withdrawals from ATMs of US$15K.)

What a post. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!:jap:

Sounds more like all involved knew what they were doing and for what.

Then something went wrong, possibly with the meeting place and time, or a set up by the Tour Guide who never intended to supply the contact or goods.

I would not count the Tour Guide as an innocent player in all this. Sounds kind of odd that a victim was shot in the back. It is possible if the victim was retreating for cover with a gun.

What about the victims gun or guns? Was it the 9 mm in the back pack, or another gun somewhere ?

The shot out Jeep tires a few hundred meters from the shootout. Very fishy.

Possibly the other japanese tourist escaped at first. Ran to the Jeep, shot out the tires, and was attempting to ambush the tour guide when he was shot.

Just a possible scenareo.

We never know the private lives of even our best friends and aquaintences until something like this happens.

Dr. Watson, you might be wrong.......................:jap:

This news was all over Japanese media since yesterday, but none of it said the victim was a yakuza.

They had guns on them and $10,000 in cash. This Takushi guy is also meant to be the leader of the third largest 'gang' in Japan according to the article.

I wonder what their real reason was for going into the Jungle.

If what's said in the article he should be released without charge as it's a case of self defence.

DRUGS :jap:

H. from Myanmar?:jap:

This news was all over Japanese media since yesterday, but none of it said the victim was a yakuza.

Well it wouldn't be would it? considering the Japanese media is influenced (controlled) by "them" :blink:

Not just controlled by them. They own most of them.:jap:

There used to be lots of opium on the hills of Chiang Rai.Do I have personal information about this - Yes! Used to see them back in the year 2000. That was 11 years ago - BT (before Taksin). Since then most of the opium came from across the border. Saw opium plant again only once (around 3 years ago) on the hands of someone in uniform near Doi Wawi. I doubt there is a lot of opium being grown in that area now. Besides, it seems to be rather out of the way of transhipment points (i.e. between Myanmar and Thailand).

One word comes to mind... opium. Lots of it.

Doubtful any of them were just out for a morning stroll Guiding and trecking Akha Hill. With Guns and money on hand. then ooops... Gun play occurs over heated words.. doubtful.

They would not have needed a tour guide if they knew where to go. They might use him if the guide had done this for them before or if they had arranged it thru the guide.

I may be wrong in my opinion, but then lots of speculation by all with all the Holes in this story.

One thing is for certain, they went together, a disagreement and violence erupted and one was killed, another wounded, and the tour guide unhurt with his story of what happened.

The truth is somewhere there in the middle of the explinations and the evidence.

According to the latest reports, even the BIB think there is something left out of this story. That tells us volumes if even the BIB thinks the guides story is not truthful.

There is a reason why trekking companies are required to register with the tourist police. Most of the tour companies that I know don't. Only one tour company does this regularly. Trekking tour guides would probably not think about doing something that stupid if he knew his name registered. My guess is that the tour was not made through a tour company. The trip to the hills was a private business agreement between the guide and the deceased.

Your comment is overblown. This was NOT A NORMAL tour.

Notes to self:

Don't go on hill treks in Thailand -- they're so dangerous that the guides have to carry a gun to protect their customers. Besides, if I happen to complain and the guide doesn't like that, he'll probably shoot me.

Also, never forget that Thais can kill foreigners without any real investigation or consequences.

I heard the tourist guides was supposed to be the manager or was at least employed at a very popular stop near the new clock tower. That coffe shop where he works is supposed to be owned by someone from Bkk - someone with serious money. So it surprises me why he would be going out on tours? Was he moonlighting as a tour guide while being employed by the coffee shop?

Just been to Topps. Whilst in the proximity of the fish counter I overheard an oriental bird (strong possibility of some Japanese bloodlines) enquiring about puffer fish. This pricked my ears immediately and as I studied her more closely I noticed a Hello Kitty tattoo on her left shoulder. Quick as a flash I got out my "Tesco bag for life" hooded her with it and double tapped her on the spot.

Job done.

The Yakuzas walk amongst us - stay alert,protect and serve.

Perhaps if the tour guide had been on time instead of 1 hour late, this shooting would not have occurred.

I'm sure we have all been angry on many occasions due to the Thais lack of time-keeping.

Quite simple. Thai time, lucky he turned up the same day. Mia-bpen-rai!

jb1

Perhaps if the tour guide had been on time instead of 1 hour late, this shooting would not have occurred.

I'm sure we have all been angry on many occasions due to the Thais lack of time-keeping.

Quite simple. Thai time, lucky he turned up the same day. Mia-bpen-rai!

jb1

sure.... that was nothing to do with timekeeping...

a witness said there were 3 Japaneses on the Jeep.............. the articles from Pattaya and AFP didn't even quote....

and the cop didn't believe him the whole story reported.... the dead man was a leader in Yakuza Gang....

the reason of goin' to the jungle near Myanmar border ...... illegal drug trade...(still mystery)

Edited by dunkin2012

Some of you guys should be writers with the way your minds work over time to conjuror a story that makes the Thai guy at fault with out much knowledge of what happened except the newspaper story. Which many of you donot even read.

Cheap enertainment